Enjoy the beautiful countryside of Tuscany in a 14th century traditional Tuscan villa - ex Hunting Lodge, full of character and situated only a few minutes away from Florence city centre ( approx. 3 km to Ponte Vecchio).
The Hunting Lodge Il Melograno can accommodate up to 11 people (or up to 13/14 by renting also the cottage LImonaia) and lies nestled among the green hills of the Tuscan countryside in an historic part of Florence.
Dating back to the 14th century and situated in the Paradiso degli Alberti (Heaven of the Alberti, family of Leon Battista Alberti,it was used as the hunting lodge and guest house for the main Villa , which has a stunning Italian Garden with its beautiful maizes (where pestigious dinners or memorable birthday parties, or romantic weddings can be organised on request)
Enjoy the private swimming pool surrounded by olive and cypress trees with squirrels and pheasants running around while being in walking distance of the principal museums and architectural masterpieces of the amazing city of Florence...
the winter months, relax by the beautiful big Tuscan sandstone fireplace, reading a book in the cosy atmosphere reminiscent of the bygone past...
The fascinating grounds and flower garden with old terracotta flower pots scattered around and some fruit trees are reserved for guests are part of the ancient villa.
- 4 bedrooms (3 ensuite). Three of the bedrooms are prepared as double beds, one room has two single beds. The bedrooms are all furnished with big wardrobes and most of the bathrooms have been newly renovated.
- small living room
Ground floor :
-living room with big screen TV (ski channels) with dvd player, board games as well as history and literature books and beautiful sandstone tuscan fire place.
- dining room with volted ceilings and beautiful velvet blue antique high chairs can accomodate up to 10 people with the possibility of adding a further table to accomodate up to 12/13 people.
- fully fitted and equipped country kitchen (cooker, oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine).
- a further bedroom with ensuite bathroom and double bed
The rooms are furnished with antique furniture and paintings, so as to keep the tuscan ancient feeling of the villa
Romantic dinners or sunny breakfast can be enjoyed in the garden under the olive trees, on the garden table and chairs provided. The swimmingpools offers a jacuzzi and sunloungers.
Within close distance of the city centre (5/10 minutes by car, 3 km to the Ponte Vecchio), yet hearing the birdsong and the joyous ringing of the Badiuzza bells and seeing the squirrels and pheasants running around.
- swimming pool among olive trees, open during summer months with sun loungers, garden chairs and tables for a sunny breakfast or a romantic dinner.
- parking available within the property
- bus stop at entrance to property
- Wi-Fi and satellite TV
- pizza oven
If your party is bigger than 11 people, please enquire about our detached cottage, Limonaia, situated in the same property, leading out to the swimmingpool area.
Cooking courses, catering, dinners, tuscan tours can be arranged on request. welcome basket is provided.