1-NIGHT BOOKINGS ACCEPTED FOR SELECT DATES ONLY. INQUIRE BEFORE BOOKING. This site only permits a limited number of photos, so please TEXT ME FOR MORE PHOTOS!
This is only 1 of 4 BEACH rentals I have located right next to one another. If you have larger groups and want more space and cant find the dates you're looking for See my other rental on this site titled: BEACH TIKI BAR, BIKES & BOARDS that sleeps 2-10 or my OCEANFRONT BEDROOM SUITES in my SHARED home that sleeps up to 1-3 persons in each bedroom. Please TEXT message my phone number for more info. Families, groups, and children are welcome must each guest must be counted including children. Children are NOT free.
This ADORABLE, NEWLY RENOVATED studio is steps to the sand with an indoor Tiki Bar, 2 small outdoor patios (w/BBQ, dining table + ocean view), FREE Private Parking, Wifi, Bicycles, Surfboards, Boogie boards, Skateboards, Wetsuits, Beach chairs, picnic basket, and lots of other funs toys and games. Our NEW DOUBLE-PANE WINDOWS make it nearly sound-proof and climate controlled so you'll sleep like a baby.
Tropical, colorful, retro 50's/60's/70's decor with a Tiki Bar, Tiki Torches, Vinyl Record player, Bicycles, Surf Boards, Boogie Boards, Skate boards, Wet Suits, Beach chairs, beach towels and a mini patio.
This is a cozy, comfortable STUDIO designed as a small tribute to legendary rock bands that came from Venice & Marina del Rey (such as The Beach Boys, The Eagles & The Doors) that became famous in the 50's, 60's and 70's. The studio can sleep up to 4 persons and includes: a Deluxe Queen size mattress, Two twin mattresses (a trundle bed-couch) TV, A Tiki Dining Bar for 4, a Record player-stereo, Albums, A bean bag chair, a small Kitchen (w/ a 2-burner stove, coffee maker, microwave, toaster, refrigerator, dishes and utensils) and a small patio with 2 small chairs. We use only 100% cotton bedding so you will have a cool, soft, wonderful night's stay.
AMENITIES INCLUDES: Use of 5 BICYCLES ( shared with another rental available on a first-come-first-serve basis) , SURFBOARDS (both hard and soft in various sizes from short to long), BOOGIE BOARDS, WETSUITS,, SKATEBOARDS, HELMETS, PADDLE TENNIS, ROLLERBLADES, PORTABLE BEACH CHAIRS, BEACH UMBRELLA, BEACH TOWELS and other fun things to play with!
INSIDE THE UNIT: Bath Towels, and a Home Manual/Guide Book with info on the unit, maps, things to do & see in the area, restaurant recommendations and a special sections for "Kids & Families" & "Health & Wellness".
CHECK IN TIME & YOUR ARRIVAL:
You may check in ANYTIME after 3:00 pm. I am your host-concierge and I live just across the street! l try to meet & greet my guests upon their arrival to assist with parking and luggage and to give a brief tutorial of the property. However, in the event I cannot meet you at your arrival time the keys will be left in a "secret spot" for those arriving late at night. In the unit on the Tiki Bar is also a very detailed guide book/home manual with WIFI passwords and loads of info on the operations of the apartment.
ABOUT THE AREA & NEIGHBORHOOD:
The neighborhood is conveniently nestled between Venice/Santa Monica and the south Bay, and Only 10 minutes to both the 405 and 10 fwy’s and 12 minutes to LAX airport (a $23 taxi ride with luggage or try LYFT or UBER for half the price).
The prestigious marina peninsula is a rare, private strip of private beachfront paradise with NO crazy Venice boardwalk traffic. It’s considered a very safe, upscale community with friendly people who smile, hug and say "hello" to everyone. The residents are a diverse mix of happy surfers, artists, volleyball players, film-industry executives and just about everyone else. Everyone is VERY health conscious so don't be surprised at how many people you will find engaging in diverse outdoor activities and exercises to stay in shape.
You can walk to almost anyplace so you don't necessarily need a car. Our neighborhood is an upscale SAFE community and quite a contrast from that of Venice beach (only a few blocks away). The beach house is only a few blocks from Washington blvd cafes, bars, restaurants, shops, pier, boat marina, boat rental, surf shops, Venice canals, Venice Boardwalk, yoga, pilates, banks, dry cleaners & market. The apartment is located in a just next door to a very small, private spa where you can get a deep tissue massage or just about any other holistic treatment you might want.
You don't really need a car. Most locals bike, skate, walk or grab a cheap ride-service such as "LYFT" (50% cheaper than a standard taxi and a much nicer car ride). Just download the LYFT app to your smart phone and use the promo code ELIZABETH337512 for a $10 FREE credit on your first ride. Most guests tell me they wish they didn't spend the money renting a car. There is also a bus stop just a few blocks away that will take you into Hollywood. There is also a Bike-walk Path Just In Front Of Our Place On The Beachfront (that Will Take You All The Way Into Santa Monica And South Malibu). However, if you do have a car you have a guaranteed PRIVATE PARKING SPACE just a few steps from your front door!
THINGS TO DO & SEE:
There is SO much to do and see in and around our area that you couldn't see and do it all in a month! You can rent bicycles, roller blades, boats, surf and paddle boards and just about anything else from the rental shop 3 blocks away. You can bike to Abbot Kinney Blvd, Admiralty Way in the marina or Santa Monica Third Street Promenade for additional shopping, restaurants, bars, movie theaters and the Santa Monica Pier. Free Summer concerts are held Thursday nights on the SM Pier and in Marina del Rey on weekends at Burton Chase Park and at the Open Air, Organic Farmers Market Festival every Sunday On Main street & Ocean Park. During the Autumn, we have street fairs and art festivals and during December there are two Christmas boat parades with fireworks and crazy fun theme decorations. So much fun! There are also great places to go for a day trips 20-40min away such as the Santa Monica pier for the kids theme park carnival, the marine aquarium, the ferris wheel and the newly built park, restaurants, and day trips to Malibu and Escondido Falls, Temescal Canyon hiking and Topanga Canyon, or south to Redondo or Laguna Beach to watch the Olympic volleyball players training in action. It’s endless!
FOR YOUR FIRST MORNING UPON YOUR ARRIVAL: We offer you complimentary coffee, tea, and all the fixins to help you get over your jetlag. LOL. There is a also small market walking distance a few streets away and several cafes and restaurants to keep you well fed.
* ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR CANDLES ANYWHERE IN OR AROUND THE UNIT. THIS IS STRICTLY ENFORCED!!
* NO LOUD NOISE, SHOUTING OR PARTIES: We respect the sanctuary of this peaceful neighborhood and our neighbors need their sleep. QUIET TIME AFTER 10pm MUST BE RESPECTED.
* CHILDREN OF ALL AGES ARE WELCOME BUT MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS IN YOUR RESERVATIONS. THIS INCLUDES INFANTS. CHILDREN ARE NOT FREE. We have invested in high chairs, baby cribs, toys and games and children cause as much damage and mess as adults, or more!) and our discounted rates are based on the number of beds we must change, laundry , cleaning supplies, water usage etc...). ALL ADDITIONAL GUESTS (NOT INCLUDED WITH YOUR RESERVATION HEAD COUNT) MUST PAY $25 PR PERSON PER NIGHT FOR THE TOTAL NUMBER OF NIGHTS IN YOUR RESERVATION., WE DO NOT PRO RATE THESE FEES IF YOUR ADDITIONAL GUESTS STAYS ONLY 1 NIGHT.
* DO NOT PARK ANYPLACE ELSE OTHER THAN WHERE INSTRUCTED OR YOUR CAR WILL BE TOWED BY ANOTHER NEIGHBOR. Your parking space is located in the alley behind the rear of the building. Please DO NOT BLOCK THE GARAGE DOOR.
* DISCLAIMER: USE OF SPORTING GOODS: PLEASE NOTE: By You (and all members of your party) agree to use the supplied sporting goods (surfboards, boogie boards, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, paddle tennis or any other sporting items) at your own risk and hold the owner, host and building manager 100% harmless against any injuries or death that might occur by the use of these items. If you do not know how to surf it is highly advised that you take a lesson from a certified surf instructor. Surfing is far more challenging than it looks. Please use caution when playing in the ocean. Enjoy but be Safe!