Nestled in the quaint little town of Highland, MN, The Hen House Retreat is available for your next getaway. A newly restored 1920's era house has been updated with today's modern conveniences while keeping the charm of the old country. You can experience the days of old as Amish buggies travel by right outside your window. We are nestled right between The First Lutheran Church of Highland established in 1858 and the original Highland Store established in 1894 which was most recently known as The Highland Store Cafe (currently not in operation). Just 12 miles outside of Lanesboro, MN you can enjoy time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life while relaxing or being creative in this quiet country home.
We are here for all of your retreat needs. Whether you are quilting, scrapping, crafting, knitting, biking, having a book club meeting or just looking for quiet time away from it all, contact us for all of your getaway needs.
We offer overnight lodging accommodations that include comfortable beds, linens and towels, a fully equipped kitchen and plenty of room to work on your unfinished projects.
Our home is your home whether you want a weekend stay or week-long retreat. We have worked hard to restore much of the old time charm of this house while making updates to make your stay comfortable. We can house up to 6 guests.
* We have 3 bedrooms, each with two twin beds located on the upper floor of this two-story house.
* Each bedroom has an Eden-pure heater, an air conditioner and a fan to provide the extra comfort you desire in your bedroom.
* We have 2 bathrooms; one on each floor for your convenience. The upstairs bathroom has tub and shower facilities.
* If you need a break and want to relax a bit, each bedroom has a TV and DVD player for your use. There are a selection of DVD movies available in each room.
* The main floor also has a bookcase filled with books, magazines, puzzles, games and quilting and scrapbooking resources for you to use.
Outside you can enjoy the birds singing in our century old pine trees on our property. We have provided 2 wooden rocking chairs and a chaise lounge for you to relax on our 'farmhouse style' front porch. We also provide a fire pit and a small supply of wood if you would like to cozy up to a fire in the evenings.
The Creativity Room is located on the main floor with easy access from the front door and parking. Each guest has their own 5 or 6 foot table and adjustable/swivel office chair with arm rests, personal trash container and cup holder. Each table has it's own OttLite for additional lighting if needed. Lighting is very important for crafters of any kind; so we have made sure there is plenty of natural and artificial light available for your needs. Surge protectors are provided at each table.
* Air conditioned for your summer comfort.
* Computer with Microsoft Office and Internet
* Wide Format Color Printer & paper
* Wireless Access for your own laptops or wireless devices
* 1 iron and 2 ironing boards are available for your use
* Additional board for ironing larger projects (16' x 48')
* PVC legs to raise one of the tables to make cutting easier
* Hooks in Creativity Room used to hang felt (provided) to piece quilts together
* Quilting books and magazines
*Cricut Cartridges: A Child's Year, All Mixed Up, Dude!, Everyday Paper Dolls, Graphically Speaking, Home Décor, Locker Talk, My Community, Paper Doll Dress Up, Platin School Book, Shapes, Storybook, Wild Card
* 9' Xyron
* Miscellaneous scrapbooking supplies
* Scrapbooking idea books and magazines