End unit condominium in Bigwood with sunny exposure and views with no one above, below or shared walls. New windows, carpet and remodeled bathrooms. Bigwood is located in a quiet neighborhood in town on Majestic Pines, has a nice view of trees and the Sherwin Mountains, and is adjacent to the Sierra Star golf course. Steps away are a large outdoor spa, laundry facilities, and a swimming pool open during the summer only. The yellow line shuttle (free service) travels to Eagle Lodge and the Village and is a short walk of .25 miles. Chair 15 is a quick drive of .75 miles from this woodsy complex with home style architecture.
This two level, two bedroom and two bathroom condominium is located in Building T, close to the Pool and spa. There is a fully equipped kitchen, 3 flat screen TVs, DVRs, DVD player, and woodstove (firewood provided). The downstairs bedroom has a queen bed. The upstairs bedroom sleeps 6 with two bunk beds and a double bed. There is a table with 4 chairs, a full bathroom and walk in closet upstairs
The living room has a new sofa sleeper. This unit is non-smoking and has a single car garage (only one parking pass is given for the second vehicle to park outside, large vehicle may not fit).
Pets, Service and Assistant Animals are not permitted under any conditions. We have family members that are severely allergic to animals including, but not limited to, cats and dogs. Even a professional cleaning cannot eliminate allergens. $200 penalty for violation.
Cross country skiing and snow shoeing out of Tamarack Lodge is close to Bigwood. Lots of snow play areas in the winter and bike trails in the summer are just around up the road.
Here are some amenities that will make your stay very enjoyable:
- 32' flat screen TVs & Tivo DVRs in both bedrooms
- 46' flat screen TV & Tivo DVR with DVD player in living room
- Cable TV with sports package (Fuel TV!)
- Storage locker outside, right by the front door, that you can lock your skis and snowboards in overnight.
- 6 foot wall by front door dedicated to hooks and benches for coats, boots etc.
- Wood burning fireplace that quickly warms up the living area, plenty of free firewood provided. (Winter Renters-proper use of wood burning fireplace is required rather than relying on electrical heaters on constantly to provide warmth. Electricity waste penalty may apply as spelled out in our rental contract.)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Single car garage to pull your vehicle into (7 foot clearance)
- Easy to find- only a few short steps to the front door
- Large Jacuzzi, pool and laundry facilities just steps away
- Wireless internet
- BBQ down by the pool (not available in Winter)
The Unique Benefits at this Condo: You'll find that being in Bigwood allows you to be close enough to town, but in a more woodsy and residential neighborhood that is quiet and beautiful. During the winter, areas for snow play are quite close. In the summer, bike paths are close. What is unique about our condo is that it has a more modern feel while still reflecting the mountains and beauty of Mammoth. We've been coming to Mammoth for 18 years and finally bought a place of our own. It's an amazing place, both in winter and summer, and we know you'll have a great time.
WE REQUIRE A FRIDAY/SATURDAY NIGHT STAY FOR ALL WINTER WEEKENDS. NO CHECK IN ON SATURDAY ALLOWED.
Please note that we have a Ring Security Cam outside our front door and NEST Thermostat. So for Winter Guests, I will know when you arrive and will monitor how much energy use through the Nest. We can't afford $600 electric bills for heat so we expect guests to use our wood stove throughout their stay and I may prod you if the NEST shows the heater is cranked way up for a long period of time and will remind you to use the Wood Stove. Penalties apply if the NEST shows heater use for more than 5 hours in a 24 hour period. Please see Rental Contract.