Homestead Modern No. 1 features two separate structures at different prices...
1) — One-bedroom, one-bath home with a full kitchen, living and dining area (for the price you see listed).
2) — A separate one-bedroom, one-bath detached casita (••additional $90/night + $55 flat cleaning fee••).
Both of these units also offer private outdoor showers as well as indoor showers. Each bedroom has a California king bed. Both structures are steel framed and have lots of glass.
DirecTV is available in both the house and casita. WiFi is accessible everywhere.
• ACCESS TO THE CASITA
If you need the second bed you should inquire to book the casita as well as the house. The cost is an additional $90/night plus tax and $55 flat cleaning fee.
The casita cannot be rented by itself. Also -- the casita will never be rented to another party when you have rented the house.
•••• FEATURES ••••
- Short walk to popular music and food venue Pappy & Harriet's
- Private outdoor showers (in addition to indoor showers)
- Jacuzzi-brand hot tub
- Galvanized “cowboy” tub for cool dips during warm weather
- Generous outdoor seating and lounging areas
- Fully stocked kitchen including stainless steel appliances, All-Clad cookware and prep tools
- DirecTV service in living room and casita
- Wi-fi service in house and casita
- 60' LED flat-screen TV, BluRay DVD/CD player and sound bar/ powered subwoofer in the main house
- 46” LED flat-screen TV and sound bar in the casita
- Built-in high-end gas barbecue
- Gas fire pit
- Private rear patio at the house features seating and an area suitable for outdoor massage
- Horseshoe court
- Two California king beds
- Two-car carport
- Electric car charger
• WEBSITE - A comprehensive website for the property can be found by visiting www-HomesteadModernRentals-com
• DOG FEE - Dogs may be allowed but the renter must first contact the owner for discussion. There is a flat $50 per dog fee. Please review these guidelines as well: www.HomesteadModernRentals-com/dogs
• WEDDINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS - The property was developed with special events – such as weddings – in mind. There is an ideal location adjacent to the main patio for ceremonies and that patio can accommodate up to 50 people for a sit-down dinner. The carport was planned so that catering operations can be carried out in that location – well away from guests. Additionally the property can accommodate up to 20 cars at a time. For details about event prices visit www"HomesteadModernRentals"com/events
• PHOTOSHOOTS - If you're interested in having a photoshoot at Homestead Modern No. 1 please review the photo shoots guidelines by visiting www-HomesteadModernRentals-com/photoshoots
• RV HOOKUP - There is an RV utility hook up area on the property that includes electric, water and sewage. Arrangements must be made ahead of time if you wish to use these facilities.
• FRESH JUICE DELIVERY - We are now offering fresh pressed juice delivery at Homestead Modern No. 1. Guests are able to be have fresh juices delivered to their door daily (or in the fridge when they arrive!) by local Joshua Tree juice guru Angela de la Agua. Menus and pricing for this service will be emailed upon request.
• STAR TOUR - If you would like a better view of the night sky there is a company called Coyote Telescope that offers a “Star Tour” that uses the fantastic Celestron CPC Deluxe 1100 HD computerized telescope. Visit www"coyotetelescope"com for more information.
• PAPPY & HARRIET'S
If you plan to have dinner at Pappy & Harriet's, we strongly recommend making an advance reservation.
• SOCIAL MEDIA
If you plan on sharing your experience on social media, please tag us! @HomesteadModern on lnstagram and /homesteadmodern1 on ƒacebook. You can also “check-in" to “Homestead Modern No. 1" on both platforms.
• ROCK REACH HOUSE - If the dates you want are booked at Homestead Modern No. 1 we invite you to look at our popular Dwell published Rock Reach House nearby. http://www"vrbo"com/304547
• HOUSE RULES
[1.] The number of people who may be at the property at any one time is the same number of renters stated on the reservation confirmation. In other words – no non-renting guests are permitted. If you would like to invite guests over for drinks or dinner you must receive permission ahead of time from the owner. The number of cars you may have on the property is the same as the number of beds you are renting.
We have three methods for enforcing these rules:
1. Your honesty and respect for our rules
2. Our security cameras
3. Our neighbor the house caretaker
[2.] The lease begins at 3 p.m. on the check-in date and ends at 11 a.m. on the check-out date (unless other times are approved in writing by the owner).
[3.] Dogs may be allowed but the renter must first contact the owner for a discussion. We understand that many people do not want to leave their dogs behind when they go on vacation. We are open to having dogs stay at Homestead Modern No. 1 so long as their owners are sensitive to and understand some basic issues. There is a flat $50 per dog fee to cover excess cleaning.
-Inside the House-
Unlike a hotel with many “units” we have only one "unit" we can rent at any one time. If that unit is damaged or soiled we are unable to rent the unit to the next guests until repairs or cleaning can be completed. And often we have back-to-back guests – one group checking out by 11 am and another group checking in by 3 pm the same day – thus no time in which to complete anything other than standard cleaning.
Using their own sheets or other protective coverings, dog owners should always cover any place where their dog may elect to lie down (other than the bare concrete floors). We are not equipped to shampoo furniture or rugs or dry clean bedding when fast turnarounds are so common.
-Outside the House-
Dog owners should immediately pick up after their dogs and deposit the waste in a plastic bag that is placed in a trash bin in the utility yard.
Finally dog owners should understand that we will not hesitate to deduct as needed from their house deposit if they fail to report a dog or to cover any damage or repairs necessitated by the presence of their dog.
[4.] An illegal or abusive use of Homestead Modern No. 1’s Internet access is not allowed. Please review the full details on page 25 of the PDF at www"HomesteadModernRentals"com/pdf
[5.] No photo shoots allowed without written permission from the owner. If you're interested in having a photo shoot please review the photo shoots guidelines by visiting www"HomesteadModernRentals"com/photoshoots
[6.] Special events such as weddings and parties are not permitted without written permission from the owner. For details about event prices visit www"HomesteadModernRentals"com/events
[7.] The guest shall allow the owner (or his designee) access to the property for purposes of repairs and inspection if required. The owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
[8.] If for any reason beyond the control of the owner the house is unavailable the owner may cancel the rental agreement and a full refund of all fees paid will be made to the guest.
[9.] Smoking is not allowed inside the house or within 15 feet of any open door.
[10.] The owner may withhold all or part of the deposit if any of the house rules are broken. Cause for withholding deposit funds include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Damage to the premises or contents
• Missing items requiring replacement (including keys)
• Excessive cleaning required
• Lingering smell of tobacco smoke
• Charges for mailing personal items left behind
• Evidence of more persons using the property than were authorized
• Evidence of a dog that wasn't authorized
• Unauthorized late check-out