4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, Sleeps 10
Pool / Spa
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
First Dual-Family Stay at 5 Beachside Drive
We just completed our first stay at Sea Pines after being loyal Hilton Head vacationers for years. The layout of 5 Beachside was ideal for two families (each with two adults and two young children). The photos don't do justice to the living space, which is perfect for spreading out and enjoying downtime. We utilized the Carolina Room as a play area and the screened porch as a yoga/workout area and adults' retreat after the kids' bedtime. The kitchen was well stocked and dining table was spacious enough for all 8 of our guests. A small pool is a stone's throw from the front door and the Salty Dog Cafe and boardwalk are directly across the street. Harbourtown is a quick drive as well.
- Cleanliness: Mold in downstairs master bath; floors throughout the home need a thorough cleaning, especially since the unit is marketed to large parties which likely include children.
- Wifi and cable service went out completely Fri-Sat (not reported since it was so late in our stay)
- Use garbage disposal sparingly--we had to request a service call (though tech did fix the issue quickly)
- Small refrigerator, especially for large parties who intend to cook meals in the unit
- Though the home has ocean views, proximity to the beach is deceiving. Sand dunes make the walk to the beach difficult with children and beach gear.
- Cosmetic: Decor appears cheap, worn and outdated (stains on furniture, knobs missing on dressers, etc.). Owners have obviously invested in the addition of new living space; however, our party was disappointed in the lack of attention paid to furnishings.
Family Vacation Paradise
This is the 2nd year we rented this house for my kids and grandkids....wonderful location, great family house, perfect for all 10 of us! In fact, I already rented this beautifully appointed house for 2017! Highly recommended!!
Our stay was outstanding. The screened in porch was wonderful. The Carolina room was a favorite. Having two master bedrooms was awesome!!! The views are incredible. The house is set up so people can spread out if needed or all come together and meet in the same place - perfect for vacations.
Concerns (if you can call them that - maybe suggestions)
Grill - only one burner is working.
Recycling - having a list of what can be recycled and what cannot would be helpful. We are from Nebraska and in laws are from Chicago and we had different ideas of what could be recycled and what couldn't.
Cleaning - showers were not clean when arrived. Soap still there from previous week and mold on shower curtain. Everything else was very clean. Not a big issue for our family but might be for other families.
Enjoyed the convenience of pool close enough to walk with small children.the pool was clean and well kept.the salty dog cafe and marina were also a short walk away-was so nice to eat,shop,and enjoy the music outside and have ice cream.my favorite with the beach house was the great room-open den-and screened patio areas.It felt spacious with the view of the path to the ocean and could actually see ocean from the patio.we had a wonderful family vacation at this beach house.I will say the walk to the beach was too lengthy for us.very quiet and peaceful location.