|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
A SHORE THING is a freshly renovated 1500 square foot waterfront cottage with three bedrooms and two baths. Located on expansive Mattox Creek, it is only 8 minutes by boat or car to the quaint town of Colonial Beach. Enjoy quiet mornings on the deck overlooking Mattox Creek and the fabulous sunsets in this quiet golf cart community.
With its own pier and covered boat dock, bring your boat or jet ski and your backyard is endless!. Water and electricity are provided for your convenience at the boat dock.
House is beautifully decorated and fully furnished. Both living room and dining area have waterfront views. New master bedroom has a waterfront view with a king-size bed, walk-in closet, and large private bath. Second master bedroom has a king-size bed with a large walk-in closet/dressing room. Third bedroom has one extra-long twin bed.
Privacy fencing encloses the sides only of the back yard (facing water).
- 46” LED flat screen TV with HD and blue ray DVD (living area)
- 32” flat screen TV with built in DVD player (master bedrooms)
- 22” flat screen smart TV (third bedroom)
- cable TV
- high speed internet and wireless access
- telephone (free long distance)
Rental Rules & Policies: 1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside of the cottage, front porch or deck area.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Children are welcome but be advised that the cottage is not child-safe for small children. You are welcome to move sharp objects or otherwise dangerous objects up out of reach however please put them back in their proper place before checking out.
4. We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under the age of 26 without accompaniment of an adult.
5. A Shore Thing is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
6. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
7. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
8. Pets are NOT allowed on the property.
9. Parking: Parking is limited to 2 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in driveway area only.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
11. Sewer System: The property is on a central sewer system. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the sewer system, you could be charged damages of up to $250.00.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
This waterfront property has expansive water views and is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. It has been newly renovated so it is fresh and inviting for guests of all ages. Its private pier and covered boat dock with furnished lounging area offer unique relaxation opportunities.
We wanted a place that my grandaughter, fiance and us could just relax and spend time together. A shore thing was perfect. In addition we had a beautiful view of the water and wildlife. The kitchen had everything I needed to make our Thanksgiving dinner, we just brought the groceries. We were close enough to spend a day in Fredriksburg and several interesting small towns in the area. The owner met us when we arrived and it was a simple after of getting keys and iformation about the house. A great place to stay, cute and very clean.
Spent a weekend at this lovely property, and hope to be able to go back again. Perfect setting - right on the Maddox Creek with fabulous views. Saw eagles, hawks and heron and enjoyed the natural surroundings. Spent a little time in the center of town in Colonial Beach and explored the beachfront and a few local shops. Not very busy during the off season, and we liked it. The house itself was impeccably clean, well stocked and ready for our visit. David was very accommodating with our arrival and departure, and we are thankful that they shared this lovely home.
We rented this property for a long weekend. Everything about the process was top-notch. David met us there to give us the lay of the land and, if he hadn't, we could have easily managed as everything is clearly marked. He also answered our questions regarding dining in the area. Unfortunately, we didn't listen. Stupid! Also, for those that are familiar with house rentals, this place lacked nothing. Just bring your food and beverages and you're all set. Honestly, this was likely the best rental I've stayed in.
This was our second stay at A Shore Thing. The house is well appointed, water view is serene, we'll see you in 2017!
We rent an average of 10 properties a year and A Shore Thing was by far the best of all we’d ever seen! We’ve been trying to rent A Shore Thing for over a year now, but, it was always booked. Now that we’ve been there, we know why!
From the inside, the cottage is luxuriously furnished and in excellent condition. Everything looks and functions as good as new! The kitchen had everything we could think of and more. The silverware drawer had a double sliding tray for an extra touch of pampering and convenience! The living room had beautiful burgundy leather furniture with a heavenly view of the water and trees. BTW, while watching TV one night, we felt cold, we opened the drawer in the coffee table and it had a blanket. We were blown away!
The master bedroom was like a spacious suite in a 7 Star hotel with a water view! It has a walk in closet and an exceptional master bathroom that had: shampoo, conditioner, hand moisturizer, disposable cups, a brand new towel set with a towel placed right next to you wherever you need one! The laundry area had everything that we could possibly need and it was all labeled so you’d know at a glance where everything is. There is a small closet in front of the kitchen it had extra plastic bags, tons of them for our convenience. It’s unbelievable; there is nothing that this cottage lacks. We could live there!
The dock was amazing! Huge, perfectly lit at night and has a covered part with high quality comfortable furniture. We fished throughout our trip. Caught many catfish of decent size, white perch on spinners, spot on night crawlers and even crabs on a rod and reel! We had a blast.
The level of convenience we found in this place is unbelievable! It’s as if David and his wife Amy spent months just thinking of every single thing that would make their guests comfortable and totally pampered. Thank you so much guys, we’ll definitely be back!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £10 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£158|
Max number of guests is 5.
Thanksgiving and Christmas requires 3 night minimum. No check in on actual holiday.
Rental payments accepted by credit card, check, money order.
More than 60 days: Full refund ----- 30 days or more: Half of rental fee refunded *. Security deposit not refunded.
Less than 30 days: No refund *
* Full refunds are made if we can rebook your dates.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.