|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This Newly Remodeled Architect's Apartment is quiet and sunny with 2 bedrooms and sleeps 4. It's the perfect base for winter skiing and summer activities. Only 5 minutes by foot to the village center, train/bus, grocery store, bank, and the famous 5 star Alpenblick Restaurant. Hop on the train and ski or hike in 30 minutes!
We're centrally located in the charming Swiss village of Wilderswil with great alpine views of the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. Only 3 km to Interlaken and 30 minutes by train or car to the famous ski resorts: Grindelwald, Wengen and Murren, 15 minutes to the spectacular Lauterbrunnen Valley. We're situated at the base of the alps and nestled in a rural area between open farm land, pastures and the famous Ruin Unspunnen. Great hiking and mountain biking trails in our backyard. 10 minutes by bike to Interlaken and our beautiful lakes.
The apartment has a fully equipped modern kitchen with all new appliances plus Nespresso Coffee machine. Sleeps 4 Adults or 2 Adults + 2 children with 2 queen beds. A modern bathroom w/shower and washing machine/dryer, a spacious living area with large comfortable sofa, flatscreenTV/DVD, surround sound and free Wireless Internet.
It offers all comfort with an open terrace and bbq. Only a 5 minute walk to the train/bus station and shopping.
Utility charges, bed linens, bath and kitchen towels are included in the price. 1 parking space.
Keywords: Newly Remodeled, 2 Bedroom, Ski Holiday Apt, Alpine Views, near great skiing in Wengen - Grindelwald - Murren. Located 3 km from Interlaken, sleeps 4
Hello, we are Denise and Thomas Ammann. Thomas was born and raised in central Switzerland and has lived in Interlaken since 1982. He started his own architecture firm - Forum 4 with his 3 partners and also keeps busy with his own (members only) jazz club - Mind 15. I am a native Californian, living here since 2004 and enjoy the Swiss lifestyle and some of the most beautiful nature and hiking in the world. Ask about my Guided hiking and biking tours.
The Owner purchased this apartment in 2010
My husband and I spent a month at this apartment. We thought the location was perfect for a month of exploring the country via train, bus and boat. The unit is located in a building with 4 or more other units approx 10 minutes walk to the train station. If you bring lots of luggage you could find the walk an issue. There are steps down from the street to the building and up to the apt inside. The building felt very secure. We thought the amenities provided and well stocked kitchen were nice. The wifi has a reasonable signal and their is satellite tv. There is a smaller Migros and another market locally. We preferred taking the bus or train to W Interlakken and going to the much larger Migros and Denner supermarket for the majority of our groceries. If you are going to be in the country for a while consider getting the Swiss Pass or a regional travel pass. The owner provides a local Interlakken travel card for free. Switzerland is expensive for food and travel so be prepared!
We would definitely come back and stay again in the future. We travel full time and stay in apts around the world. We did not have a car and found this to be a good thing in Switzerland as the public transportation is excellent. This is a special place and is more expensive than most we have been to. The location is great for many trips around the country!
Here is some feedback on other people's comments:
1. We coordinated with Denise (owner) to pay via pay pal for our large final payment when we had issues with swiss franc conversion charges. She was accommodating.
2. We understand about the request to take showers if possible between 7am and 10 pm as you can hear the water running from other apts when showering. We didn't find this an issue.
3. The apt is well done and they have special flooring that discolors when water sits on it. The owners kindly ask that you try to keep the water in the shower stall and simply wipe up the floor if it splashes. We used the provided floor mat and it wasn't as issue.
4. The manager was not as pleasant as the owner but oh well.... it is what it is....
5. The stove and washer/dryer unit are different than what most Americans are used to. Just ask for a quick run through with the manager and then refer to the welcome book for more details.
6. Be advised there are minimal starter items so if you are staying longer than a few days be sure to bring your personal care things as everything is expensive in Switzerland.
We've stayed at other rentals in Europe (incl. Switzerland). This rental was average (well-furnished, furniture/appliances/kitchen items are well-used but clean). Nice, short walk to the station with great views but not worth the hassle we endured with the property manager (different from owner).
1) Good communication with owner, she replies in a few days.
2) Payment must be in cash (CHF) only (communicated months after booking) and DEMANDED immediately after we arrived. Receipt was provided only when we asked for it, but with the comment "I hope you trust me".
3) Inquired about late check-in prior to booking and did not hear of concerns. However, manager noted her displeasure upon our arrival.
4) We were directed to read a binder of instructions when we asked to be showed around the rental to be clear on how everything worked. When we insisted the manager at least show us how the appliances work, we received a half-hazard explanation along with the complaint "You didn't read the instructions sent to you". The instructions on appliances were never sent to us and frankly, we were not expecting to have to read a binder or appliance manuals on vacation. When we did refer to the binder, we were frustrated to find no manual for the microwave nor any info on unlocking the induction stove.
5) Three months after booking, we received a rather long list of Do's and Don'ts. The tone and expectations of the list may not be everyone's liking so I suggest sharing this information before booking the rental to ensure potential guests clearly understand the expectations. Here are some items that the property manager emphasized to us upon arrival:
A) Out of respect for building neighbors, it is preferred you shower after 7 am and before 10 pm. It was pointed out to us that the hot water only runs out if you use too much (?) and that you are expected to shower inside the shower-stall, not outside (!!!).
B) You must wash, dry and replace all the kitchen items you use prior to checkout. We were told this is because the cleaning charges (CHF 90) only cover laundering of linens. At other rentals, we load the dishwasher out of courtesy, not as a requirement.
C) A combined washer and dryer is listed but we were suggested not to use the dryer feature because it takes too long and we should hang our clothes outside instead. It rained most days of our trip so this didn't make sense.
Needless to say, we would not stay here again.
The apartment is situated not far from Interlaken, within walking distance of the Wilderswil train station and two supermarkets. The apartment is spacious, with an open living room and kitchen floor plan, two nice bedrooms and a modern, well appointed bathroom. The kitchen has everything you need, and the washer/dryer is modern and works well. All of the furniture feels new, the beds are comfortable, nothing feels old or worn out. The garage is a plus.The view of the Jungfrau from the balcony is breathtaking. Overall I would not hesitate to recommend the apartment - it is simply fabulous. We will stay here again if we ever return to the Interlaken region.
We have travelled & rented gites & apts in Europe, this one is our hands down favorite. Spacious, spotless, quiet & contemporary....less than 10 min walk to train station, 5 min free train ride into Interlaken, boat tours next to Interlaken train station. Train from Wilderswil will transport you to mountains or into Switzerland. We arrived by car, garage to store it in, rarely used it since transportation by rail/bus so easy.
Kitchen is open to living area with induction cook top & convection stove/oven. Enough pots, pans, utensils, coffee filters and an array of spices (rarely found in rentals) for vacation cooking. Bathroom has great "American" full size shower, newer washing machine, lots of storage space throughout apt to minimize clutter. Bed was very comfortable...firm/not hard mattress.
We spent a week in the apt, Connie, prop Mgr was prompt, easy to reach with questions, we barely touched all the places to visit.....Oberhofen Castle on Lake Thun with beautiful gardens, park area outside on lake. Live music by a young Flutist an extra treat during our tour of the castle. Boat ride on Lake Brienz gave us a different perspective of countryside and of course, train into mountains a must!
Apt is located just outside Wilderswil and is a mixture of homes, apts & rural pastures with cows & lambs. Had the unexpected pleasure of watching the cows being herded , complete with bells on (traffic stopped in town) through small roads behind apts.
Lovely spacious apartment, with everything you could need provided. View of the Jungfrau from corner of balcony. Wi-fi free and worked perfectly. Less than 10 minute level walk to the station.
Would highly recommend.
We enjoyed this spacious rental in Wilderswil. It has everything you could possibly need. The beds are comfortable and the apartment is decorated nicely. Key exchange was easy. I would recommend!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Full Refund less CHF 50.00 with 3 week cancellation notice.
30% deposit in advance. Balance plus bank and conversion fees due upon arrival.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Paragliding, Skydiving, Electro Bike Tours, Quad Touring