About the property
- Chalet4305 sq. ft.
- Separate WC's0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Stunning views, remote with no neighbours, and 5 bedrooms
This romantic chalet is located at 1,500 meters in altitude in the middle of the mountain. The closest neighbour is 200 meters away (can't see them from the house).The location is extremely peaceful. The view is uninhibited, and you get a stunning panorama of the alps.
In the winter you can put on and off your skies at the house, as you can ski to the slopes from the chalet. Where you are connected to the whole Adelboden/Lenk ski aerea ,59 ski slopes,with lot's of little restaurants on the slopes.
In the summer you are surrounded by beautiful hikes, as well as mountain biking, river rafting and paragliding.
You are at a 10 minute drive from the village center (Lenk), where you have a 5 star hotel for a visit to the beautiful spa after a cold day skiing.
The house has approximately 400 m2 living space, eat-in kitchen, 2 living rooms with fire place, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, children room, a large 'carnotzet' (a large typical mountain room to make dinner parties).
Very good cook,as well driver included.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
About Brigitta Notz
I live in Gstaad and love being outdoors and doing sports. I spend as much time as I can on the ski slopes in the winter and hiking in the summer in the Lenk aerea !
Brigitta Notz purchased this Chalet in 2000
Why Brigitta Notz chose Lenk im Simmental
I bought this property because I fell in love with it the second I laid my eyes on it.
What makes this Chalet unique
You can ski form the house to one of the best ski resorts in Switzerland, as well as 16 km of cross-country skiing tracks and heli-skiing. In the summer you are surrounded by beautiful hikes, as well as mountain biking, river rafting and paragliding.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
A great place for family with lovely view.
A great place with total privacy. Beautiful scenery .
thank u,was nice having u !
Do not hesitate to have meals prepared FOR YOU.
We have considerable experience in renting houses since we stay in many vacation homes annually in North America, Hawaii and Europe. This one is right up there with the best.
1) We ate out in Lenk the first night. BIIIIGGGG mistake. The inhouse cook (lives in the ground floor) provided the four of us with spectacular meals during the remainder of our stay. Don't make the same mistake -- have her cook for you starting day one. We just paid for the groceries. This service alone makes this rental above and beyond, not to mention the following:
2) Words cannot describe how wonderful and interesting a place this is to stay. We spent time looking at every detail in the house, and on our second and subsequent passes through, found even more new and interesting details. Spectacular and beyond. Artifacts, building construction and reconstruction, rebuild quality, art on the walls, evidence here and there from 1000 occupants over 100+ years, the colors in the bare wood......it just goes on and on.
3) Everything works. No kidding. Completely unexpected for a building this age. Serious effort was put into rebuilding this thing maybe 15 years ago. Electrical is solid. Heating is solid. Plumbing is solid. Windows are quality double pane. Even the wonderful old door latches and hinges many of which were undoubtedly original install all worked. I spent an hour just looking at the ancient, artful yet functional hardware.
4) did I mention location? Getting here from the Lenk in the valley involves a wonderful, sometimes tight winding one lane road as are so many off the beaten path in Switzerland and other parts of Europe, but traffic is rare and places to pass are common, and it really doesn't take long. The views are spectacular, whether it's just watching weather come and go or enjoying the Alps in view. The location is well up off the valley floor perched near the edge -- we spend a lot of time researching to find this kind of location for homes for our travels, and this location met our standards. Hard to do.
5) Bring house slippers or heavy socks since the wooden floors can occasionally produce a splinter if you are not careful. But the wooden floors are just spectacular. Some of the planks are 18 inches wide or more, and have the wonderful character associated with flooring that has been walked on by so many.
In summary, this is quite possibly the most unique and interesting house we stayed in from many respects. Do not hesitate to consider this.
Thank you so much for this lovely description of your stay.You have been wonderful guests,very uncomplicated,discovering the aerea around.
Hope to see you again !
Ps: you should be,or are a writer :-)
Thanx a lot
I loved staying in this house; it is full of atmosphere and the old age gives it a lot of charm.
The location is great, as there are no neighbours and one feels really remote.
We will be back
What a wonderful property in a great part of Switzerland!
Our family stayed here for several days - wished we had planned for more! Brigitta was very helpful directing us where to buy our groceries and met us and showed us all around and gave recommendations for some wonderful wandering! Kini was very attentive and a wonderful cook! Beautiful views everywhere looking out at surrounding mountains and down into the valley. Peaceful, very comfortable, and an exquisitely beautiful chalet! The area offers so many things to do you will want to stay more than a week!! We all left feeling so rejuvenated and in awe of the beauty! Morris Family
Thank u for ur lovely comments,I m happy u enjoyed ur stay !
Absolutely the most charming and beautiful chalet
We stayed two times in this wonderful chalet, ones in the winter and ones in spring.Both times we've had the best time. The service is great and the chalet is very charming and cosy although it is spacious enough to stay with larger groups.
The food was excellent and I found Anja (the help) really good with children.We could ski al day and the kids had the best time with her.I can really recommend everybody to stay here who loves skiing in Adelboden area as well as anybody who loves to hike and enjoy the beautiful views of mountain flowers and waterfalls
Thanx,got it finally !
16 km crosscountry skiing