|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
Villa Mimosa is situated in the heart of Taormina, facing the historic Grand Hotel San Domenico a few steps from the Corso Umberto where you will find the best shops, restaurants, trendy bars and discos.
Villa Mimosa is a charming villa with a wonderful internal garden where you can relax and dine during the warm summer evenings . There is also a spacious terrace with a view of the Etna volcano and the sea.The villa has air conditioning, heating,TV flat screen plus free Wi-Fi, a large living room with a log fire, four bedrooms (two double bedrooms,one twin bed room and one single bedroom ), three bath rooms, and a wonderful fully equipped kitchen decorated with ancient sicilian majolica tiles. The entire villa is furnished with prestigeous pieces.
Bed linen and towels are included
Beach towels included.
A public car park can be found at 300 m
The only reason I gave this property 3 stars is because it’s nice, though very uncomfortable, and close to the center, but the manager Louise needs a crash course in hospitality.
1) Our flight was delayed for 4 hours, I called her around 11:00 am on arrival day and here is the conversation we had:
- Hi, I’m calling to see if you could please provide us with transportation to the villa tonight.
Louise (with a very stern tone): But you didn’t make any airport transportation reservation.
- I know, and that’s the reason I’m calling. If you can’t accommodate us, we’ll take care of it ourselves?
Louise (nasty tone): The ride is $80,00 per car.
- We already know and we’re fine with it.
2) The villa was deceptively advertised as able to accommodate 8 adults for an average daily rate of X amount of dollars. However, the reality is different, for it can only accommodate TWO COUPLES AND THREE CHILDREN: two good size double rooms, a room with 2 children beds, a room with a children bed, and a tiny bed in the pantry with metal coils poking through the so-called mattress, and we were charged almost 3 times the advertised rate. When I later learned how much she charged us, she bitterly said, “You should READ before you sign.” Make sure before you get there to bring your own bath soaps, shampoo, and a shower curtain to avoid flooding the bathroom, or the restaurant downstairs for that matter, after each shower.
3) Our flight was again delayed and rescheduled for 9:15 pm on July 24, I called Louise around 9:00 pm on July 23 to ask her if we could stay in the house for a couple of hours. She sounded annoyed by my call – she told me later that I shouldn’t have called her at 9:00 pm- in Italy people go out for DINNER after 9:00 pm. She told me that she would charge us about 72% of the daily rate for just leaving our luggage, and that she would let us leave our luggage for free if she can’t rent out the place for that night. According to the availability calendar the villa was already rented through the week of July 25). We were not asking to stay there for free, but she tried to put us with no choice but to accept her conditions. She also put the blame on me when she realized that VRBO didn’t charge my credit card and she started sending me nasty and threatening messages.
4) On checkout day, her daughter came with a guy, and lots of attitude. They both checked the house like a crime scene. It was so insulting, very insulting!