House, 5 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 10-12)
Why Owner chose Stevensville
We chose this location because it has a huge yard directly on the Chesapeake Bay and has great crabbing and fishing. Its proximity to Annapolis (25 minutes) and DC and Baltimore (both 50 minutes) made it even more appealing. Its even close to the ocean beaches of Delaware and Maryland! We love Kent Island's local charms- friendly people, beautiful landscapes, and fantastic seafood!
What makes this House unique
We love the sunsets over the Chesapeake Bay, getting up early to fish or crab off of our dock, having family get-togethers on our huge waterfront lawn, and taking advantage of everything else Kent Island has to offer!
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
It was not clean, I did not unpack my slippers right away and after a couple hours of walking around in my socks, the bottoms of my white socks were black. The folding door for the downstairs bathroom linen closet was hanging off the bent track and we were so afraid it was going to fall off and hurt someone. The water was undrinkable. There are gapes in the floor boards and in places a couple of inches. We had to buy large pots, dish towels and clothes. We bought a sink stopper and a strainer for the kitchen. We bought a dish pan and drying mat for dishes. The dish drying rack there was useless. Some rails on the deck were lose or missing and unsafe for small children. The one coffee table seemed like it could fall apart at any time. We rented during end of Oct and begining of Nov. There were a few places were the cold air was coming in from outside. Things on the outside of the house were rattling as the wind blew causing it to be hard to get a good night sleep. Many dead bugs on window sills. I haven't listed everything, but all of this and the price listed while we were there was $44.00 per night less than what we were charged. I feel like we were rather ripped off because we booked early. We left the house better and cleaner than we found it. If there is a cleaning service they should be ashamed to charge for their work.
Beautiful sunsets every night! Great fishing and bird watching, we saw lots of birds of prey… even a bald Eagle. The house is very comfortable for large groups, it was very nice to have two family rooms so the kids could have their own space. I spent every morning having coffee on the outside deck overlooking the the water, it is a very quiet and relaxing neighborhood.
Easy drive from Baltimore/DC. Spacious house and yard, only short walk from very small beach which is the only access for dogs and kids into water. Poor drainage in upstairs bath and tiny shower downstairs is inadequate for place that "sleeps 12." Really missed not having dish washer. Dogs loved it.
Million Dollar Chesapeake Bay Panoramic View
Stayed a week in this noteworthy home, here’s some objective comments, but I have to say that I’m prejudiced because I loved staying in this home:
1) The view is stunning. This is an “open-bay” view, full panoramic 180 degree of the Chesapeake Bay that’s so wide you almost can’t see the other side. The view faces the sunsets, which have been stunning.
2) There’s large grassed back yard, with shade trees and hammocks by the water.
3) The dock/pier is about 100 feet long, and in good condition, perfect for fishing.
4) A brick patio on the water includes a place for grilling in a Weber grill, and a table with surface for cleaning fish. My son caught his first Rock Fish (Striped Bass) there!!
5) The style of the home is referred to as a split ranch, with a second floor. Lovely oak steps to upstairs, and there’s a door to a full-house-width upstairs deck that overlooks the Bay. It’s an unbelievably nice place to start the day in the shade, coffee and breakfast. I can’t imagine a nicer way to start the day.
6) There’s three bedrooms upstairs including a nice-size master w/ queen size, a room with 2 single beds, and another room with a queen. The upstairs has a full shower/tub bath.
7) Downstairs has a full kitchen, normal size, with eat-in area that seats six easily. Fridge, micro, double-oven, updated fast-heat range (some kind of electronic range, heats up really fast), all pots/pans/dishes/utensils, all in good condition. No dishwasher, but that’s not so important to me when the sink overlooks the bay view!
8) Two bedrooms downstairs with queen beds. There’s also a full bath downstairs shower only, washer dryer, very large family room w/ cable tv, and a living room with tv too.
9) The baths could use a little updating, but not bad. I just Can’t say enough about the Open bay view. .
10) The home is a 10 minute drive to US 50, 20 minutes to Annaolis, hour and a half to Ocean City. Unless it’s during traffic time. It’s also 5 minutes to nice lit tennis courts, huge playground, golf course, public beach on the bay, and shopping at Kmart, Food Lion, and a nice selection of good restaurants. I liked Lukes Grill, and Hemingway's right on the same street as the main road to the home.
Overall the home is a little dated, but you can’t beat the central location, and the view (ok I said that already, right?). I would highly recommend this home, and absolutely will return year after year
Large house with lots of space
We rented this home for a Christmas vacation to be close to DC activities. The house had plenty of space to accommodate my large family and two dogs, lots of bedrooms and beds and plenty of couch space. The two living rooms both had TV’s which was nice. The kitchen has plenty of pots, pans, cups, and plates, but unfortunately no dishwasher. While the kitchen is decent, it does need some updating. The house was clean when we arrived and there were plenty of towels. The house is located in a nice, quiet neighborhood and fairly close to a grocery store. While the house isn’t perfect, for the price and the location it worked for us.
The host was very accommodating, quick to answer questions, and even purchased a Christmas tree for us.
The BIG house
The house was weathered and was OK given it was a bunch of guys. Not sure how it would have turned out if the wives were involved.
There is great fishing for rockfish, bluefish, perch, spot, and croaker as well as crabbing right off of our 150' dock. Or, if you prefer, book a charter boat from a marina five minutes from the house to get out on the bay and catch the big ones! If you are looking for other outdoor activities, visit one of the many u-pick farms in the area for fresh peaches, strawberries, blueberries and other seasonal produce. Or, visit nearby historical gems such as Annapolis, St. Michaels, or Chestertown. Ocean Beaches such as Rehobeth and Ocean City are 90 minutes away and Washington DC and Baltimore are less than 60 minutes away.