Jaw-Dropping Caribbean Views of St. John & BVI's. Access 4 Beaches! Sleeps 6-9.
Pool / Spa
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 8
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
The condo has beautiful views. The drive up to the condo is terrifying. The beach is not a close walk. A close drive would be more accurate. There is currently only one restaurant open on the property.
A terrifying drive? Hmm...most people love it! We have some of the best views on the island, and the drive overlooks Lindquist Beach, Sugar Bay, then Margaritaville and Coki beaches, as well. Quite honestly, that drive up the hill is what sold us on the property!
We always give our guests an accurate description of our condo and the resort, as well as beach locations. We have access to 4 different beaches by foot. Yes, you can drive, or you can enjoy the nature trail to the beach. It's personal preference.
For future, maybe check out one of the resorts on flat ground if the hills bothered you. You won't get the views, but that may be more in line with what you prefer. Thank you for staying with us!
Peaceful vacation with a gorgeous view
We loved our stay! We had booked our trip in January before Corona and were so excited that the island opened in time for us to go.
It was a gift to be able to experience the island without the cruise ships. We are so glad we went during this time!!!!
On the COVID-19 front, all residents are wearing masks in public inside. Hand sanitizer is everywhere! Plus they’ve had very few cases, so we felt very safe.
The pictures represent the condo well except for the view. No photo can truly capture how beautiful it was. The condo really was spacious with plenty of seating! Check the pantry before shopping. There are spices, alcohol, etc. They also provide two beach coolers, beach chairs, noodles, sand toys. We had no issue without air conditioning in the living room; between the fans and the breeze, it was comfortable.
- Shop at Cost U Less. It’s significantly cheaper. It’s much like Costco, but no membership is required.
- Rent a Jeep. It helps with the hills and just adds to the experience.
- We took an all day boat tour to see St. John, swim with sea turtles, and snorkel. It was worth it. -Sea Kitty Tours. He picked us up at Sapphire Bay about 10 minutes away.
- We went to Coral World, which is 5 minutes away, and swam with a sea lion. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience.
- Have Passion Fruit Juice, a St. John root beer with rum, Banana Daiquiri, and a Bushwacker. The kids also loved the St. John root beer.
- We also took a tour of the island with Godfrey tours on our first day. He did a great job of giving us an overview of the island.
- Bring your own snorkel gear, because there is great snorkeling almost everywhere.
Beaches we liked:
- Sapphire Bay resort has water sports, chair rental, a bar with hamburgers and hot dogs, and good snorkeling. It is a little rocky getting in and out. Free! (10 minutes away)
- Smith Bay - It costs $5 per adult. The trees form natural cabanas, so unless you are in the water it is very private. Good snorkeling. (It’s right before Sapphire Bay Resort.)
- Magen’s Beach - $5 per adult. Beautiful beach with extremely soft sand! The sand is almost grey. (25 minutes away but worth it)
- Secret Bay Beach Resort - Great snorkeling near the beach. Fabulous restaurant - we went twice. Easy to enter and exit water. (20 minutes away passed Redhook)
- Downtown shopping - Eat at Gladys for breakfast and Side Street for lunch.
We will definitely return!
Lovely escape perfect for family with 2 teens
We loved the location of the resort where this condo is -- private yet close enough to so many great beaches and restaurants. The fish tacos and sandwich at Shoreline Grill on the property were awesome. Other favorites included Sunset Grille at Secret Harbor and Duffy's in Red Hook. Putting the rental on the car ferry and spending a day at St. Johns was a definite highlight.
Thank you so much for staying with us, Chantel! We're so glad you enjoyed yourselves. St. Thomas is such a gorgeous island. We hope you can come back again in the future!
Property was nice, we were only there for a couple days before we hopped on a catamaran. It was at the top of the hill, but enjoyed the exercise and if you didn't want to walk they had shuttles.
Thank you so much for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed yourselves!
Enjoyable stay in paradise
Pros: Beautiful views, Bernadette was very responsive, clean, nice property, close to Great beaches and ferry to St Johns.
Cons: it can be noisy at night if you get some neighbors that like to party.
Stephanie, thank you SO MUCH for your kind words. We apologize for the partying neighbors! It's usually pretty quiet, so it must have been a random partying group. Thank you for allowing us to provide our condo to you and your family. Travel safely home, and we'll see you soon!
Jeff or Kristen Wells
About Jeff or Kristen Wells
We fell in love with St. Thomas on our first trip in 2009. Two years later, we were married on Magen's and bought a condo! We decided to share our condo with folks like you who want to enjoy all the VI's have to offer. We think you'll enjoy our special getaway just as much as we do!
Jeff or Kristen Wells purchased this Resort in 2011
Why Jeff or Kristen Wells chose Estate Smith Bay
The laid-back feel of the resort is contagious, yet there are so many things to do! From enjoying 3 pools to 2 beaches, and enjoying the fabulous restaurant on premises, makes everything so convenient. And did I mention the views? Walking into our living room seeing a panorama of BLUE from our front door just never gets old.
What makes this Resort unique
Aside from enjoying the wonderful island of St. Thomas, and all the amenities that go with it (swimming, snorkeling, boating, and RELAXING), when you stay at our property, you are helping military families. Through our partnership with Wish For Our Heroes, you can ensure a military family will get to visit St. Thomas, too. With deployments, long hours and ever-changing duty stations and moves, military families sometimes just need some time together to reconnect. Your rental will assist us in providing that opportunity to military families that may not otherwise be able to afford a vacation, or travel to the Virgin Islands. It's just one small way to give back to the men and women that sacrifice so much for us.