|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
Contemporary design meets classic London in this newly-renovated period flat situated in the heart of the lively and desirable area of Angel, Islington, N1. This city retreat is just a stone’s throw away from London’s nightlife, theatre and restaurants, and minutes away from London’s best attractions, giving you the perfect base from which to begin your authentic London experience. Clean, comfortable and equipped with all the amenities you need, plus impeccable service, the apartment is ideal for families, leisure or business travellers.
This exceptional 1 bedroom property will ensure your stay is comfortable, convenient and memorable.
• A master bedroom with a king-size bed, comfortable mattress and down pillows and bedding.
• The living room, ideal for a couple and for 2 children, with a sofa-bed and 1-2 single beds- luxury blow up beds
• A baby crib and high chair can also be offered.
• A fully-equipped, modern kitchen complete with every appliance and utensil you need, including a blender, Juicer and complete food processor; oven and hob, microwave; and the latest Nespresso coffee machine with a selection of flavour capsules. Dishwasher and washing machine as well
• A bathroom with a bath and shower, fresh towels, a hairdryer and a selection of luxury soaps and shampoos from The Body Shop.
• A huge living and dining area
• A terrace outside where you can sit out and enjoy your morning Nespresso, under the shade or in the open part in the sun
• The dinner table, with chairs and stylish extra stools, means cooking and eating a delicious meal for your family or friends is easy and enjoyable – whether you’re fixing a quick bite before heading out or celebrating with a full course dinner.
• High speed broadband internet/Wi-Fi with 3 backup connections - ensures you stay connected throughout your trip – great news for our business travellers. A courtesy UK mobile phone is also provided for your use during your stay and we have power adaptors and USB charging stations throughout the apartment.
• The entertainment system comes with a 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV, a Blu-Ray and DVD player, an iPod docking station with speakers and a PlayStation PS3 console with a selection of games, keeping you (and especially the kids) occupied on rainy or tired days.
• Central heating with digital easy-to-us controls (and there’s no AC and no need for it in London)
• A handy instruction manual for every detail of your stay, plus a friendly, helpful service from myself (the owner) and my team, who offer great multilingual communication and support.
Make the most of everything this exciting city has to offer without compromising on sleep and relaxation. This apartment is located on a substantially quieter block than the rest of this busy area. The bedroom is at the back of the property, with blackout curtains, double glazed windows and the latest memory foam mattresses, all dressed in luxurious all-year cotton duvets, with 2 pillows per guest.
A baby crib and high chair can also be offered.
LOCATION AND TRANSPORT
Angel is an eclectic neighbourhood, famous for its nightlife and collection of iconic local pubs, stylish cocktails bars, renowned international restaurants and upmarket, boutique shopping. One of the most in-demand places to live in London, this safe and eco-friendly neighbourhood is also popular with celebrities – Emma Watson, Boris Johnson, James McAvoy, Colin Firth and Lily Allen are all famous faces that have called this vibrant area home in the last few years.
Yet despite it’s amazing reputation and convenient Zone 1 location, the area still has a relaxed, trendy atmosphere. Angel is frequented by local Londoners, with fewer tourists, so you can enjoy an authentic London experience with the luxury of being close to London’s attractions if you wish to explore the city.
The apartment is extremely close to many restaurants, shops, supermarkets and ATMs.
• There are 10 coffee shops within 20 metres
• There is a shopping centre 100 metres away
• There are 3 supermarkets within 50 metres
• There is a 24/7 convenience store just next door
The apartment is located on Upper Street, an extremely accessible location for all of Central London, North, South, East or West and with unbeatable transport links.
Angel tube station and Highbury-Islington tube station are both 5 minutes walk away and there is a bus stop right outside the apartment. You can even rent bicycles from automatic stations nearby.
There is public (pay and display) parking for your car, should you chose to drive into London. You can park on the street, or a nearby indoor carpark. However, we recommend public transport instead, as it’s far easier and quicker to explore London in this way.
• Oxford Street (15 minutes)
• Camden Lock Market (20 minutes)
• Regent’s Park (20 minutes)
• British Museum (20 minutes)
• Old Street and Silicone Roundabout (10 minutes)
• St Paul’s Cathedral (20 minutes)
• Shoreditch (15 minutes)
• Westminster (30 minutes)
• West End (30 minutes)
• Southbank (30 minutes)
Getting to the apartment from the airport is easy using public transport (tube, train or bus) but it’s more economical to hire a private taxi if you have a lot of luggage or many guests. I will give you the information to book this.
Our local recommendations
• Walk down to the Turkish restaurant next door for a mix-grill or Turkish breakfast; or even a full English breakfast at the Workers Café with some real London people.
• Have brunch at Ottolenghi, the flagship branch of the world-famous restaurant and patisserie. The cosy venue is minutes from the apartment, where you can enjoy incredible French toast, brownies, smoked salmon breakfasts and colourful salads.
• Enjoy a cocktail and fine dining at Hoxley & Porter, or a traditional pint at the Hope & Anchor pub.
• Buy your groceries from one of the exceptional London supermarkets or organic food stores such as Planet Organic, Waitrose or Marks & Spencer’s.
• The Blow Bar is a must-visit if you’re going somewhere special on your London visit. This boutique hair bar will wash, blow dry and style your hair in just 30 minutes.
• Diverse is a beautiful clothing boutique loved by local fashionistas where you can buy the latest chic pieces from Diane von Furstenberg, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Isabel Marant and See by Chloe.
• See a live gig at Union Chapel, a beautiful Grade II listed church that has been converted into an unbeatable live music venue.
• Family-friendly attractions in the area include the Geffrye Museum and it’s splendid Kid’s Zone, the V&A Museum of Childhood, London Zoo and an abundance of parks and outdoor spaces such as Highbury Fields, Victoria Park, Regent’s Park and London Fields. The cafes in the area also welcome families.
• Other places to visit nearby include the Dickens Museum, Camden Market, St Paul’s Cathedral, The Crystal Maze, Emirates Stadium, Spitalfields Market, Brick Lane and much more.
You can see the location map here on the website, with the precise location.
The full address will be sent to you with your booking information, along with all contacts, arrival instructions, and apartment guide and detailed transport information.
BOOKING AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
The apartment consists of a 1st floor of a renovated period building, accessed by stairs. Entry is via an intercom with buzzer for security, all doors have two locks.
It can be rented for short stays from 2-3 nights, with discounts for stays of 6 nights or more. This discount increases for 12 nights or more, and bookings can be made for stays of 2-3 months. The price is inclusive of all utility charges and taxes, with no surprise extras.
All bedding, sheets, and towels are provided, with checkout cleaning and laundry also included. Should you wish to do laundry during your stay, there is a washing machine in the apartment.
This flat is managed by a professional support team who consistently provide outstanding customer care. The multilingual team speak English, Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish, to answer all your questions and needs.
We have a housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure that your flat will be spotlessly clean upon arrival. Our housekeeping service is always eco-friendly, using only environmentally-safe cleaning products.
We welcome children, under adult supervision.
For your convenience we will meet you at the apartment on arrival so you don’t have to go to an office to collect keys. We will provide you with 2 sets of keys and all the information you will need for your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to London!
Originally from Southern Europe, and now living in London, i strive to make my properties the most accommodating in this city. My team is international and super dedicated and demanding professionals from housekeeping to maintenance and guest managers.
As a seasoned traveler myself, i understand the importance of the comfort of home as well as an adventurous experience in a new city. I combine both of these to ensure a positive, memorable experience for all of my guests.
I enjoy traveling, great food, and vibrant atmospheres and want to share that with others through our property locations. These locations are all minutes away from my friends and my favorite restaurants, bars, and shopping areas. We really love it here and know you will too!
I look forward to welcoming you to my city!
My team and I are in search of art, inspiration and excellent properties to design and convert residential homes to perfect vacation homes. Get in touch if you have a 2 bedroom apartment in Central London, and want to benefit from our service, get free property management and free maintenance.
Cheers from London,
Paul purchased this apartment in 2008
One of our favourite one bedroom flats. Great feel due to ample space and furnishings, plus a roof terrace.
Clean and comfortable
Amazing cafes, shops and restaurants, all on your doorstep, and transport to everywhere, even Eurostar to get to Paris!
A super-spacious flat, an inspiring space, with a great roof terrace, where there's covered area and open area.
3 WIFI connections in the building for business travelers.
NO NEED to go to an office to pick up apartment keys. Our friendly guest manager will be waiting for you at the apartment.
Thankyou Paulo for making our stay in the UK enjoyable. We found Paulo an excellent host both with communications and generousity. We enjoyed staying in the Apartment, being Australians and used to the wide open spaces, we asdjusted to the compact living when in London, the location is fantastic in "The Angel" with transport outside your door all the Theatres and Restaurants you could want plus great shopping. Thanyou once again Paulo we will be back. Kaye & Elizabeth
I've stayed in this flat for two weeks this July, with my husband and my kids of 5 and 8.
We were looking for a comfortable, spacious, safe and clean place for a reasonable price where we could feel at home during our vacances in London. Well located but far enough from busiest London streets (only three tube stations from Oxford Circus).
We found all that mentioned at this flat in Islington. A lively neighborhood even at night (at least in summer days...) full of restaurants, cafés, bars...(we only sorry not to have had a baby sitter!) as well as shops and supermarkets. Buses almost at the door and a short walking distance from two tube stations.
The apartment is exactly as in the pictures and video shown here. When we arrived felt as if we would already have stayed there before!
Everything we used worked well, we found all supplies we needed, especially a fully equiped kitchen. Both Bed and sofá were very confortable.
Watching a starry sky since terrace at nights was really an unespected plus......fifteen fully sunny days in London !!! ( ....was Paulo's team who managed this too?!)
We'll be back for sure.
Ideal location for splendid vacations in London. Extremely well situated in a very nice neighborhood full of small restaurants, bars and shops. Cosy and very well equipped Apartment. Staff reliable and very friendly. Highly recommended!
We had a wonderful stay in London. The location of the apartment was perfect with easy access to the tube and bus service. After a long day of sightseeing there were plenty of places to eat a late meal in the neighborhood. The apartment was fully equipped with everything we needed. The property staff were friendly and quickly responded to our questions. Thanks for making our first trip to London a great experience!
The photos and description on the web site are not accurate. The apartment is extremely small, the bathroom is grungy, the windows must be closed otherwise the mice come in, the outside terrace faces a huge noisy generator with a backyard of junk. The apartment is above a restaurant which make the unit VERY smoky- which is not outlined on the web description. The stairs are impossible to maneuver with any lugguage. The bathroom has mold with a non working flush. Because the windows are required to be closed, it is extremely hot and stuffy, especially in July. Paulo is dishonest and not really willing to help. He would not consider giving any concession in terms of payment even though we only stayed one night but paid for 10! Abominable customer service and gross misrepresentation. Beware!
I travelled to London with my wife and two young daughters and we had a perfect stay in the flat. It was just the right size for the four of us and had all the amenities and function that we needed. On top of an amazing place the location is outstanding. We could be anywhere in central London via angel or highbury/islington in minutes. Thanks for an awesome experience!!
We were four adults that spent two weeks in October 2016. Strong points regarding this apartment is its great location, quite bedroom for sleeping, and the private covered patio. The apartment was very clean and very well equipped. For instance, the kitchen was fully equipped with everything needed. I figured we would have to go out and buy some kitchen supplies, but we didn't need to do so. When we arrived, the contact person was very helpful, even helping two of us (older women) with their luggage. There are two subway stations near the apartment. This is great as one line (Victoria) takes you to Green Park, a short walk to Buckingham Palace. The other line (Northern) takes you to London Bridge. Also helpful was the proximity to several bus lines a short walk away (on Essex Street). This is great as if you want to get an early start on the day, you will find the Underground very crowded whereas the buses are not as crowded.
TV was great as they had a digital cable service and there were many stations available. It is good to get instructions on how system works as it requires using two different remotes. Wifi worked well at first but then stopped working, but we checked the instructions and a couple of backup wifis were provided and they worked. Overall, we were very pleased with this apartment. In the mornings a couple of us would get up early and fix breakfast. Having the covered patio was great as it provide a place to sit and each (where people would still be sleeping in the living room).
Last comment is regarding the neighborhood. Islington is really great! It is very vibrant neighborhood. Great (and reasonable) places to eat. First night and last night there we ate at the Greek bistro right below us. A couple of nights we got a large pizza from the Pizza Hut (right next door). There were also several grocery stores very close. Most nights on our way back to the apartment we would pick up groceries and fix our meals right in the apartment. We found that we saved a lot of money on meals this way. More importantly, we found that the experience of staying in the apartment was just as memorable as the many attractions in London.
We found it easy to get to and from the airport. You can catch the Underground at Heathrow and the line takes you to Kings Cross. Neither of these stations require walking up stairs. Then from Kings Cross, the apartment is only a ten pound ride via taxi.
Angel and Highbury and Islington underground stations are on the same street as the apartment. St.Pancras station and its Eurostar terminal to Paris and Brussels is less than a 20-minute walk away. Many buses into the centre and other parts of London can be found literally on your doorstep, and the West End can be reached in 15 minutes.
Famous for its nightlife, buzzing Angel offers an impressive choice of entertainment, from bars and restaurants, to renowned theatres such as the Almeida and Sadler’s Well Dance Theatre. Several live music venues are also close by, the Union Chapel, O2 Academy Islington and The Garage to mention some. And right on Upper Street: “Union Chapel is one of the most beautiful settings to enjoy live music in London and has a totally unique atmosphere” said Tim Arthur, editor-in-chief of Time Out London. The Grade-II listed church in Compton Street, Islington, beat competition from Brixton Academy and the Royal Albert Hall to take the top spot in Time Out magazine’s poll.
Other well-known attractions in the area include the Dickens Museum, the London Canal Museum, Camden Passage Antiques Market, Chapel Market, Columbia Road Flower Market, Brick Lane, Broadway Market, Spitalfields and Petticoat Lane. The Emirates football stadium is within walking distance, or a quick bus ride away.
The area is family friendly with attractions like the Geffrye Museum and its splendid Kids’ Zone and the V&A Museum of Childhood. There is an abundance of parks and outdoor spaces such as Highbury Fields, London Fields, Clissold Park and De Beauvoir Square. There is a wide array of child friendly cafes both on Upper Street and in surrounding areas.
o Easy walk to Oxford Street and Regents Street and Regents Park.
o Very close to Angel Tube Station (3 mins walk)
o Kings Cross St Pancras Station (8 mins walk).
o Easy walk to Business Design Centre (1 mins walk)
o Easy walk to Arsenal Football Club (15 mins walk)
o Near to Camden Lock Market (9 mins)
o Near to Regent Park (10 mins).
o Also near Euston Station and Kings Cross St Pancras Station (5 mins)
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
|Checkout cleaning & laundry||£70|
You will also get for FREE:
- early check-in and late checkout
- baby crib
- extra guest bed and beddings
- checkout cleaning included
- all bills and taxes included
- **The apartment now comes with a splendid NESPRESSO coffee machine**
The prices for special bank holidays/national holidays vary, and there are also special promotions on occasions.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.