|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
Winner of the ABC Living Well Channel's 'Sweet Retreats' Austin edition and also known as the "Bali-inspired Artist's Retreat". We're now running a Holiday Special, (valid for stays including these dates: Nov. 19, 2015 - Jan. 2, 2016). Book at least six nights and mention the special and we'll supply the holiday dinner for up to twelve guests, including Tandoori Chicken or Duck, Seasonal Vegetable Gratin, Whipped Sweet Potatoes, Buttermilk Biscuits, Buttermilk or Caramel Squash Pies, and more! (Also, ask about the Loft House's mid-week discount program and 2 day weekday minimums).
Welcome! Are you looking for a resort-like atmosphere for your annual girlfriend getaway? Searching for an inspirational setting for your company retreat or offsite meeting? Hunting for a home with a convivial vibe for your family reunion? If so, your search for a secluded yet accessible Austin home-base is over. Situated on two acres of private green-space on a non-through street, this private oasis offers easy access to ACL, SXSW, F1 (Formula One) and downtown Austin.
Because the Loft House is located Sunset Valley, a tiny independent township in the heart of South Austin, Austin's new maximum occupancy regulations (10 guests max) do not apply. We sleep up to twelve guests comfortably and legally!
Hi, I'm Sharon. In 2008, I flew to Bali and filled a container with art, architectural pieces, furniture, marble and building materials. When I returned to Austin I built my dream home in the Sunset Valley neighborhood, a tiny township within the city of Austin. 'Austin's best kept secret' has large lots, many old and beautiful trees, horses and abundant wildlife yet its only 14 minutes from downtown. In 2010 the Loft House was awarded five stars (the highest honor) by the Austin Green Building Program and was featured in the Cool House Architectural Tour.
The two story, naturally lighted artist's loft, has a flexible floor plan to accommodate a wide range of groups, from families on holiday to small wedding parties to corporate clients. Because I make my living designing and building things, my home is filled with textiles, art, art materials and works in progress. When you arrive you'll notice my obsessive compulsive attention to detail throughout, custom carved teak doors, polished concrete and pebble mosaic floors, natural clay wall finishes, custom light switches, etc. I've been told there's something about the space that fuels the imagination and inspires a sense of play, making it perfect for corporate brainstorming sessions and artist/writer retreats.
The very private outdoor living space offers numerous ways to enjoy the warm Austin weather; eat breakfast in the large screened porch, sip mojitos on the deck or paddle around the lap pool as deer, foxes, mexican eagles and hummingbirds frolic nearby.
WHOLE HOUSE FEATURES:
- Tall ceilings and lots of natural light
- Wireless internet
- onsite free parking
- Sleeps up to 12 people in luxury linens, 100% cotton sheets, world textile coverlets, vintage wool blankets, new pillows and comfortable mattresses. A variety of sleeping arrangements can be arranged.
- Bath and pool towels
- Shampoos and other beauty products, hairdryers and makeup mirrors throughout
LIVING and DINING ROOM:
- Large open living space with two story windows overlook the private green-space
- Raised dining room just off the kitchen with custom dining table and lighted art niche
KITCHEN: The fully equipped large kitchen with wrap-around counters that open onto the screened outdoor living and dining area is perfect for parties, foodie reunions and cooking classes.
- Gas stove
- Wall oven and microwave
- Coffee grinder, french presses and automated coffee maker
- Toaster oven
- Cooking equipment (cookie sheets, baking pans, pots and pans, salad spinner)
- Kitchen staples (flour, sugar, baking soda, etc.)
- Outdoor gas grill on the patio
BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS:
The ground floor 'Garden Room' Master Bedroom features...
- Large windows that overlook the pool area. Lots of natural light
- Custom roman shades for privacy
- The king sized bed can be reconfigured into two TwinXL beds
- Private bathroom with white pebble mosaic floor and a large soaking tub with a view.
- Towels, hair dryer, lighted magnifying mirror, shampoos and other beauty products are supplied.
- Walk in closet with a washer and dryer
- Private entrance offers access to the pool and outdoor shower
The second-floor 'Sun Room' Master Bedroom features…
- Large windows that overlook the pool and green-space
- Two custom queen-size beds on wheels. (Roll one next to the windows and wake up surrounded by sky)
- Enough room to comfortably fit an extra TwinXL bed if needed
- The next-door bathroom includes a vintage custom etched claw-foot tub/shower, venetian plaster finish, towels, hair dryer, lighted magnifying mirror, shampoos and other beauty products
The ground floor 'Patio' Bedroom features…
- Private entrance
- Private outdoor patio with table, chairs and custom iron gates
- The king sized bed can be reconfigured into two TwinXL beds
- Walk in closet
- Private bathroom with walk in shower, carved sink, towels, hair dryer, lighted magnifying mirror, towels, hair dryer, shampoos and other beauty products
A fourth full bathroom just off the main living space features a tub with a shower, a small vanity area, towels, hair dryer, lighted magnifying mirror, towels, shampoos and other beauty products
SECOND FLOOR LOFT AREAS: The entertainment/conference room that overlooks the main living space features
- Comfortable leather sofas
- Brand new 60' plasma smart tv with Netflix online streaming, dvd player, Hulu, Chromecast, Apple TV, etc.
The 'Sleeping Loft':
- This semi-private space can be configured in a variety of ways:
--- Two king sized beds can be reconfigured into four TwinXL beds
--- A series of folding teak tables can be set up to make it a work space.
--- I have six yoga mats, now its a yoga studio!
- Large teak deck with a gas grill
- Fifty foot lap pool
- Outdoor shower overlooking the 2 acre lot and dry creek
- Private patio just outside the 'Patio' bedroom
- A large private yard and a dry creek to explore
- Deer, foxes, raccoons, Mexican Eagles, hummingbirds galore
I'm an artist, designer, foodie, film buff and collector of Outsider Art. (I'm an antique show, junk shop and eBay addict!). I designed my house to revolve around the kitchen and the art studio, the two places where I'm most happy. Well, make that three places, I'm happy swimming in my pool too. And oh yeah, I'm happy hanging out with friends on my porch, eating fresh food we just dragged home from the Sunset Valley Farmers Market (only two blocks away). And I'm happy taking walks around my neighborhood visiting the horses and hiking on the nearby nature trails. I guess I'm just generally happy. You see I was born and raised in upstate New York, where the winters are long and cold. Now that I live in Austin, where the weather is warm, the people are friendly and the culture is lively, I'm in heaven!
Sharon Drinkwine purchased this house in 2009
If you're looking for an out of the ordinary experience with privacy and luxury amenities, and you don't mind driving FOURTEEN MINUTES to where the action is, this is the place.
Ask about our Winter Special and our mid-week discounts!
There are no words to describe the magic of this amazing property. When I set out to plan my girlfriend (now fiance's) proposal, I never could have imagined in a million years just how perfect this loft house would be for my needs.
The lawn area was literally perfection and really set the tone for the most amazing proposal ever. Sharon went to great lengths to make sure that the area was set up to perfection and was so accommodating to all of my needs and requests. She pulled it off perfectly.
As for the loft house; there are no words. The house was the perfect size for our group of 11 and came with all the comforts of home. The beds are amazingly comfortable and Sharon thinks of everything when it comes to making sure that all of her guests' needs are met.
Finally, Sharon. There is no way I can thank her for all that she did to make this proposal happen for us. She welcomed us all with open arms and Austin should truly consider itself lucky to be home to this wonderful gem of a house. I guarantee you will not be sorry for booking Sharon's amazing home for your event/getaway! We will most definitely be back :)
We stayed over the Thanksgiving weekend and had a great mini-family reunion. We had 8 people and space was never an issue. Sharon was accommodating to our questions and even walked us through the house at our arrival. We could not be more happy the way our Austin trip went during our stay. I count this as another of our great family memories to add to the bank.
The Loft House is designed in a unique way with decor you don't see in most homes. The layout was perfect for our gathering, whether in the great room, the kitchen or the screened in porch. There were plenty of beds and bathrooms for our group of women and Sharon had added touches of hospitality with supplies in the bathrooms. The beds were so comfortable, we emailed Sharon to get model information! Sharon is readily available by email or text for any questions or suggestions for local restaurants and activities. We would all return there in a heartbeat!
Words can only begin to express how magical staying at the Bali meets Austin home is. A private retreat from the world while also being only 10 minutes away from downtown is unheard of. Sharon is a beautiful host who did everything to make our stay perfect. We had a bridal party of 11 girls who never had to wait to shower or try to find another mirror. Sharon has thought of everything you could possibly need and anticipated it. We had to drag ourselves away from the pool to see what else was in Austin. This is the perfect home to have a relaxing weekend, lightly entertain, cook, have a dance party, anything and everything. Our bride teared up when she first walked into the house. Do yourself a favor and book this home immediately, you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to go back!
We just had the most fabulous time staying at the Lofthouse. It was me and 8 girlfriends visiting from Dallas and it truly was the most wonderful retreat for a girls weekend. Sharon is very responsive and has thought of everything. We lounged by the pool all day and relaxed in the screened in porch in the evening. The location is central and near restaurants and shops. The grounds of the Lofthouse are gorgeous - 2 acres of natures and beautiful gardens, we even saw a deer one evening. It didn't feel like we were in the city. The inside of the house is eclectic and custom; the beds were very comfortable. We absolutely loved our stay!
I recently stayed at the Loft House with a group of friends and we had an incredible time! From the moment we were welcomed at the property everyone was wowed by the beautiful architecture of the home and the unique sense of style. Each room is artfully decorated and we found everything we needed at the house, down to the very last detail (specific towels just for makeup removal) ! The owner was super accommodating of our schedule, and if we had a question through out our stay it was answered within minutes. We spent a lot of time at the house because we enjoyed it so much, but also went into downtown Austin everyday which was just a short Uber ride away. My only regret is that we didnt stay longer! It was my first time in Austin and we loved the town and the people, I would definitely recommend staying here for future vists!
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£812|
|Cleaning Fee||£162 + Tax|
- The renter must be over 25, all children must be over 12.
- No smoking or pets.
- Check-in after 3 PM, check-out is at 11 AM. Pre-approval is required for changes.
- Special events and parties are allowed with owner approval and separate contract.
- See sections 15, 16 and 17 of the rental agreement for the Cancellation Policy.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.