Comfortable lake front log cabin studio loft on deep water cove on the largest lake in NC. It's located at 433 Sundown Rd. in Mooresville. This comfortable 850 square foot log cabin loft is nestled upstairs in the trees above a detached garage with a great view of Lake Norman, which can be enjoyed from the comforts of the loft or from the 28' screened in porch.
All of my properties are non-smoking, no pets.
Walk in the front door and head upstairs to your retreat. You do not share the cabin. The rental is one large open room above a detached garage (no one reads this so I add it again) with everything you need (the main house is next door). The only walls and doors are to the large bathroom and closet. I add this because I have had request for 6 adults which I can't in good conscience accept.
The cabin is a no smoking no pets rental. Smoking is fine outside the cabin.
This is a great couples retreat, or couple with a couple of children. My brother and his wife, their two boys and two of the boys friends have stayed there, but that is stretching the limit of 'comfortable.'
Basically Boys and Girls if you can get your significant other in the car with a few clothes it is a great surprise destination. I don't do large parties. I add this because I get numerous requests for large birthday parties, weddings, receptions, family reunions and you name it I have probably been asked. I'm just not equipped for large crowds or even crowds above 6. If you want to rent the boat or have a small cook out for about 12 max I will try to accommodate you as long as everyone is leaving before bedtime. Thanks for understanding.
If you are coming looking for real estate and you don't have an agent yet I can refer you to one of a couple that I refer to. They are excellent and will respond to your needs. There have been at least 8 guests who have purchased on the lake and sometimes depending on location we will look at the property by water. Let me know when you are making the reservations and I will connect you with an agent and you can start to narrow your search before you arrive.
- Kitchen furnished with granite counter-tops and black appliances, along with a coffee maker, pots pans, utensils, etc. All you need to bring is your food and shopping is close, within 3 miles of the loft.
- Living area is complete with a 46" flat screened TV, an array of DVDs and queen-sized futon for extra guests or children. Air mattress is also available.
- Large bathroom with tub/ shower, and washer/dryer. Sheets, bath towels, wash and hand towels, along with beach towels are provided.
- Large and small coolers for you to use.
- Large walk in closet.
- Wireless internet .
- Night time climb into the plush queen-sized Log Bed.
- Dock privileges with boat ramp close by, so you can bring your boat! The next door neighbors allow me to use their ramp as long as I am here. Their price is a 12 pack of Miller Lite which they leave in my refrigerator so they can just show up and have a beer.
-From previous requests, I now have a beautiful 23ft. Bennington Pontoon with a 115HP 4 stroke Yamaha available to rent. $225/ day, or $45 / hour. Best price on the lake. Check it out, others are $250/ day to $450/ day on weekends and you have to go to them. This one is tied up at the dock waiting for you. Requires a $500 fully refundable cash deposit and signed rental agreement. Take it out full of gas and bring it back full and in good condition and your $500 will be handed right back to you. Please request the boat with initial request for cabin rental in case there should be a maintainence issue I can inform you, or occasionally I get requests from non guests for rentals.
-Floats, skis, kneeboard and tube are included in the boat rental.
Or if you would prefer to make advanced arrangements I will Captain you out for $100 per hour gas included. I will take you fishing for the same price. Skiing or tubing $125 / hour.
- Take the cabin and boat for the week for $2,200 saving $425 off daily rental rates on each. this takes into account you may have a rainout day or two.
- Two 10' fishing/paddling Kayaks with paddles and paddling vests $20/ day each or $85 week each.
- Picnic shelter comes fully equipped with a gas and charcoal grills, ceiling fan, TV, swing and table and chairs. Hammock is available in the large open yard facing the lake.
During your stay you are free to lounge around swim or fish on the boat dock or on the pontoon boat. You are also welcome to ride along if you see the 'Captain' going out for a ride. I usually try to give you a little notice if know I'm going out.
In the summer when the tomatoes are ripe you can pick a fresh one to slice for a sandwich or a burger.
Laidback is here, where are you?
Come spend a little time with me and my threee knucklehead pups. Meet my golden retriever Beau and my two rescues Jangles and Bizkit. They are very entertaining and love having guests visit. Beau loves "tug of war" Jangles loves belly rubs and Bizkit loves sleeping and food.
- Race City race park - 5 minutes
- Earnhardt's DEI - 15 minutes
- Charlotte Motor Speedway - 30 minutes
- Charlotte Bobcats, Panthers and Checkers arenas, as well as NASCAR Museum, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center and EpiCenter (downtown) - 30 minutes
- Charlotte Knights baseball - 30 minutes
- Davidson College - 10 minutes UNCC 30 minutes
- Lowes Corporate Headquarters and Lake Norman Regional Hospital - 5 minutes
Payment & Deposit
- 50% payment, via cash or check, will be due in order to confirm reservation. Remaining balance will be required 30 days prior to arrival. For rental call or email to confirm reservation. Then send check to Mark Hall 433 Sundown Rd. Mooresville, NC 28117.
- 95% refund will be provided for reservations cancelled more than 90 days from date of arrival.
- 50% refund for cancellations within 30-90 days of date of arrival if unit can not be rented for full price.
- 25% refund for cancellations within 30 days of date of arrival if unit can not be re-rented at full price.
- $100 processing fee deducted from all deposit refunds less than 90 days if unit re-rents at full price.
-Refunds will be made via personal check first class mail.
Check in is 3:00pm. Check out is 11:00am. Every effort will be made to accomodate early check in and later check out times if other rentals or availability make it possible. Just ask.
Keywords: Studio, Garage Apartment, Loft, Pontoon Boat Rental