|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
A high-end SKI, BEACH, WEDDING, WINE, HOCKEY & GOLF lease villa built in 2007 on 3260 sf in our 4 ½ acre magnificent property with sensational views.
From 1. March 2013 we decided to rent villa Orion.
Villa Orion is ideal as vacation rental villa for:
• Wine Lovers
• Business Travellers
• Outdoor Lovers: skiing, golfing, flying, triathlon, hunting, biking, horseback riding, fishing, paragliding, heli-skiing, tennis, spa, gold panning
• Families reunions and (girl) friend week(end)s
• Affluent families looking for peace & privacy without the hassle of a hotel room, a second home or a destination club
• Media personalities or actors/photo models waiting for film & photo shoots
• Romantic honeymooners
• Executives, directors, professionals and entrepreneurs planning to enjoy personalized services with spacious and luxury accommodations
• Physicians and medical specialists longing for outdoor living and absolute privacy.
Our local concierge and reservation manager are looking forward to welcome you.
Outside Villa Orion Penticton:
When you enter our gated estate - see photo 2 – you can oversee this 4 ½ acre private retreat property in front of you. Follow the cedar lined lane through the peach & nectarine orchards.
First you will reach ample parking for many modes of transportation. Next the introvert rear side of the villa presenting itself with the kitchen window and the red front door.
Chinese stepping stones lead you in a sensory journey through the grounds. On your left the Bench garden with many different roses, grasses and trees.
Listen to the monk-tones of the giant chime - photo 3 - hung high in the circle of pines and firs. An ideal location for meditation and reflection.
Returning to the lawn we continue our walk around the villa (photo 4).
Vast and impressive lake view - photo 5 - flowering beds, massive trees, nature at its magnificence. Watch the lazy sail boats drift by, marvel at dare-devil speed boats. Sunsets blaze from this multi-level terrace. Stunning local fire-work displays.
Walking on the lake side garden you encounter Echinacea flowers, roses, walnut tree, acer tree and papa & mamma fir. Discover the west terrace at the lake front. The ground and first floor is a huge glass sensation (photo 6).The border of the west terrace can be used as picnic place, brunch & barbecue area or just for reading The Globe & Mail.
Continue the garden walk entering the Japanese garden with its waterfall, roses, bonsai and Japanese guard shrines, solar illuminated (photo 7). This is one of the six shrines protecting the corners of the villa. Together with our six Xi’an warriors depicting the hidden armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China: we are safe.
Ground floor Villa Orion Penticton:
Opening the red front door you will step into the hall. On your right is the kitchen - photo 8 - with all the luxuries – like a Wolf furnace – you may expect.
On your left is the western bedroom - photo 9 & 10 - with a NEW king size bed and a bath room. Opening here the sliding glass doors - photo 11 - you step into your south terrace with a look at the magical wind chime.
Back into the hall you enter the living room: a breath taking glass experience. A 100% glass front at the ground and first floor (photo 1). Enjoy the transparency and lightness of the living room. Taste your privacy, luxury and romance. And dance because nobody can see you. You are living on the edge of the clay cliffs, high above the Okanagan Lake. Look at the photos of the gorgeous living room! And compare the clay cliff wall - photo 12 - around your fire place with the real one (photo 13). Around the corner is the dining area - close to the kitchen - for 6 persons (photo 14).
At this lakeside front you can enjoy the gorgeous west terrace to eat, drink and sunbathe ( photo 15). Your silent public beach is immediately down the cliffs, a seven minutes’ walk (photo 16/17). If you like the crowded beach with its sun beds, umbrellas, beach bars and restaurants it will take you a twelve minute drive.
Across from the western room your will find the master bedroom (photo 18). From this NEW king size bed with memory foam mattress you are looking deep down into downtown illuminating Penticton. In the luxury bath room you can relax in the Jacuzzi bath (photo 19) and under the hydro massage - photo 20 - system (waterfall, chroma therapy color cycles and body jets).
First floor Villa Orion Penticton:
Climb the staircase (photo 21) up the first floor. Relax either in the cinema area (digital & cable television, DVD). Or in the atrium - the open glass vestibule (photo 22) - the walk & sitting area above the ground floor.
Or at the (partly covered) patio (photo 23) - leaving the atrium - with the game area (Nintendo Wii games). And the outdoor lifestyle furniture for sunbathing, cocooning or reading at this breath taking area.
Although villa Orion has two bedrooms - 4 persons - you can hire an extra NEW queen size bed for your fifth and sixth person. This bed is at the atrium, close to our third bath room is in the atrium (photo 24).
Basement Villa Orion Penticton:
Our villa has a cellar, where you can use the Miele washing machine and the dryer. Here you can store your suitcases and wines.
Villa Orion is an unmatched retreat designed for high standards and exquisite taste. The villa epitomizes all that is beautiful about modern architecture, with its smooth white lines, glass walls, tasteful interior. Furnished in neutral colors, paintings and open rooms to wide terraces against the backdrop of the Okanagan Lake.
Villa Orion is luxuriously delivering:
* Amenities = gourmet kitchen with professional-grade refrigerator, dishwasher, Wolf furnace, fine dishes and glassware, high-grade counter top appliances, spa-like bathroom, Jacuzzi and a hydro massage system, designer decorated bedrooms, fireplace (wood), professional grade appliances, luxury brand name bath products, high thread count sheets, linens of the highest quality, three NEW top beds!
* Art = beautiful paintings & sculptures.
* Technologies = air conditioning, heating system, electrical shutters, first-rate electronics, LCD high definition television, state-of-the-art home theater system, digital music channels, Wi-Fi internet and video game consoles (Wii).
* Outdoor = silent public beach just bellow our clay cliffs; modern picnic set + outdoor barbecue; landscaped gardens with private patios & verandas; lifestyle outdoor furniture.
Our reservation manager and concierge are at your service!
Since 1981 we own this premier luxury estate. Our company – Orion Consultings Limited – has been incorporated from 13th Day of October 1981 under the Company Act Number 243822 of Province British Columbia, Ministry of Commerce and Corporate Affairs. We built villa Orion – with our Swiss architect – between 2004-2007 at the location of our old cottage. From 1. January 2013 we decided to rent villa Orion. The City of Penticton approved the rental with the business license, number 14610.
We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a quality product and excellent personal experience. We want you to enjoy the luxury and tranquility our home offers. It is our mission for relaxing and leaving this retreat rejuvenated.
Our hospitality management consists of our reservation manager (Rein Willemsen) and our concierge for tasks 3, 4, 5:
1. Planning: dates, numbers, names and duration
2. Confirming bookings, payments and arrival dates
3. Welcoming: gate entrance, transport (f.e. airport pick-up)
4. Responsible for the mid week cleaning.
5. Checking out last morning based on villa's inventory list.
Rein Willemsen, reservation manager purchased this villa in 1981
After more than 30 years' ownership we can say that this property has always been a sanctuary for us. We want to share these experiences with our guests.
Exclusive and secluded Villa Orion in Penticton (BC) delivers you an unique vacation experience without extra fees:
First, by steady upgrading our CORE PRODUCTS
I. In/Outdoor Designer Comforts: 2 new king size beds and 1 new queen size bed with first class new sheets & towels. A new outdoor barbecue-set. A granite & stainless steel picnic table (+ 8 chairs). Four landscaped gardens in the style of famous Dutch landscape architect Piet Oudolf. Waterfall in Japanese garden. Four sunbathing terrace chairs in front of living room + 2 before western bedroom. Solar lamps at terrace decks. Relaxing outdoor furniture on the patio. Huge Wind 'Monk' Gong Pipes in forest 'island' with meditation area. Gate entrance to the Kettle Valley Trail.
II. Exclusive Artwork/Paintings from Phil Clark, Diana Peel and John Revill: A bronze from Linda Steward. A blue alabaster sculpture from Kevin Peters. A Jade Bear from Lyle Sopel. A Polar Bear from Rodney Kalausok (Nation = Inuit). A modern Chandelier from Brand & Van Egmond. And many (Muse Gazing) Crystals (f.e. Ken Rains) throughout the villa.
III. Technology/Entertainment: Two Airco Systems. Floor & Air Heating Systems. Electrical (Sun) Shutters at the lakeside (at the first & ground floor). First-rate Electronics. LED LCD TV. BOSE Digital Home Theater Speaker System (at first floor). Digital Theater Speaker Systems (at living room + lakeside deck). CD/DVD Player, Digital Music Channels, fast Wi-Fi internet.
IV. Celebrity Amenities: Gourmet kitchen with professional-grade refrigerator. Dishwasher. Wolf stove. Fine Chrysanthemum (flower of the Japanese Emperor) dishes & cups. Superior Versace chinaware: “Les Tresors de la Mer” Fine dishes & glassware. High-grade counter top appliances. Master Bathroom = spa-like bathroom, Jacuzzi, a hydro massage system, cosmetics.
In Bathrooms = professional grade appliances. Bedrooms = designer decorated, high thread count sheets, linens of the highest quality. Living Room = fireplace. Basement = Miele wash machine & dryer.
Second, by steady upgrading our SERVICE LEVELS
- A concierge at the property delivers the highest service & hospitality level
- Soap the Marseille; for your high-quality, triple milled soap has been installed
- Distilled water (public water contains an unhealthy percentage of chlorine)
- Wood for the fireplace
- A midweek cleaning when you are staying 7 nights are more
- Gas for BBQ
- Beach chairs & towels
- Quality coffee maker
- High quality women’s cosmetics in bathrooms: body lotion, hand/night crème
- Laura Ashley bathrobes for every guest
Third, by steady upgrading our PERSONAL & UNIQUE PROPOSITIONS
- Our Orion team is making this third step without leaving a footprint
- Our mission - the route for mankind – means to leave the world a better place
- We can’t change the big things around us, but changing on what we can
- One of the ways to do this is to become energy neutral with all we do
- We collect the water off the roof for irrigating the gardens
- The warm water used in the villa is collected from our water solar on the roof
- The heavy metals shutters are used for keeping the house cool in summer & warm in winter
- Heat from our fireplace is flowing through pipes in the concrete wall to heat the living room
- Bathrobes and towels are washed on the premises
- Fans in our living room are recirculating the air
- To become truly energy neutral in villa Orion we are investing into photo solar panels on the roof to replace energy & gas in Villa Orion.
Family Getaway: it felt like home, only with a better view!
We had a wonderful getaway at Villa Orion this summer. The house was perfectly set up for a small group, everything it described on the web site and more. The caretaker (in another house on the grounds) was a wonderful host and helped us get to know everything very quickly; it felt like home, only ...
Read more in: http://villaorion.com/reviews/read-reviews-2/
We had a very nice stay at Villa Orion in early October, to coincide with the Fall Okanagan Wine Festival. It’s a beautiful property on an excellent location, sited on the clay cliffs overlooking Penticton and the lake, and surrounded by a small orchard. The villa is spacious, bright, modern, spotlessly clean, and very well-maintained. From this central location it was easy to go into town only a few minutes away for the restaurants and markets, and a great central base from which to visit the many wineries north up the Naramata Bench, or south down the valley. Good attention to safety and security – access to the orchard and house is fenced with automated security gate, and the house has fire extinguishers, fire alarms, etc. Excellent lighting throughout, beautiful bathrooms, high end soaps and toiletries, modern well-equipped kitchen. Sound system with built-in speakers both inside and outside on the deck area. Wood-burning fireplace works very well. Nice high end touches like interesting books, art, crystals, and high end linens including genuine Hudson Bay wool blankets. We did note a couple of minor issues with the sound system and BBQ, and management was very responsive to our suggestions on upgrades to those for future, in keeping with this amazing five star property. On-site property manager/concierge Lori lives in house about 100 yards away within the same orchard property, close at hand if needed, but screened by trees, so Villa Orion is quiet and private. Manager Rein was very prompt and helpful in the booking, and Lori was very friendly and helpful “on the ground”. The information binder on the house and region was very comprehensive. There is also an informative stand-alone web site for Villa Orion with great photos, videos, and other information. We highly recommend this wonderful property, and are already planning future stays!
This was by the far the best holiday destination ever! The views from the villa are spectacular (vineyards, orchards, Lake Okanagan, mountains and marina. The house is beautifully decorated with lots of thought to detail, colour and harmony. It felt like I was at home. We certainly enjoyed eating on Versace plates! The villa was the perfect location for visiting the Namarata Bench, Okanagan Falls wineries, Peachland and Oliver. We even managed to visit wineries in West Kelowna. All in all, this was the best trip ever. I am thrilled to have found this luxurious property.
beautiful place, beautiful view. We had a wonderful time with our 2 young kids and parents here during Peachfest. Nice and close to town but gave the feeling of being in the country. The house was so clean and all the little extras was so appreciated. There are miniature horses on the property that the kids loved!! I would 100% recommend this property. The property manager was so nice and helpful.
What a wonderful stay.
We were looking for a vacation home with easy access to walking trails, road biking, views of the lake and surrounding area as well as having the ability to walk into to town. Villa Orion has it all! The house itself is exceptional, very well equipped, move in ready. Rein and Lori made the booking and our stay very easy and comfortable. Very trust worthy people.
Stunning location, comfortable, clean, spacious, close to downtown, wonderful concierge, breathtaking views, lovely amenities, looking forward to visiting in the summer!!
Another couple and ourselves stayed at Villa Orion for a 3 day wine tour. We cannot say enough about how beautiful the home is and the view was spectacular. The home had all the amenities including beds that were more comfortable than ours at home. We also thoroughly enjoyed our morning walks along the Kettle Valley Railway located just below Villa Orion.
Lori, the resident concierge, was so special to us and she arranged a private wine tasting at Perseus Winery which was a highlight of our visit. We bought 18 bottles of wine because we were so impressed. She also gave us some recommendations for dinners which were excellent. We dined at Bogner's, Villa Rosa, the Hooded Merganser and the Bad Tattoo all of which were great. We also had lunch at Hillside Winery which was outstanding.
The only complaint we had was that we couldn't stay longer.
Looking forward to going back.
Are you looking for a more than just a fabulous location?
Are you desiring for a modern architecture villa that speaks to your individual lifestyle?
And not looking for only the ideal house, but for the perfect home?
Then you found your luxury vacation rental!
Villa Orion Penticton is one of the top vacation rentals in Okanagan Valley BC.
A luxury vacation rental with 2700 square foot on a 4 ½ acre property overlooking Okanagan Lake and Penticton.
An unmatched retreat designed for high standards and exquisite taste.
Ten minutes’ drive from the city of Penticton for shopping, restaurants, casino.
Easy accessible by plane or car.
Why should you choose for our luxury vacation rental? Three reasons:
1. The tranquility, privacy, luxury and exclusivity of Villa Orion
2. Our fabulous location at the edge of clay cliffs overlooking
Okanagan Lake and Penticton
3. The huge variety of leisure activities in the neighborhood of
• Your SECOND Best Canadian Beaches: from villa Orion a 7 minutes’ walk till 15 minutes’ drive. With the best Canadian climate: an average of 2000+ hours of sunshine per year. A higher average than Rio de Janeiro and Hawaii! And your “private” beach is immediately down the Cliffs.
• Your Golf Paradise, according Yahoo Travel’s 10 Hottest Canadian Destination for 2009. From villa Orion a 10 till 90 minutes’ drive. A choice of 38 golf courses! With the longest golf seasons in Canada.
• Your Best Canadian Wineries & Wines: from villa Orion a 2 till 90 minutes’ drive! The Okanagan Valley is the king of BC wines.
• Your Ski Resorts: from villa Orion a 35 till 90 minutes’ drive. A choice of 13 ski resorts!
• Your Festivals in Every Season: from villa Orion a 10 minutes’ drive.
• Breath taking GEOLOGICAL & HISTORICAL Kettle Valley Railroad LANDSCAPE. KVR was driving 30 meters under our estate. Walk & cycle in this gorgeous landscape.
Numerous restaurants (2 minutes till 60 minutes drive). Nightclubs & casinos (10 minutes till 45 minutes). The 12 art galleries (7 till 45 minutes driving time): don’t forget to visit Osooys’ desert & native museum (40 driving minutes). Spa & massage centres & health clubs. The hard court tennis (5 minutes driving time). Flying, triathlon, hunting, (dust) biking, horseback riding/packing, fishing, paragliding, heli-skiing, gold penning, rock climbing etc.
Villa Orion is the first ancient peach orchard – on Naramata Bench, the low populated east cliff bank – inside Penticton. Another beautiful attraction in Okanagan Valley is its blossoms. Look at this natural masterpiece during Mid April - Mid May.
British Columbia has been a popular destination with international travellers for a long time. Vancouver’s stunning, modern international airport is the major gateway to your Super, Natural British Columbia ® experience:
* Direct UK flights to Vancouver are available from London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester and Glasgow. Airlines include Air Canada, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic Airways, and Air Transat. Flight time from the UK is approximately 9 hours.
* Direct USA flights to Vancouver are very easy: modern and dependable transportation systems extend to every sizable population centre and beyond.
* Getting from Australia and New Zealand to Vancouver has never been easier. Air Canada now flies direct from Sydney, Australia, while Air New Zealand flies direct from Auckland, New Zealand. Flights take just 14 hours. Several other airlines, including Cathay Pacific, United, Australia and Qantas, fly to Vancouver International Airport from the South Pacific via other destinations.
* British Columbia is a popular destination for Indian travellers, whether visiting friends and relatives in Vancouver, going on an Alaska cruise, or touring around the beautiful province. Flight connections to Vancouver are available through European cities such as London and Frankfurt, or Asia through Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai/Seattle to name a few.
From Vancouver it is easy to come to – and scenic – Penticton no matter which way you choose to travel:
? By car: Penticton is centrally located along the segment of Highway 97 has convenient access to the major BC and Trans-Canada Highway systems. Driving Distance to Penticton from: Calgary (683 km/424 mi), Kelowna (72 km/45 mi), Seattle (504 km/313 mi), Vancouver (391 km/243 mi), Edmonton (982 km/610 mi). For latest road conditions or distances from other locations: visit www.drivebc.ca
?By air: arriving in Vancouver International Airport – from your Asian, Australian, European and American destinations – Air Canada Jazz offers you daily four scheduled flights to the Penticton Regional Airport (YYF).
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£213|
Cancellation of the booking
You are deemed to have cancelled your booking if you fail to pay the amounts specified by the due date
Hospitality Management provide written confirmation of cancellation (such cancellation to be effective when the written confirmation is received by us);
You are behaving in villa Orion as (likely) to cause danger to any individual and damage to the Property.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.