REMAINING AUGUST DATES are discounted by 25% ... Friday and Saturdays are $412 per night instead of $550
Sunday through Thursday are $300 per night instead of $400
NUMBER OF GUESTS:
• The Maine Ski House DOES sleep 18 in beds, but 6 of the beds are twin bunks and 4 of them are upper bunks.
• Therefore, we request the MAXIMUM number of adults staying are 10-12 and the children (people under 18) can be any number, as long as the total number of people does not exceed 18.
What makes us different and why, we think, our repeat guest rate is 50%:
We provide everything you need to make a "house" function as "home". When you stay with us, you will find we provide all bathroom products (toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner/body soap/hand soap) and even clips to 'mark' your towel so you know which one is yours. We even provide three "Oops, I forgot my..." baskets which have toothbrushes, toothpaste, Q-tips, razors, shaving cream, hand cream, feminine products, floss, and more! We provide all linens and towels and give you full access to the beautifully organized linen closet in case you need more items. You will not find the throw away salt and pepper in our home because we provide a plethora of kitchen staple (spices, oils, baking products such as flour/sugar/baking soda) that are constantly being added to by our guests, who are avid chefs from what we have seen! We love seeing the interesting items people have donated to our spice cabinet. We also provide aluminum foil, baggies, Seran wrap, parchment paper, storage containers for left overs, and plenty of napkins, and paper towels and garbage bags. No need to decide who is getting the dish detergent and dish washing products because we provide those also. We try very hard to keep a back up of coffee grounds, because there is nothing worse than realizing nobody brought coffee, and there is always a nice jar of different tea bags available.
From our years of traveling with large groups to home that literally provided nothing and knowing how difficult that was to divide up among travelers as we arrived and departed, we try very hard to provide everything you could possibly need for your stay whether it is 2 nights or 7.
On the bottom shelf of the pantry we have an air popcorn maker and popcorn kernels so there is always something to snack on.
We like to say all you need to bring is your clothing, toiletries (but even if you forget something, we likely have a backup), and your food and drinks.
On June 23, 2016 we were SELECTED AND FEATURED BY HOMEAWAY AS one of only seven:
"Super-cool vacation rentals for kids"! So you can rest assured our home IS the amazing kid-friendly home it appears to be because even HomeAway has selected us from thousands of options! Google HomeAway and
"7 sweet vacation rentals to captivate your kids"
New in May 2015...
for Hobbit Fans and 'kids' of all ages, the Hobbit Playhouse will be something that you have never seen before. It was assembled on-site by Wooden-Wonders of Unity Maine. It has hard wood floors and two windows so playing and hanging out in it should be comfortable all summer long. I
It has a play stove/oven set and table and two chairs from IKEA and some cute "fabric" food and other fun toys.
It also has a couch that flattens out to a full bed, which is a great place to take an afternoon nap!
We hope our 'littlest' guests, and those with huge imaginations, will love the idea of a Hobbit Hole and have hours of imaginative play time in it.
***THE HOBBIT HOLE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE WINTER SEASON FROM NOVEMBER UNTIL MID-MAY***
At THE MAINE SKI HOUSE we try to offer something to keep everyone happy:
• Horseshoe Pit and Fire Pit: In July 2014 we built a Horseshoe Pit and Fire Pit, which have been great additions to the outdoor space. There is nothing like sitting around a fire on a chilly summer or fall night, making S'Mores, and watching a competitive game of Horseshoes.
• 12+ Adirondack chairs around the fire pit
• Deck: We have a large second story deck that has enough space for people to be doing different things but still all be able to chat and socialize:
• 6 person round hot tub
• gas grille
• 6 Adirondack chairs
• Child sized picnic table
• Two-person wooden swing
• We have an unusual feature that you will not find at most houses: an IN-HOUSE TREASURE HUNT for kids of all ages- literally! Join in the fun, or just watch as the participants go room to room for answers to over 20 questions. The completed answers lead them to a hidden treasure chest full of surprises and treats.
• The open KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING areas can keep everyone together for meals, socializing, and game playing. The island seats 4 and the pub-height table seats 14. The well equipped kitchen is a cooks dream as there are ample supplies and prep areas for several people to help. There is a ton of cabinet storage, a pantry with slide-out shelves, an extra fridge in the pub, and a beverage fridge by the coffee center. We also have a gas GE Cooktop with a center griddle for pancakes, a Kitchen-Aid mixer, a hot-air popcorn popper, a 3-pot fondue pot, and a chocolate fountain, and plenty of pretty bowls, platters, containers for amazing meals cooked by the 'chefs' in your group.
•The THREE CUB PUB, in the basement level, will keep you feeling like you are in your very own pub and wondering if you ever have to leave the house at night. It has two flat screen TV’s for game-viewing from every angle. There is a sink, seating for 6, and a Jimmy Buffet Margarita Maker which also makes perfect slushies for kids!
*Classic 1980’s Arcade game has 60 classic games such as PAC MAN and Galaga
•The OZ REC ROOM:
• Wii on its own TV
• Xbox 360 on its own TV
• 55” TV for watching one of our 120+ movies or TV or the internet
• Foosball game
• Board games such as Apples to Apples, Cranium, Clue, Scrabble
•For small children: a train table with wooden trains and tracks, a log-home furnished doll house, IKEA children's table and chairs, some toys and books
for young children