One of the best features of Marevista cottage is the large, welcoming porch. The wicker furniture and bay views make it the perfect spot to relax. You enter the cottage into the comfortable living room with plenty of seating.The large dining area offers room for enjoyable meals or a challenging family game. While the home maintains its old-fashioned charm, the kitchen was recently updated. Beyond the kitchen is the renovated bathroom decorated with bead board and cheerful colors. Across from the bathroom, the laundry area with washer and dryer is a convenience not found in many Bayside cottages. Up a narrow staircase, which may be difficult for some to maneuver, the 4 bedrooms and a small room with a single commode are arranged. The cottage sleeps 6 comfortably with its 1 queen, 1 double, and 2 single beds.Looking through the colored-glass framed windows, you can wake to glimpse the sparkling bay beyond the neighboring cottages and arise to another terrific day in Bayside! (More details below).
Additional Cottage Details: • Living area: Sun streams through the colored glass framing the windows adding to the warmth of the wood paneling. There is a DVD player and a radio/CD player along with numerous board games and books. Plus free WIFI!
• Bedrooms: Patchwork quilts and original artwork decorate these inviting rooms. Each room has at least 1 window and 3 have closets. Each room has a fan for warm evenings.
• Kitchen: Beyond the numerous collectibles, in the large pantry cupboards, dishes, glassware, pots/pans, bake ware, utensils, are stocked for every type of meal. There is a blender, a waffle machine, a toaster, and a coffeemaker, And, of course, there is a pot large enough for lobsters!
• Bathroom: Its large shower includes a seat (there is no bathtub). Lots of shelving for toiletries and towels.
• Heat: there is baseboard electric heat on the first floor, but it's rarely needed in the summer months.
• The back door leads to a small deck and access to the yard.
Beyond the Cottage: From Marevista cottage, the following are an easy walk (1-3 blocks):
An honor-system lending library, Northport yacht club offering sailing lessons, the shore with docks for swimming and fishing, historical society's museum, Northport Golf Club, and street after street of lovely architectural details and gardens.
Kayak/boat rentals with delivery; bike rentals; community pool in Belfast; guest boat moorings
In Nearby Belfast:
Hospital, doctors, dentists, pharmacies, groceries, hardware/home stores, churches, auto repair/supplies, public library, fast food to fine dining, pubs, parks, bakeries, ice cream shop, marina, theater (live and movies), etc.
Brief History of Bayside: Marevista cottage was built in 1878. Originally a Methodist retreat, Bayside's visitors came by steamship and stayed in the large hotel at the top of Ruggles Park. Others stayed in tents and, within years, those tents evolved into the current gingerbread cottages throughout this historical village. Today, the residents, both year-round and seasonal, are a diverse mix of new families and descendants of some of the original families. Bayside is a step back to calmer and quieter times, where people enjoy chatting and storytelling with neighbors and kids make new friends readily.
With all that Marevista cottage has to offer, it's definitely the place to come to do everything or to do nothing at all!