This unique apartment (6 guests, 2 bedrooms, 75 m2) is in a Montmartre 19th century building. It is in the district of the old Montmartre village quiet street featuring many romantic artists studios. Visit the famous place du bateau Lavoir. This is where many famous artists lived, PICASSO, MODIGLIANI, Albert CAMUS, Max JACOB.
The owner has completely redesigned the apartment. On access to the apt by one flight of stairs.
The architect played with the former apartment decoration: he selected some of the valuable antique wooden furniture, re-used some stained-glass doors, and kept the “tapisserie” on some of the living room walls as well as the full white marble bathroom. Alternatively he created a contrast by designing a modern kitchen with bright colors which links the living room, one of the bedroom and the bathroom.
• Entering the apartment, the first glimpse is the view over Paris through the large left window. The light sprinkles over the stained-glass doors of the bedroom which is on the right.
• The bedroom offers a queen size bed. It is equipped with large bookshelves. The bedroom window has a view over the calm rue d’Orchamps (semi pedestrian). When stained glass doors are slid open, light comes from both sides of the bed.
• After entrance, one steps in the exceptionally large living room. It has 3 tall windows. It is furnished with a large antique wooden table, and a sofa corner with armchairs and extra chairs (on photos the sofa has not been delivered yet). The sofa will be a comfortable convertible sofa (may sleep to adults for short stay).
• The kitchen is a separate room, fully equipped including dishwasher and washer drier. It is brand new and colorful modern designs. One walks through the kitchen from the living room to reach the master bedroom and the bathroom.
• The master bedroom offers a queen size bed. It has 2 windows with view over Paris. It is equipped with a wooden (& valuable) wardrobe close to the bathroom. Toilets are inside the bathroom.
• The original white marble of the bathroom and the faucets were kept. The look is art déco type. It is equipped with a bath with shower, and has a high window.
As a bonus, Phone calls to land lines in France, and to US, Canada and Australia are generally free. It is also true for more than 50 countries. More over, calls to cell phones towards specific countries (often US & Canada) may also be free. Ask us for detail as it may vary with time and policies of operators.
SACRE COEUR church is 3 minute walking distance. Les abbesses, the trendy part of Montmartre is close : many restaurants, shops and nice café terraces. The ABBESSES SUBWAY station is 2 minute walk. PIGALLES & BLANCHE stations are only 3 minute away. This location is a perfect base to visit Paris. It stays 15 minute by subway to most interesting Paris locations AND is a very charming & restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums...
Last point, we are staying 1 block away. We are here if you need help
E-mail Strongly Preferred - Fast & Detailed answer - Click on 'Submit'
Keywords: Montmartre, view over Paris, sacre-coeur, family, design, 2 bedrooms, flat, apartment, Paris, location, best, price, comfortable, perfect, light, calm, unique, charming, value for money, affordable, Moulin rouge, gazette, safe, painters, artists, Picasso, garden