Dreaming of a tranquil riverside retreat? If so, Scottsville, Virginia (20 minutes from Charlottesville) is the perfect destination for you! With incredible natural beauty, peaceful rivers and rolling mountains, combined with a plethora of exciting outdoor activities and historic sites, you'll find that Scottsville offers a little something for every interest and taste. And while you stay in this incredible 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom cottage that sleeps 4, you'll be perfectly poised to see it all!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Living Room: Queen Pullout Couch
Welcome to "Snowdonia on the James," a charming Scottsville vacation rental cottage peacefully set on a bluff in the Horseshoe Bend along the James River.
With 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and enough room to comfortably accommodate 4 guests, this cottage is the ultimate setting for a romantic getaway or relaxing family vacation. All the necessary comforts of home are here, including wireless internet access, in-unit laundry machines, air conditioning, and a jetted bathtub, perfect for unwinding after a memorable day exploring the area.
Spend your mornings indulging in a hot cup of coffee and delicious breakfast as you admire the magnificent wooded riverfront views outside. The cozy living room will serve as the ideal place to relax during cool evenings, where you can lounge on the comfortable furniture and watch your favorite TV show, read a good book, or simply enjoy the company of your guests.
The kitchen comes fully equipped with all the tools and appliances needed to prepare delicious home-cooked delicacies, so you won't have to worry about dining out for every meal. On warm evenings, you'll love spending time outside on the wraparound deck, which has a terrific covered section with nice patio furniture.
Use the charcoal grill to whip up some tasty barbecue, then walk over to the property's beautiful gazebo and take in the magical sunset. At the end of the night, retreat to the lovely bedroom to rest up for another eventful day in Virginia!
Traveling with more than 4? Reach out for availability of the vacation rental property next door (Evolve listing 415653)!
-- THE LOCATION --
Without a doubt, this delightful cottage will let you and your guests truly experience the Scottsville area to the fullest. You'll be within 2 miles of Scottsville's quaint downtown area, where you can enjoy great restaurants, eclectic shops, local wineries and breweries, enticing festivals, and historic sites.
Charlottesville is only 20 minutes away from the cottage, offering live music, fine dining, the gorgeous University of Virginia campus, and Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. While you're visiting, definitely take advantage of all the year-round outdoor activities this area has to offer!
During the summer months, spend the day on the river tubing, boating, canoeing, or fishing. In the winter, make sure to bring your skiing and snowboarding gear, as the cottage is just 30 miles away from Wintergreen Ski Resort.
Regardless of how you choose to spend your time here, this quiet Scottsville vacation rental cottage will quickly become a place you'll want to return to year after year!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, ADA compliant, cable TV, free WiFi, jetted bathtub, charcoal grill, in-unit laundry machines, and much more
- Admire enchanting riverfront and wooded views from the property's beautiful gazebo
- If you're traveling with more than 4 guests, check the availability of the additional vacation rental on the property (Evolve listing #415653) Please inquire with Evolve about renting both properties together
- Phenomenal Scottsville location - 20 minutes from Charlottesville, close to shopping, restaurants, historic sites, river activities, and Wintergreen Ski Resort
- Closest Commercial Airport: Richmond International Airport - 1 Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr, Richmond, VA 23250 , ( ~ 79 Miles Away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in