Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
Private, clean, spacious, air conditioned, fully furnished one bedroom garden apt in a beautifully restored workers cottage. Located on a quiet tree lined street in the heart of Bucktown - one of the countries hottest neighborhoods. Easy walk to shopping, exciting nightlife, restaurants/bars, and public transit. Apartment is fully equipped for every need: king sized bed, sectional sofa, kitchenette, workspace, 50' flat screen HDTV, Netflix and premium cable, wifi, Bluetooth compatable surround sound. Complementary snacks, candy, soda, bottled water, coffee, and tea included. Free easy parking! Concierge services also available.
Thank you guests for our 5 star rating in 2015!!!
I'd best describe myself as a responsible professional who enjoys new adventures, hosting friends and family, sports/fitness, and meeting new people. I'm very easy going - rarely getting stressed out or too worked up about anything - lifes too short. I also love Chicago. I take great pride in our city - always happy to share the hot spots, local festivals, tourist locations, vintage shops, restaurants, transportation directions, etc.
Paul Manning purchased this apartment in 2012
1) I'm originally from Boston, MA. The great people of Chicago are what originally attracted me to the city and they're what keeps me here. No other city of 6 million people will make someone feel so welcome. It offers all the convience and trend of a major international destination but yet often feels more like living in a small midwest farm town. It's a special place.
2) Forbes Magazine recently rated Bucktown/Wicker Park as the 4th hipest hipster neighborhood in the country. Chicago's hottest restaurants, nightlife, and shopping is on our doorstep.
3) The house I purchased was built in 1892. It's an historic workers cottage originally home to some of Chicago's hardest working immigrants. As neighborhoods transition these historic homes are disappearing. The opportunity to preserve this piece of Chicago history was something I was most attracted to.
- Easy Parking
- 50' Flat Screen with free premium channels (Netflix)
- Bluetooth compatable speaker system
- Sectional sofa comfortable for sleeping or watching movies, sporting events, etc
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and small cook space
- Desk and free wifi provide for comfortable business travel accommodations.
- Custom guidebook 'Best of Bucktown Inn' for guest reference.
- Apartment fully stocked with complementary snacks, coffee, tea, beer, soda, and bottled water
- Located steps from Chicago's best entertainment, dining destinations, and botique shopping.
We were in Chicago for a few nights to help our son move in to his Wicker Park apt. Paul's home was a perfect spot for us to stay and relax. The apt. Is nicely appointed, and we appreciated the snacks! We love the neighborhood-great shops and restaurants within walking distance. Will certainly stay here again!
One of our best VRBO's yet. You can't beat the location or the hospitality of the owner. This house is just blocks from the shops and restaurants of Wicker Park and a quick uber or bus ride to anywhere else in the city. Paul was the most gracious host and ensured our stay was without flaw. The apartment truly has everything you need for an extended stay in one of the countries greatest cities. We felt like we were a part of the fabric of the city here and the price was unbeatable. I highly recommend this property, you wont be disappointed.
My son and l stayed four nights. The unit was comfortable with all the necessities. The owner (Paul) was nearby if anything was needed. The neighborhood was packed full of great restaurants, shops, and conveniences. We had a great visit to Chicago.
You really can't have a better location if you are looking to feel more like a local. Clean. Everyone raves about the bed... It's all true. Paul was also great! He had awesome recommendations and helped us find some great spots. Would definitely stay here again.
This is a great location for exploring the city.
If you have a car, there is free parking, so you always have that option for getting into the city if you need to. Otherwise, it's about a 10min walk to the Blue Line Rail, so you can get around pretty quickly.
The downtown area seems to close down pretty early (~8pm at a lot of places), but this is outside of it where there are a lot of good restaurants/venues open a bit later that you can check out.
Paul was very accommodating, had plenty of maps/brochures laid out, and gave a list of good restaurants nearby, including best times to visit. Also had some snacks/drinks available to make it a bit easier.
Free wifi available, and that made it easy to plan for the day's agenda without worrying about your phone's data usage.
Great place, thanks Paul!
Paul's basement apartment is very comfortable, well laid out. Soft towels, nice sheets on a very soft mattress.
The unit is very clean. You can walk easily to many great casual restaraunts. Our favorite was Piece pizza sunday deal of a large pizza and a growler of their great beer for $30.
Paul was very responsive to our one complaint. We would stay again.
Wicker Park/Bucktown was recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the fourth “Hippest Hipster Neighborhoods” in the country. It is a safe, vibrant area full of record shops, boutiques, great vintage shopping, art galleries, music venues, neighborhood bars, and book stores. You can find the best restaurants in the city here. It also has many attractive outdoor spaces, including Wicker Park, Holstein Park (with swimming pool), and the brand new Bloomingdale Trail.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£79|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.