|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The owner is a green builder and renovated this apartment with a keen eye for health and harmony.
Huge common space
Tons of light
Green eco garden
Very large & modern apartment in the middle of the city!
Perfect for visitors & child friendly.
100 feet from F/G train at 2nd Street Station.
Free yoga classes while you visit at yoga studio 1 block away.
Keywords: clay walls, radiant floor heating, non-toxic paint, wood floors, bright, sunny, close transportation, two bedroom, washer and dryer, spacious, loft like, garden, pond, ecological, green, native plants,
I am a green builder specializing in high efficiency and ecological renovations. My wife owns a yoga studio and day spa in the neighborhood.
Loretta purchased this townhome in 2007
Carroll Gardens is a beautiful tree lined area with great shopping and restaurants. It is close to the subway and a few minutes from Manhattan. The neighborhood is very family friendly and safe. There is also a very enjoyable nightlife with great bars and eating options. All within walking distance of the home.
The home is ecologically built and has much fresher air quality than most homes. There are not toxic chemicals in the walls and floors. Everything is natural and experimentally friendly with a modern style.
This review is not for this unit, but a similar unit also owned by Loretta (https://www.vrbo.com/481796). I originally booked this unit, but Loretta double booked and was able to still host us at another rental unit a few blocks away.
We could have easily booked a high-end Manhattan hotel room for 2 nights for the same rate as this apt. We were 4 professional women in our 40s and thought it would be fun to stay in Brooklyn. The accommodations were a blemish on an otherwise great weekend. Upon seeing the unit, we tried to cancel, but Loretta would not give us a refund (which I understood) since she had turned down other bookings for our reservation. She did come and drop off some blankets which was very nice on her part. Otherwise, the beds only had sheets on them (we were there in Nov so pretty chilly at night). There is a list of issues with the unit, many of which could be remedied easily with a good house cleaner!
The unit we stayed reminded us of an off campus college apartment....
1. The apt was dirty (my light colored socks were black on the bottom after walking for a few minutes in the unit). The kitchen countertops were really sticky and the table still had crumbs on it.
2. The mugs in the cupboards had stains in them which I was able to wash out.
3. The closets had broken A/C units, old paint cans, old computers, and lots of other bric a brac so we couldn't hang our clothes in them.
4. The towels smelled like old rags and were full of mildew (I recommend a thorough hot wash with white vinegar!)
5. Getting hot water was kind of tricky with the loose shower faucet.
6. No bath soap was provided (only anti bacterial hand soap), no paper towels, no dish towels, no coffee machine.
7. The walls are paper thin so you can hear "everything" your neighbor is doing.
8. The floors and walls are quite slanted everywhere, and the stairs are super steep, narrow and squeaky.
9. The street is really noisy. We stayed on a Fri and Sat night, and the neighbors were partying till 3am.
10. Another neighbor was not happy and kept complaining that this apt is being used for an Airbnb, even though did not book thru Airbnb. I guess Loretta also rents on Airbnb...
Basically, we tried to stay in the unit as little as possible and did not shower after the first attempt. Lesson learned about ourselves: we don't like to travel as we did in our 20s, and we will stay away from NY apt rentals. From now on we've decided NYC hotels only!
We are a family of four and stayed at Loretta's apt this summer. The actual size of the place is bigger than the pictures suggest. It's really well appointed, clean and great location literally a 1 minute walk to the subway. It's a very quiet neighborhood and fun to walk around day or night with loads of shops and restaurants to choose from. Plus, it's easy to get into and out of Manhattan.
Loretta was a very helpful and responsive host. I would highly recommend this lovely apt.
Really peaceful place. Good for kids. Especially loved backyard w dipping pond and turtle pond in front yard. A half block from subway
Location cannot be beat. Half a block from subway, and so nice to return to a residential area after spending the day in NYC. Plus, walking distance to everything one needs in regards to restaurants, night life, grocery. The apartment itself was clean and met expectations. Beds were comfy and the space had everything we needed.
Great location, comfortable place with the most unique indoor and outdoor design.
Loved the water feature in front with live turtles and fish. Apartment was clean and spacious. Perfect apartment for our visiting family Thank you Loretta.
We are located in the Carroll Gardens restaurant community of Smith Street. There are many high quality restaurants and stores in the neighborhood. Manhattan is five minutes away by subway. The subway is on the corner of the block.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £20 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£393|