A-Frame On 17 Acres - 3 bedrooms/1 bath - sleeps 8 maximum
About ~Pamela A.
Family of 8, many good memories growing up in this cabin :)
~Pamela A. purchased this Cabin in 2002
Why ~Pamela A. chose Ulysses
Easy access to - Denton Hill. Grand Canyon of PA. Corning Glass. Cherry Springs State Park. Lyman Park. Simplicity. Nature. Great family adventures or romantic get-a-ways
What makes this Cabin unique
The pond adds year round entertainment. Hike to stream behind property. Peaceful, Charming Cabin, private.
smoking prohibited inside buildings
Minimum age of primary renter:25
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Nice Area for star gazing
My family I really enjoyed staying here. There were plenty of games inside the cabin that we played for family time and the views of the stars were amazing there. We were able to enjoy them more here than at Cherry Springs State park which was about 45 minute drive away. We really enjoyed having campfires and roasting marshmallows and cooking hot dogs and moon pies in the fire. It was a really nice place to escape to and just relax and enjoy nature. It was about 45 minute drive from PA Grand Canyon which was beautiful!
Great value for families.
Thanks for a great getaway weekend! Our kids loved the local outdoor activities and other activities a short drive away. Great value for our family. We enjoyed the frog/toad sounds and the epic dark skies.
Not really accurate listing.
Home was dirty and smelled of mildew. Screen doors couldn' t open without falling off tracks. We live in and love old houses but this property should not be rented out in this condition.
It certainly was a hot and humid time of the year. With the cabin in the woods closed up between visitors it can get stuffy. I will have the care taker double check certain areas. It is always interesting to hear the differences in reviews from one week to the next, so many personal preferences and expectations. The listing description conveys the simplicity of a cabin in the woods. It's not for everyone, those that love it, love it and return :)
Our Week at the Cabin
Our stay at the cabin was wonderful! We decided to come here for our honeymoon to just relax and explore.
The cabin is very simple, no frills, and sufficient for our needs. It had utensils and pots/pans so we cooked a majority of our meals. The washer/dryer were super handy and it was very nice to go home with all the laundry done. The bedrooms are comfortable. We loved the upstairs balcony and being serenaded by the frogs every night! The frog pond was fun to walk by and there are games and movies in the cabin. We took a rainy day rest from exploring and watched Home Alone 2 and played games on the porch!
The cabin is also in a great location, 1-3 hours from a variety of state parks. We checked out Kinzua Bridge State Park (1.25 hours), Kinzua Dam (2 hours), Lyman's Run (35 minutes), Wellsboro (1 hour), the PA Grand Canyon (Leonard Harrison and Colton Point State Parks), Cherry Springs State Park (45 minutes), and Niagara Falls (2 1/2 hours).
Pam is a great communicator and we had no issues getting in touch with her (once we were a few miles away from the cabin for service ;) ). We would definitely stay here again and would love to bring friends up!
-Luis and Elizabeth V.
*The owner was very responsive to questions and, although we never met, she seemed very kind in her communications.
*The property is off the beaten path and pretty private, but still within visual view of neighbors, which felt safer.
*The pond had lots of salamanders and we had ducks stop by for visits sa couple of times.
* The heater worked great.
* If it hadn't been cloudy, I think we would have had a a great view of the stars.
* I expected the cabin to be simple and nothing fancy, but it was far more run-down that I'd anticipated. It looked much nicer in the photos, so we were pretty disappointed.
* The sliding doors were really old and hard to open. You had to wiggle them open and closed so they wouldn't come off the tracks, and the glass on them was permanently clouded.
* The couch and chairs were in poor shape, with stuffing coming out in some areas. The LR curtains were falling off, and you couldn't open/close them with the cords. The bedding was old and stained.
* The deck and balconies seemed pretty worn out, so I was worried about their stability.
* Add more stone on the driveway, because it was pretty muddy in front of the bridge walkway.
* Replace the sliding doors, and some of the bedding and LR furniture.
* Leave directions on how to light the oven. The stove was easy, but we weren't sure how to light the oven. We didn't know where to put the match, and didn't want to get burned.
* Add a blind to the kitchen sliders.
* The man in the garage loft window was really creepy, lol!
That old man came from Dutch Wonderland when they had their final sales prior to selling to Hershey Park, my dad made many display items! I am glad the pond was full of life too. I am surprised by some comments as my husband was just there in March. I will certainly have the caretaker double check things to make sure the all the mattress covers are still in place and lubricate the sliders. We will take your suggestions under consideration for improvements. Spring is a wet and muddy time and the weather is unpredictable as far as star gazing. When it's a good night -- it's a spectacular night!!
This was the perfect weekend get away. Exactly what we were looking for. Can't wait to come back!
So glad you enjoyed your simple weekend away, unplugged and connected to nature. Please come another season!
Star gazing, getting unplugged