1 bedroom, 1 full bathroom, sleeps 4
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
Start relaxing... you're on South Andros.
South Andros... forget your daily worries, no stress here.
We stayed at Greg's place for 5 days. It is located a few hundred meters from the airport. Greg will pick you up by bike... :-) He will stay in the cottage next to yours and is always available for questions or anything that might come up. Great guy!
Mind you that South Andros is not a tourist destination, but rather a peaceful and quiet destination with no stress. Rent a car, the Island is too big. There are no ATM's. Just one bank where you would be able to retrieve some cash, but better to bring some.
The few grocery shops carry a limited amount of items. We found one shop though that was well stocked and worth the drive (20-30 minutes). It's called Seaville Foodstore (closed on Saturdays) in Kemps Bay. You cannot get lost on South Andros, theres just one road.
Things to do:
1. Snorklers: blue holes at Mars Bay (perfect round blue hole - no fish; visit at low tide) and the 2 blue holes just North of Kemps Bay (lots of fish!!).
2. Scuba: inland blue holes, "Coral garden".
4. Hiking: blue hole trail.
3. We liked the food at Skipper's bar (just North of Kemps Bay). Get conch in as many possible ways as you can (fried, salad, etc).
South Andros... glad we've been.
Very nice cottage with everything you need !
You can cook yourself
very nice people, the owner Greg is so kind and helpfull, if you need help Greg is here .
Beautifull Beach in front only for you, you can walk during one hour on the beach it's so relaxing !!
Groceries aside the cottage, everything is aside, beach, groceries, snorkeling
We will come back next year
the people are so kind
Thank you Greg and see you next year
If you'd like to step away from resorts,casinos,hoards of tourists,cruise ships, and REALLY live in a Bahamian neighborhood for a week or two, you couldnt do ANY better than this sweet cottage,on the most beautiful,isolated beach I've EVER seen-and I've seen MANY Caribbean beaches.First of all the owner is wonderful to deal with,and he has furnished his cottage with everthing you could want. You DEFINITELY need a car-there's just SO much to see and explore,and he'll give you the name of an excellent car rental agency,who will meet you at the airport with your car.And the locals...What can I say except they are the nicest,funniest people I've ever met. You'll HAVE to meet LIGHTY who's the island historian and can tell you ANYTHING you might want to know about the island and it's people.The resturants were great-lots of conch and fresh fish,and there's a phone in the house to call ahead and order what you'd like later in the day.NO Wendys or Micky D'S here. Our favorites were EZRENAS(Driggs Hill),SKIPPERS(KEMPS BAY) and JEFFS(Congo Town).The owners all take GREAT pride in their food and it shows.The snorkling was excellent-and it's only a short swim straight out in front of the house.M and M grocery store(The Bluff) had good steaks,good cheese and YUMMY Rum Raisin ice cream.There was plenty of hot water for the shower, and we took a length of rope, that we strung up between two coconut trees,and washed clothes in the tub,and dried our clothes-Bahamian style-on the clothes line. There was always a good breeze so it took only a short time to dry.We only left South Andros a few days ago, and we're ALREADY plotting how to get back as soon as possible.It's really hard to imagine a place-and people like these-exsisting in our fast paced world.Also, there's two nice mountain bikes for a bit of exercise-IF you can tear yourself away from that beach.Thanks Greg,for such an INCREDIBLE experience.Gloria and John,S.Carolina
Quiet and relaxing getaway
I spent five nights in the cottage, and Greg was a gracious host. He arranged for our pickup from the airport and checked in to ensure we were satisfied during our stay.The cottage has air conditioning, which is a must have at certain times of the year in Andros. Temperatures while I was there ranged from a low of 80 to a high of 95 with high humidity.
Some things you should know about Congo Town and South Andros before making your reservation:
1) The people there are very nice. We felt safe and welcome the entire time.
2) There are no ATM machines or facilities that accept credit cards so bring cash.
3) There are few places to dine and the best is "Oh Yea" operated by Jeffrey Ferguson (the poor guy). Food is excellent and he makes a great daiquiri.
4) For anyone accustomed to having nearby services, including grocery stores, forget it. If you want provisions, bring them with you. We were not aware of the severe limitations in terms of stores when we booked our stay, and had to quickly adjust and make do with what little we had. The grocery stores carry very few items and they operate with limited hours. Drinking water must be purchased and unless you are there when fresh fruits are in season, the choices are extremely limited.
5) Be sure to arrange for transportation. We managed to borrow some bicycles from a neighbor but were fortunate to be able to do so. Without them we would have been in trouble as there is nothing within a short walk from the cottage.
6) The beach is fantastic. The barrier reef is just off shore and easily reachable by swimming, though we did not have snorkel gear to get there.
7) As they say on the island, relax yourself. It is very laid back and relaxing. But bring bug spray as the critters are out in the evening. And they're brutal.
the property is minutes away from the airport ,it has natural vegetation it is less than aminute walk to the white sandy beach.It offers a relaxing atmophere for those who want to get away from the hustle of city life.You can go bird watching for the anglers you can go bonefishing you can look at the ocean from your bedroom.