Come and sample the best of the Catskill Mountains with a London twist. Sarah and Sam have brought a hint of their hometown over the pond to this beautiful Victorian house 2.5 hours from New York City.
Arrive to bedrooms made up with Egyptian cotton linens from the White Company London, with towels to match (bath, hand and face towels provided for every guest). Enjoy bathrooms with complimentary, locally made soaps, shampoos and conditioners. When you’re hungry, hang out and cook in the large, well-equipped kitchen, complete with professional gas-fired stove.
The house is situated in the charming hamlet of Halcottsville, near Roxbury (an ideal base for weddings at the nearby Roxbury Barn and Stone Tavern). There is a large garden with a stream that kids love to play in and outdoor dining adjacent, creating a tranquil spot for a meal, perhaps from the bbq, or just relaxing with a cocktail.
There are lots of daytime activities to enjoy all year round (see the list below). In the evening, make use of the countless board games or settle down for a movie with the latest Samsung HD Smart TV and Blueray DVD player. The kitchen is equipped with a four-speaker sound system with iPod connection and wireless internet is provided.
When you arrive, you'll receive a welcome pack that includes locally-made bread, butter and milk as well as a new dish cloth, sponge and detergent for the dishwasher and washing machine. We also provide locally-made hand soap, body wash and bubble bath plus a bottle of shampoo and conditioner which you are welcome to take home with you at the end of your stay. PG Tips tea from England and enough coffee to get your trip started also await.
YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- The area is known for antique-hunting with charming stores in nearby Margarettville and Andes
- For an indoor workout or swim, why not pay a visit to the brand new nearby sports centre, complete with large indoor pool and modern gym
- Explore the local galleries and museums
- Dine out at one of the many restaurants in the region taking advantage of farm-fresh, local produce
- Kayak and canoe rentals are available a short stroll away on Lake Wawaka.
- Golf. There are three excellent golf courses within fifteen minutes drive
- Hiking. There are almost limitless trails to choose from out of the hundreds of miles of Catskill hiking trails
- Biking. The Catskills is a cyclist’s dream. There are endless miles of stunning country roads with you will feel safe with virtually no traffic. For off-road, try the nearby Catskill Scenic Trail or, for the more adventurous, Plattekill Mountain resort (bike rentals available)
- Fishing. The nearby Beverkill river is a legendary fly-fishing spot or you can just walk down to Lake Wawaka
- Swimming. Walk to the local swim hole or visit the beautiful outdoor pool in nearby Andes
- Take a ride on the scenic Delaware and Ulster vintage railroad
- Buy fresh, organic local produce from the nearby Pakatakan Farmer’s market and the local farm stands
- The London House is the perfect location for a ski break. Plattekill and Belleayre resorts are less than half an hour away and Windham and Hunter under an hour
- Enjoy a snow walk (snow shoes provided) by just stepping out of the front door and exploring the beautiful Lake Wawaka