|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Beach Lookout Villa Unit B is available just in time for summer scallop season! Come enjoy a townhome just two doorsteps from the beach! Beach Lookout Villas offer complete comfort in 2 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, and have everything you need for a perfect beach getaway. Each second floor bedroom has its own bath with a half bath located conveniently on the ground floor. Kids and adults alike can enjoy the back bunk room that has a double bed too! The master bedroom with a king bed has a sliding glass door to access the spacious upper deck. Prepare your fresh catch in the fully appointed kitchen. Enjoy ocean breezes on the covered second floor balcony while you take in the panoramic views of the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Walk to the fishing pier, bars, restaurants and shopping in Mexico Beach. The beach is just steps away!
Monthly rates available Nov. - Feb.
**PLEASE EMAIL BEFORE CALLING TO SCHEDULE A RESERVATION**
**You must be at least 25 years of age to rent this unit.**
Keywords: townhome, villa, condo, apartment
I manage the rentals for this property, built by my family in the early 1980s.
First of all I must say Mexico Beach is an amazing place to visit, especially with kids. We were searching for a sleepy fishing town without a lot of commotion and this fit it to the T. You definitely need to stop by the grocery store on your way in because it's a good 25 to 30 minute drive if not. The house had all the essentials we needed to cook with and to prep with and the convenience of a washer and dryer. The location to the beach was absolutely perfect and the views from the shared balcony were breathtaking. The beds were pretty uncomfortable and the pull out couch slept like... well, a pull out. I would suggest bringing along a topper or something to make the beds and pull out more restful. To the owner, I would like to also suggest to do something about the bedframe in the 2nd bedroom with the bunkbeds. It looks like it has brackets for a footboard and they stick out and were very painfull when I sliced my leg on it. I was impressed with how clean it was though! We would definitely stay here again!
We came for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Mexico beach we new for us and we will definitely be back. Only draw back is not knowing ahead of time to make sure you have EVERYTHING you need for your stay. There is a few local stores but nothing major and condo didn't even have a hair dryer or salt and pepper shakers. Other than that we had a great time, loved that the beach was pretty private too.
Was very relaxing, and really just steps from the beach. The beaches were not crowed and very pretty. Ate some great food around the surrounding area.
We had a nice stay at this property. I can't say enough good things about Kelly - we've never rented a vacation home from an owner who is more accommodating and responsive.
Be sure to stop by Shoobie's ice cream (5 min. drive up the street). They're closed 3-4 days per week, so visit Friday - Sunday when they're likely to be open. The closest large supermarket is the Piggly Wiggly in Port St. Joe - a bit of a drive. If you have specific grocery brands you like, you might not find them at Piggly Wiggly - choices are limited, and fruit freshness left a lot to be desired. If you want some great fresh shrimp, try the Shell Shack, which is a 2 minute walk from the house. It's a gift store/fish market - they sold us some of the best shrimp I've ever eaten. Great pizza (with excellent gluten free crust as a bonus!) at Joe Mama's Pizza in Port St. Joe.
I'll start with the good stuff:
1) This property is SO CLOSE to the beach. We traveled with children ages 4-11 and needed the walk to the beach to be as easy and simple as possible. This property delivered 100%.
2) The views from the shared balcony were just lovely.
3) The second bedroom was perfectly equipped for our 3 kids. It's sometimes hard to find a two bedroom house with enough beds in the second bedroom to comfortably sleep three, but this one was perfect.
The drawbacks to are few, and none are major on their own. But they bear mentioning:
1) The kitchenware needs help. The house advertises that it sleeps up to 8, but even with our party of 5, we found it a bit hard to cook with the available options. At a minimum, the house could benefit from a big pasta pot and a proper colander/strainer. (The strainer available was a hand-held one more suited to rinsing fruit than handling a pound plus of pasta.) The house also needs a new dish drainer. The one available under the sink was not something you'd put clean dishes in. That said, there were plenty of actual dishes, plates and silverware - which you frequently don't find in a rental.
2) There is no drawer large enough to hold the silverware. We ended up putting the silverware holder right on top of the counter. This was not ideal as it got in the way of food prep.
3) The pantry door is coming off the hinges. We just left it alone and didn't put food in there because I didn't want my kids to open that heavy door and have it fall on their toes. A minor repair is needed.
All around a very good stay - glad we visited!
This townhome is literally "steps from the beach"! Beautiful views from the upper balcony too. Bring your chairs, towels and sunscreen. The unit had everything else we needed. Kelly was also extremely helpful and quick to reply whenever we had a questions.
We loved the townhouse being so close to the beach. Kids could go up and eat lunch without us worrying about them. Shared 2nd floor balcony/porch with the other 2 units was a little weird at first, but we got to know our neighbors, and it was fine. Very safe environment for family vacation. You can walk to several local establishments. Pizza place up the street is good. Owner responded quickly when we had internet connectivity issue. Would rent this unit again.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Property Damage Protection||£47|
base rate + 11% FL Occupancy tax + $100 cleaning fee = total rental rate. Monthly rentals available November - February each year. Contact owner for additional details.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.