BEAUTIFUL GITE COUPLING THE SEA AND THE COUNTRYSIDE in GRANVILLE.
In the middle of the tranquil Norman countryside and only 1.5 kilometer away from the nearest beach (accessible by foot or by bike) and 3km away from the town centre of Granville, the Lesnoff family welcomes you to a great character cottage (old farm from 19th Century).
The house is semi-detached with the friendly owners’ who know the region very well.
You will find peace here and everything you need to relax and have a wonderful holiday, including a fantastic large communal garden. The garden is fully enclosed, perfect for families with children, and views on the rural surroundings.
Parking is onsite.
The stoned family house, with southern exposure, is very convivial and comfortable.
With a 150 m2, it can receive 8 people.
On the ground floor, you will find a large kitchen with an extendable Norman wooden table accommodating up to 12 people, a very relaxing lounge with an impressive period fireplace and a warm and bright conservatory, ideal to chill out after a long day of sightseeing or sunbathing, a separate washroom and a laundry room.
On the first floor there are 4 tastefully decorated and good size bedrooms, 3 with a double bed (1 double room can be made up as a twin-bedded room upon request) and one with a bunk bed, 2 bathrooms fitted out with shower and toilets, one of which is ensuite.
In the kitchen: fridge, cooking place with 2 gas and 2 induction plate, micro-wave, oven, dishwasher, filter coffee machine, toaster.
In the lounge: TV, DVD, hi-fi stereo.
In the laundry room: washing machine, a small clothes line.
In the garden: garden furniture, lounge chairs and barbecue (shared with the owners) to cook the wonderful fresh fish you will find in town, table tennis, petanque balls.
For the children, equipment can be supplied on request, high chair, stroller, cot bed.
And, wi-fi, books, games
Wood for the fireplace.
Towels can be supplied, for free, on demand, only with bed linen hiring.
Hiring of bed linen option (beds not made): 10 euros/single bed
14 euros/double bed
Cleaning option at check-out : 60 euros
Heating, water, electricity, gas for cooking, wood for the fireplace and wi-fi included.
Refundable damage deposit : 500 euros.
Booking deposit : 25% at the time of booking
Tourist tax: 0.79€/night/adult
Check-in/Arrival : from 4pm / Check-out/Departure : 11am
* Granville :
Located in the region of Lower Normandy, near the Bay of Mont Saint Michel, « The Monaco of the North » is a popular seaside resort. First inhabited by Vikings Granville was in the Middle Ages a fortress built in order to protect the Mont Saint Michel. During the Renaissance inhabitants used to leave to go fishing for cod in the waters of Newfoundland, but the activity ceased in the early 1930s. The resort became very well known in 1925 when a train station was built, allowing tourists from all over France to come and visit its wonderful beaches. This is still the case today, with nearly 10,000 visitors each year.
This mythical town, popular during the Roaring Twenties, is also the birthplace of the famous designer Christian Dior and his family owned a house in Granville. The house has since then been developed into a magnificent museum which can be visited throughout the year.
Stroll around the festive streets of the old town and the harbour and you will discover the charm of this 1930’s resort. Large white facades, small charming boutiques, art galeries, museums, craft and food markets… A perfect blend of French market town and salty air !!!
Granville is an ideal destination for historical, sports’ or relaxation holidays.
• Sports fans will love the wide range of activities to do to do around the town. Whether it is water sports such as surfing, sailing, catamaran or rowing, or other sports like tennis, golf, horse riding, bowling, cycling… you are bound to find something different to do every day.
• Relaxation lovers will enjoy the fine sand beaches around Granville, perfect for lounging in the sun or for lovely scenic walks. The Spa Center in Donville ( offers many treatments to help you relax from head to toe.
• Fishing enthusiasts will love the fishing port an the high tides which strike over very large areas. You will enjoy eating fresh fish, wild oysters, mussels, winkles, clams, cockles, crabs, shrimp… If you are lucky, lobster !
During your stay in Granville, do not miss :
- Trip/exploration from Granville to the Chausey Islands and the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernesey, Serq)
- The « Old Town » of Granville, full of quirky houses and tiny cobbled streets.
- The Christian Dior Museum, which chronicles the life of the famous designer and which has been built in his childhood home.
- The Aquarium, home to many species and which includes 3 splendid exhibition spaces.
- The Carnaval of Granville in February, « Les Sorties de Bain » Festival in July (street art), Jazz Festival in Coutances in May.
- The foot crossing of « Les Greves » to Le Mont Saint Michel, the « Cabane Vauban » and the « Chemin des Douaniers » walks.
- The Zoo of Champrepus (15km)
- The Abbeys of La Lucerne (12km), of Hambye (30km) and Lessay (33km)
- The Mont Saint Michel (47km), UNESCO heritage and known worldwide for its huge abbey perched on a rocky island.
- Saint Malo (90km)
- Landing Normandy beaches (90km)
- Tapestry of Bayeux (90km)