House, 3 or 4 Bedrooms + Convertible sofa-bed(s), 2-3 Baths, (Sleeps 6-9)
- English, Russian
We're two clinical psychologists trained in Russia. One of us is already retired, the other one is getting close.
Natasha purchased this House in 2010
Why Natasha chose Centerville
We bought this house because we love Cape Cod and it is relatively close to Boston. We spent more then two years doing renovations, landscaping and other improvements. And at the end, all the hard work and investments paid off: most of our guests exclaim: 'Wow'' upon entering the house, and most of them come again and again.
What makes this House unique
It is one minute walk to the public sandy lake beach with lifeguards. Your children will be very safe at the lake. Your friends can come for a visit, park their cars in our driveway and walk to the beach. There is also famous Craigville Beach 3 mile down the road. For your convenience we provide a parking pass for all Barnstable beaches. Usually Craigville Beach parking cost $15 ($20 on weekends) for a day. Great shopping malls, number of very good restaurants nearby.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Fantastic home and location!
Beautiful home! Plenty of room! Wonderful lake and beautiful beach to enjoy with my 3 grandsons 5 and under. Deck served as a playpen for the boys and my dog. Natasha was very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend this location with 5 stars.
Thank you very much for you kind words. You are always welcome. Good luck with your reconstruction.
Mark and Natasha
Lake house in Centerville
The location was great. We feel the house could have been better maintained. Exterior landscaping was unkempt. White trim was peeling. Exterior needed to be powere washed. A/c in downstairs bedroom not working. Basement had mildew/ moldy odor- dehumidifier not sufficient for size of area. Mediocre quality of linens. Dishwasher leaking. These are just some of complaints. Only 1 tv which had very basic service.
We were surprised and a little bit offended to receive such a negative review from these travelers.
1. The dishwasher started leaking with previous tenants and we had a repairman scheduled to come. I informed guests about that. The man in the family kindly offered to do the work himself and next day he called me to say that it was fixed, and I paid him $50 (he asked for $40). Therefore, I cancelled the repairman.
2. These travelers paid for and reserved only Main floor, which was plenty enough for their group. However, they asked for permission and access to the Ground Floor. I informed them that we did not rent out it because of the malfunctioning a/c, which we were going to replace next week. They said that they would not care. I opened the ground floor and let them use it free of charge.
3. They told me of the need to power wash the house. Yes, one side of the house became spattered after several recent hurricanes and northeasters. I do not think the house needs to be power washed after every northeaster. We were planning to do that next Spring.
4. On June 29, 2018 the house had annual inspection by Barnstable Board of Health and approved for occupancy and rental.
5. As to the landscaping – this is just the matter of taste. We’ve had lawn mow regularly. The site around the house is clean. The lady thought that some bushes should be cut to enlarge view of the lake (which would not work anyway because of the trees across the street), but we prefer privacy around the house.
6. She also wanted to have curtains on the picture windows in the living and dining rooms, because her husband likes to walk undressed around the house, but we prefer open view from the picture windows and use blinds only in the bedrooms. In addition, the house is so high on the hill, that nothing could be seen from down the street into the windows.
7. We feel sorry for them that they could not fully enjoy their vacation at our house and still grateful for the work he did at the house.
8. A/c is working now and the next guests, who officially rented the ground floor, left a very favorable review.
9. In our description on VRBO it is stated that we provide only Basic cable.
excellent rental, clean, spacious and close to everything.
Thank you Bob and Christina! We will be happy to see you next year.
Mark and Natasha
Beautiful home in a great location
Owner greeted us upon arrival and was most gracious. Home is spacious and nicely appointed.
Thank you, Carolyn. Welcome back next summer.
Clean and private.
We had a relaxing vacation. Home had everything that you would need. Lake beach three doors down the road. Local beaches were lovely. Enjoyed sitting at the table in the back yard reading. Yard is very private and gets lots of sun.
Thank you very much, Jennifer and family for your nice words. We enjoyed having you at the house an would welcome you back next year.
Comfortable, clean, convenient, quiet
I stayed at this property Saturday - Tuesday of Labor Day weekend. I was looking for a place that would provide me the amenities of home at a reasonable price - and did this place do that. The place was beautiful, clean and conveniently located near everything I wanted to do. There were two of us with two other family members joining us for one night. We had more than enough space. And although I didn't get to use the canoe or outdoor fire pit, I was so glad to have them. The only reason I didn't use them was because it rained. Mark and Natasha were great. Mark provided a brief tour of the facility upon my arrival and I was most great fun that they accommodated my arrival time. I'm a big person on cleanliness and comfort. After this experience, I'll no longer stay at an hotel. This place was great. I recommend it for anyone looking for the clean comforts of home. The property is large which provides great space for families who stay. Thank you Natasha and Mark, I look forward to booking with you again soon.
Thank you very much Phil! Your kind words are greatly appreciated. You're always welcome to our house.
Natasha and Mark
There are activities for both families and couples alike. Take a whale watch tour or a drive down the Cape to the National Seashore or to the beach. Or take a ferry ride to the Islands of Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard for a day of shopping and site seeing.