'Hillside Village' Walk-up garden apt Rio Grande PR near Rio Mar hotel, El Yunque, beaches, etc. # Mar D 102. Equipped and furnished, 3 bdrms, 2 baths, sea view 24/7 security, 2 pk, pool, tennis & more. Road # 968 km 1.8, Rio Mar Blvd 00745. The apartment offers all the comforts and conveniences of a home, full kitchen, washer & dryer etc with the added attractions of a resort, small garden and awning covered terrace with BBQ, pool, tennis court and other amenities in common areas, near Puerto Rico's best hotels, beaches, golf and tourist attractions. Cable TV, wifi and two tv units, 5 air conditioning units. 2 designated parking spaces, swimming pool at the condo and more.
- Apartment1200 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs0
- Min. Stay2 nights
3 bedroom, 2 bath resort feel with all the conveniences of a full home
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- 13 Sep 2018
About Jeannette Rizek
I am happy to be able to provide enjoyable, comfortable and reasonably priced accommodations in my property. I like meeting new people and providing them a place to stay for vacation or while visiting friends and family. I think Puerto Rico is a great vacation destination and I like being helpful to my guests in any way I can.
Jeannette Rizek purchased this Apartment in 2004
Why Jeannette Rizek chose Rio Grande
I had good friends in the neighborhood, which is not far from San Juan, and found the area so attractive with the beaches, rain forest and other natural beauties. It is surrounded by hotels, restaurants, a variety of beaches and more.
What makes this Apartment unique
The project is good looking, secure, well maintained, accessible to many nearby attractions and beaches, and it is spacious both inside the apartments and in common areas.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
Nice condo and a very good value
This condo was a great value for a large group. We were party of 9, 5 adults and 4 kids, and there was plenty of room and beds for everyone. Jeanette answered all of my questions and provided very clear instructions for checking in and out of the property. She also provided lots of information about the area. The condo was very clean and nicely decorated. The pictures are very accurate. It was very well stocked with towels, linens, washer and dryer, and even some bathroom toiletries. The kitchen had lots of utensils and condiments, but the microwave and fridge could use an upgrade. There’s AC in every room and plenty of hot water for showers. There’s even a phone land line but no one in our group had issues with our cell phones. All beds were comfortable, and the bunk beds were a hit with the kids. The subdivision itself is very safe, with gated entry and onsite security guard. The pool was nice and clean and there’s also a gym, tennis court and playground. The location of this condo is perfect for day trips to Vieques and Culebra, Fajardo and Luquillo Beach. Also a short drive to San Juan. We were also provided with a “beeper” and instructions for access to Rio Mar but ran out of time before we could attempt to use it. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and wished we had stay longer in order to enjoy everything this property and this area had to offer.
I am very thankful for your fair and honest review and appreciate your suggestion for upgrade, we are working on needed improvements already.
You were a very cooperative and reasonable guest and I would welcome you back anytime.
I love to hear renters have a good time and feel comfortable and at ease at the property.
The apartment clean, comfortable, the rooms are large. In the patio we cook on the BBQ burger and ribs, the pool is large, the beach 1 minute and the security 24 hours. I recommend the place, I hope to return soon! For children it is the best place to visit
Thanks Hector! I am so glad you had a good time and will be happy to welcome you back anytime.
Don’t be fooled by the pictures you see. This apt was nothing like what us was in the website.
The property was dirty, the patio dirty. The curtain above the patio table did not open. The table full of cigarette butt. The kitchen dirty and cabinets broken. Bathrooms dirty as well. But since we stayed Homeaway determined it was livable. First and last time in this site. Homeaway should post current pictures and oblige owners to guarantee expectation. Given by the owner.
Well furnished apartment. We were a group of 10 and fit perfectlly.
Nice patio to sit at night and have a pleasant bbq. Nice pool. Well furnished!
Thanks for your review, Gilda.
Great location. Great for four adults and four kids. Walking distance to ocean. Safe.
Beautiful beach. The resort is well maintained. The pools are very nice. Our condo was very comfortable, but the kitchen could use a little updating. Jeanette was quite prompt with addressing our concerns. I would stay here again. Great value for the price.
Our family always has a great time at Hillside Village. Location is amazing! Great beaches, restaurants and love the proximity to the rainforest. We were a large group and decided last minute to rent a second condo. Jeannette was amazing and took care of all our guests needs. The apartment was clean and well equipped. We really enjoyed our family dinners outside on the patio. Thank you again Jeanette for assisting us on such short notice and also finding the time to book several excursions for us. We definitely would recommend staying at Hillside Village!
Thank you very much for your review.
• Wyndham Rio Mar hotel resort – less than a mile away, beach, golf, restaurants, etc
• St Regis Bahia nearby hotel at Rio Grande
• Grand Melia Hotel – Rio Grande
• Coco Beach Trump Golf Course & hotel – Rio Grande
* El Conquistador Hotel & Resort - Fajardo Puerto Rico (12 minutes away)
• El Yunque Rain Forest – Tropical Rain forest with waterfalls, walking trails, rivers, zipline (787)3701010, etc
• Hacienda Carabali – about 1.2 miles away if you take Road #3 east bound at your right very near if you take #3 east, horseback riding, restarurant, etc
• In the Fajardo Ferry Terminal you can take a Ferry to Culebra and Vieques islands, (world renowed beaches) and there is an airport in Fajardo also that can take you to the islands 787-860-2005; ext. 234 To get there take Road #3 east direction around 18 miles until you reach a traffic light with Plaza Fajardo on your right (Pueblo supermarket, Walgreesn Pharmacy and Walmart store). At this junction make a left turn onto road 194 or Avenida Valero and continue for about 3 miles until av Osvaldo Valero and take it left for 650 meters and right on carretera Cabezas de San Juan for 120 meters, left onto calle Union and you should reach the dock.
• Fajardo Luminescent Bay – Bio Bay Kayak and boat excursions – Luminescent Bay night excursions 987 Carr Cabezas Fajardo, PR, United States (787) 435-1665 (Las Croabas, Fajardo) – There are several excursion carriers with a variety of kayak/boat alternatives usually leaving on tours at around 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm onto a beautiful luminescent water bay, a one of a kind experience
• Luquillo Kiosks – around 2 miles away on road #3 east bound, local food, fried fish and other typical puertorrican fritters at affordable prices
* Lluvia - Excellent for breakfast and sandwiches at road PR 955 Rio Grande (a bit expensive but very nice and good food)
• Restaurant Terraza Montemar – Road 968 km 2.2 Las Coles very near the apartment, typical local puertorrican food (787)8874303, not cheap but good mofongo
• Richie’s Café (nearby Restaurant) – Road 968 km 2.0 very near the apartment, great views & live music on selected nights
• Don Pepe Restaurant – On Road #3 km 29 Marginal Palmer very near the traffic light of roads 968 & 3 to your right on #3 if you are bound to San Juan (787)8887373
• Pizza Hut delivery Pizza Road #3 km 23.5 (787)887-8110
• Lolitas Mexican restaurant – on Road #3 km 41.3 Fajardo (east from the apartment, aound 7 miles away), affordable mexican food, live music on Fridays (787)8890250
• Pasion por el Fogon restaurant in Fajardo Road 987 Km 2.0 Bo Sardinera, Fajardo, PR (787)863-3502, expensive but worth every penny, “Meson Gastronomico” meaning it is nationally recognized
• Walmart supercenters are one in Canovanas Road #3 km 17.8 and on Fajardo, same Road #3
• Amigo supermarket (Mon-Sat: 7am – 9 pm Sun 11-7pm) and Walgreens pharmacy are on Road #3 at km 28.0 Rio Grande and there is another Amigo at Luquillo.
• The Outlet Shopping Mall at Canovanas Road #3 km 17.8 has a variety of stores and a food court
• Nearby Rio Grande shopping Mall at Road #3 km 24.5 has a Ralph’s Supermarket, TJ Maxx, Sears, Wendy’s and other stores