|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This is a 4 bedroom French colonial home in a beautiful neighborhood on a quiet cul-de-sac. It is situated on a large piece of property with lots of shade trees and a lot of privacy. It has a pool and sun room which are ideal for summer relaxation or a family with children. There is a large eat in kitchen and a comfortable family room. There is also a spacious finished basement.T his house can accommodate eight guests. There is also a two car garage.
My house has four spacious bedrooms, finished basement, pool and is minutes to the track, downtown and Interstate 87.
Saratoga Springs offers a wide range of activities for visitors including the race track, Racino and Saratoga Performing Art Center in addition to it's vibrant downtown. Our home is about 10 minutes to the downtown area and track, and also 10 minutes from the Wilton Mall and other nearby shopping areas.
Special dates at the Saratoga Race Track include:
Opening Day- July 24th
Travers Day- July 29th
Hats off Music Festival- TBD
Final Stretch Music Festival Weekend- September 5th and 6th LAST DAYS THE TRACK IS OPEN
nice owners, very accommodating, well kept home, have rented for two years now.
House is perfect for a group of 10, plenty of sleeping room. Pool is great with lounge chairs!! Perfect location for downtown and the race track!
This house was exactly what you could want in a long weekend house. Great pool, kitchen, grill and bedrooms for a large group. Close to town but far enough away for a quiet day. The owners were so helpful and would be there in an instant if needed. Overall this was a great experience for my group and hope to go back again next year!
This property was absolutely perfect. Our group traveled to Saratoga for a bachelor party weekend and we could not be happier with this property. Maria, the owner, and her son greeted us as we pulled up. We were a little late due to traffic and Maria was very accommodating. She gave us a full tour of her home and set out some very reasonable ground rules. The property itself is beautiful and made for an amazing weekend. We had 10 grown men staying at the property and there was more than enough room for all of us to sleep comfortably (with some air mattresses, of course). We spent most of our time outside on the patio or by the pool (which has a diving board!). One of the best features of the house was the kitchen and the grill outside. We were able to save a lot of money on dinners by cooking for ourselves and the kitchen provided more than enough space to be able to cook for 10 people. The house also has a huge finished basement with a ping pong table, small fitness area, foosball table, poker table, as well as a futon and couch to sleep on. Saratoga was a beautiful place and this property was secluded enough that we were able to enjoy ourselves without having to worry about the neighbors, yet central enough to the track and downtown Saratoga (it is basically a 5 minute car ride). Overall we could not have asked for a better house to stay in for the weekend. The owner was great, the house was amazing, and if I ever go back to Saratoga (which I plan on doing), I know where I’m going to stay.
We recently traveled to Saratoga Springs for a wedding and were looking to rent a home with a pool that could accommodate three couples (one with a toddler and a babysitter) and that was close to the downtown area. This was one of very few larger homes that met both pool and location specifications and we found it appropriately advertised in those three regards. In particular, we spent a lot of time poolside and it is by far the best feature of this home - we LOVED the pool.
In addition, we really appreciated how accommodating Maria Peters was in allowing us to check in a few hours early (12pm instead of 3pm) so that our daughter could nap in the house instead of in our car en route to Saratoga.
At the same time, there are a handful of things that I wish I had known about the property in advance, many of which I think should have been disclosed in the listing:
1) LR and DR are off-limits to renters. I found it bizarre, inconvenient, and misleading to pay for a whole house and then be told on-site not to use certain rooms. (Trying to keep our toddler out of those door-less rooms required much energy.)
2) Few shades in BRs. Two out of the four (incl.the master) have none, and one BR only has one. For us, who needed the master in order to accommodate a pack 'n play, this meant that our daughter had to nap in broad daylight (which did not go over well) and that those of us in rooms with no or partial shades were up with the sun (approx. 5am). If I had known about this from the listing, I may have chosen another property.
3) Only bath towels (i.e. not also pool towels) are included. The listing just says towels so we had assumed that since there was a pool, those towels were included as well. Using a chlorinated pool towel also to clean up after a shower was not ideal. Bring your own pool towels!
4) Pre-departure walk-throughs are mandatory - though not advertised. It worked out ok for us to coordinate our schedules on the final morning but I think it's important others know about this in advance.
5) We were only given one set of keys to share among three couples and a babysitter.
In sum, if you are looking for a home with a pool and don't mind the items above, plus the fact that the home is a bit outdated, this is a very nice rental and Maria is easy to work with. However, we paid $800/night and ended up feeling like it was WAY TOO MUCH for this home. If we had paid less, though, we may have felt differently.
Our home is located within 10 minutes from downtown Saratoga, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, the Saratoga Race Track, Saratoga Casino and Raceway, Saratoga Lake, the state park, and several golf courses. It is also located within an hour drive to many attractions including hiking, mountaineering, both indoor and outdoor rock climbing, rafting, tubing, white water rafting, and ice-climbing in the winter. Lake George is within an hour drive where visitors can sail or do paragliding on the lake, or visit the downtown or several theme parks. It is also within an hour of several different mountains that offer skiing.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£394|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.