This 80 square meter (861 square feet) two-bedroom two-bathroom apartment is located in a charming and newly renovated five-story townhouse, steps from Saint Sulpice, Saint Germain des Près, and the lovely Jardin de Luxembourg. The house is found on one the most prestigious addresses in Paris - the elegant, quiet, wide and very safe Rue de Tournon (also home to the French Senate and the Garde Républicaine). There are only two residential units on the top floors of this building, and both of them belong to the same owner. The bottom floors are occupied by a discrete art gallery open only by appointment.
This flat was fully renovated recently by an interior designer using the finest materials and finishes, including a top of the line made-to-measure kitchen with Lacanche stove, granite countertops, antique oak and slate floors, exposed wooden beams, custom wood library, and luxurious bathrooms finished in travertine, antique teak floors, tumbled marble tiles, and with Horus faucets. There is air conditioning in all rooms.
This unit faces full west and the living room is flooded with sunshine all afternoon until sunset (which occurs around 10pm in the summer!) The bedrooms are quiet and face an interior courtyard.
It can sleep up to 5 people (including a sofa bed for one person). Please note that the second bedroom and bathroom have a separate entrance on the same landing, as you can see on the below floor plan.
Below are the main characteristics:
• Double glazed windows
• AC: high powered central AC units in all rooms
• Central heating (water heating) for those who prefer traditional French “radiateurs”
• Washer dryer (in the apartment)
• Low voltage lighting with dimmers
• View : beautiful direct view of the Hotel de Nivernais (1753), Garde Républicaine headquarters, and the Saint Sulpice bell towers
• Exposure : full west with sunlight until dusk
• Materials: old beams, antique oak floor
• Living room furniture and dining table to entertain 10 people
• Sound system and music speakers
• Materials: antique oak floor mixed with slate tiles, granite countertop, Horus faucets
• Custom cabinets by Belgium designer
• Top of the line appliances: Lacanche stove, Bosch refrigerator
• High end china and entertaining pieces
• Cabinets by Belgium designer
• Flat screen TV
• Queen bed (could be replaced by two twin beds on demand)
BATHROOM 1 (en suite with bedroom 1)
• Materials: travertine tiles, antique teak floor, Horus faucets
• Separated toilet
BEDROOM 2 (accessed by a separate entrance on the same landing)
• Cabinets by Belgium designer
• Emery tiles and carpet
• Twin beds
BATHROOM 2 (en suite with Bedroom 2)
• Materials: tumbled marble tiles, Horus faucets
Rental price is detailed in « rates » section, it includes:
• Staff greeting upon arrival
• light cleaning twice a week
• Full cleaning on departure
• Driver (airport pick up)
This apartment is ideally situated in the middle of all the best that the left bank has to offer! Rue de Tournon is the continuation of the very central Rue de Seine, which runs through the heart of St Germain des Pres. The closest metro stops are Odeon and Mabillon, both which are a 2-3 minute walk from the apartment. The beatiful Jardin de Luxembourg is a one minute walk away from the flat as is the Eglise Saint Sulpice. The Carrefour de L'Odeon is a two minute walk away, and a little farther (five minutes on foot) is the Eglise Saint Germain and Cafe de Flore.
Keywords: Flat, Paris, charm, style, high end, designer, luxury, luxurious, best, central, St Germain, Saint Germain, Odeon, St Sulpice, Saint Sulpice, Notre Dame