|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Great views of Nantucket Sound from most rooms within this brand new Cape Cod house. Three decks and covered porch provide relaxation as you see and smell the sounds of the ocean. A wall of windows provide magnificent views of the sound from the kitchen and dinning room. This three bedroom, 2.5 bath home sleeps 8 with plenty of space for entertaining. The master bedroom and bath is detached from the main house allowing for added privacy. The house sits on a hill with direct access to beach at the bottom of the hill. The rental comes equipped with all of the amenities including Weber gas grill, central air conditioning, high speed WiFi, and washer and dryer.
Amazing location. One house away from the private beach. Immaculate! All the amenities! We always rent private homes for our vacations and this was one of the best locations. Close to town. We will definitely rent again
Jane's home was beautiful, spacious and comfortable. My mother, who is an architect with a hobby in interior design, loved the elegance of her furnishing and decor. The kitchen was well equipped for us to make a lobster dinner, and the porches so lovely for us to eat al fresco while listening to the ocean. The house was very clean, and the many windows filled it with constant sea breezes. We heard the ocean loud and clear from every bedroom at night. We were a 2 minute walk from the beach and a pleasant and easy 30-35 minute walk from a few cute businesses including a wine shop, an ice cream shop, and the public library. A wonderful stay, and we can't wait to stay here again!
1. Owner was very responsive, and gave us lots of info on shopping and eating and anything we asked.
2. House really has the lovely views that you see in the pictures and the house was very clean and brand new.
3. Lots of plates/bowls/glass cups for many people, with a dishwasher too.
4. Not far from ferry to Nantucket or easy ride to the bike path.
1. Layout didn't work for our family, one bedroom is off by itself, without a view, so noone wanted to stay there. So, five of us shared one shower/sink for getting ready. "Annex" as we called it would be good for some families, just not really ours.
2. The house was very bare. No clocks that we noticed, no rugs, no mirror other than for our face, nothing extra in the kitchen, i.e. no spices, no foils/wraps, minimal serving/mixing bowls, we had to buy everything that you could possibly use. There were coffee filters.
3. Biggest bummer to me was the beach, it was as advertised, I just didn't get it. You are on a Nantucket Sound beach, you can only walk a little in both directions, and you constantly have to walk around the jettys. You have to drive to a walking beach.
It really was lovely, I appreciated the cleanliness of everything, it just probably wasn't the ideal house for my family.
We loved this house and location!!! The house is new, immaculate, inviting, and has spectacular views. We walked right down to the beach every day... It was quiet, peaceful, fun for our kids, and overall exactly what we were looking for. We strolled through the neighborhood, rode bikes on the nearby bike trail, hit the Main Street of Chatham many times, got to the go carts and trampolines, and much more. This house was perfect for us- we never even used the detached bedroom. We had all the room we needed in the main part of the house. The kids loved the ping pong table, and I loved the brand new appliances!! The porch was one of our favorite spots as well- we sat and rocked everyday!! It was perfect. We were so pleased with this house and had one of our very best Cape vacations there. We would rent it again. The owner is very friendly and helpful... especially when we locked the keys inside. (Sorry again!) It was our pleasure renting this house.
|Property Damage Protection||£48|