|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
*PLEASE ASK ABOUT OUR MANY OTHER PROPERTIES
Location, Location, Location (short walk to the famous white sands of Playa Avellanas)
Luxury 3 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom Beach House in Playa Avellanas, with ice cold AC, excellent ventilation, ocean breezes, and ceiling fans throughout.
Each bedroom is equipped with a brand new 32" flat screen with Apple TV & Netflix programming, as well as high speed WiFi, along with a back up 2nd line & range extenders.
There is also a fully equipped kitchen with oven, and a brand new refrigerator, as well as extra large dining area & sofa, with weekly maid service & laundry.
The house is very quiet & secluded, with 5 very comfortable hammocks to choose from, and spectacular outdoor patios in a gorgeous & tranquil garden setting.
We are located on over 1/2 acre privately gated property, very safe with incredible security, & surrounded by a living cactus fence-line, on the edge of the wilderness, with estuary mangroves, & one of the most gorgeous stretches of beaches in the world, right out in front of us.
There is incredible swimming, sunsets, surfing, golfing, fishing, beach combing, & relaxing year round. There is also tons of wildlife, including howler monkeys, sea turtles, parrots, & so much more.
There are also various wonderful local restaurants, & bars, including the world famous Cabinas Las Olas, as well as Lola's, & a small grocery store, all within very short walking distance.
Shuttle transportation to & from the airport can also be arranged for you, as well as a large variety of tours & excursions. Rental cars are also not necessary.
Please message for questions, or call USA (949) 903-5875
Keywords: avellana, avellanas, avelana, avelanas, playa avellanas, playa avelanas, hacienda pinilla, hacienda pinila, tamarindo, playa tamarindo, playa negra, negra, lagartillo, guanacaste, jw marriot
Our family is from Southern California & spend much of our time vacationing here in Costa Rica. We also have a very friendly staff, who are like family to us, & will make sure you have everything you need for a wonderful vacation.
Ben Geren purchased this house in 2006
We picked this location for our Costa Rica beach house, because it is really one the most beautiful beaches we have ever seen, with amazing surf & activities centered around the ocean. We are excited to share this place with you.
Nature, Serenity, Peace, and Relaxation...
Relaxing, Surfing, Golfing, Beach Combing, & Sunsets......
Very great place to spend a vacation! Nice living atmosphere and excellent surf out front!
I went on this solo adventure to Costa Rica to : 1) Learn to surf 2) Horseback ride on the beach 3) Soak in the sun 4) Eat great food 5) Read & relax and soak up more sun!
1) Surfing: Ben the owner of this terrific home is an excellent surf instructor. He is patient, kind and very informative. Ben taught me the basics with an emphasis on safety and reading the ocean. There is no "hour" lesson, Ben takes whatever time that you need for your lesson and I can vouch that he will work with you until you can barley move your arms or legs!!! It's about whatever you want from your lesson . His positive attitude and encouragement was refreshing and I can't wait to surf again.
2) Beb arranged for my horseback riding excursion. The wrangler he chose was on time, pleasant and once again "it was all about me", where I wanted to go, stopping for pictures, breaks, and letting me race down the beach. I couldn't stop smiling the entire ride! I invited Glenna, the caretaker, to join me. She helped me translate and added to my fun adventure with her kindness and friendship.
3) Soaking up the sun: The house is located a short walk to the beach. It is a very enjoyable walk, lots of monkeys, parrots and a very cool boardwalk thru the mangrove trees. I spent hours at the beach, running, walking and taking in the beautiful warm Pacific Ocean.
4) Great Food: Any direction you chose to walk there is an wonderful restaurant to dine in. Breakfast at Cabinas Los Olas turned into a almost daily ritual after my morning walk, Lola's for amazing ceviche and the best view! The Burrito Box is fresh and very good, Mauna Loa if you are craving killer tiramisu! All within a 5 minute walk..... Mauna Loa also has a very fun gift shop!
5) Rest and RELAX! : Ben and Glenna's priority is your happiness. They were perfect. Attentive while giving me my space to read, relax and soak in this beautiful country. Ben is avid about security and I was very comfortable being solo. He arranged for a private shuttle for me due to my late arrival and very early departure. Tamarindo Shuttle was on time, efficient and the drivers, pleasant . The vehicles were in excellent condition and comfortable. Due to Ben's attentiveness and concern I was able to completely enjoy myself. He is a long time resident of CR and willingly shared his knowledge. I had 6 hammocks to chose from to enjoy my books or a siesta. I CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN!!
The home is very comfortable. Every room has a
This house has 3 spacious bedrooms, with large beds and comfortable matresses, and each with its own bathroom. Each bedroom also has a flat-screen TV and a large wall A/C unit, which cools the room down pretty quickly. Front bedroom also has the large dining table which should easily accomodate 8 people. The property is roughly 10 minutes walk from beautiful Avellanas beach; the boardwalk through the dead mangrove forest on the way to the beach is surreal. Property owner Ben was very helpful with info on dining and entertainment options, and was always available if we had any questions. He will also rent a surfboard or boogie board; his prices are better than if you rent on the beach, and beach rental may run out of the boards to rent.
Our biggest issue with this property was lack of hot water. Although weather was hot, and cold water temp is probably in low 70s, it still wasn't very pleasant. Ben mentioned that he is looking into installing solar heater, that would improve things alot. Otherwise this was a very comfortable and convenient vacation house.
Second time I stayed with Ben and was even better than the first. Some really nice improvements done to property. If you are looking for a quiet peaceful place close to a beach with some of the best surf in the area then this is the place for you!
Friendly staff, relaxing beach area and great surfing beach.
Spent 5 days at this property with a few friends for a surf trip and we had a great time. The house and property its located on was nice and large and had a secure feeling that left us feeling comfortable leaving many times throughout the day to go surf and walk around. The owner Ben was extremely helpful and was always very quick to reply to any questions we had which I really appreciate and find important. Overall had a great time and would recommend to others
We arrived the evening of September 11th to a very disappointing and unfortunate experience at this house. We were a family of four adults and two small children. My husband and I had unfortunately booked this house for a month. We only stayed ONE night due to the condition of the house. All of the bedrooms had water leaking from the ceilings and water running down the walls on to the beds. The bedroom that my grandchildren were going to sleep in was not habitable. There were bugs and ants crawling all over the house. Explains the cans of bug spray in the house. The house was dirty with fast food cups and wrappers in the kitchen. There was rice all over the counter and floor in the kitchen as well. The shelving unit and closet doors had dust and cobwebs . The air conditioners and fans had cobwebs hanging from there as well. We did not have any soap, towels, shampoo as stated . When we asked the very nice young girl who was there for towels and soap, she brought us one towel and no soap. Also, the cable TV and Wifi did not work at all. This house is not conducive for a family with small children. There is NOT a living room with futon as stated. You would need to sit on the picnic table or outside. There is a room with a bed and a picnic table in it. The futon was in the yard in very poor condition in the rain.. We were very fortunate that my son-in-law spoke Spanish. If he didn't, we would not have been able to communicate with the main caretaker or the young girl that was there. We spent the next whole day looking for another place to stay. I notified Ben of the issues we had with the house. He was very pleasant and said he would get everything taken care of. He email later that day to say that the roof repair people would be there as well as the repair man to fix the TV/WIFI. When we arrived back to the house to pack our belongings to move to the new rental, the TV/WIFI still did not work. The caretaker was kind enough to go buy some soap and water for us while we were gone. Still did not receive any towels. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and we enjoyed the rest of our time there. To add insult to an already frustrating and difficult experience, Ben refused to give us a refund of any of our money. He suggested I submit my complaints to VRBO. I would have loved to do that but you only have a 12 hour window to file a complaint with VRBO. I was not able to find an internet connection within the 12 hour period.
sunbathing, atv tours, zip-line canopy tours, surf lessons, golf lessons, volcano expeditions, turtle tours, river rafting
* IF CALENDAR IS BOOKED, PLEASE ASK US ABOUT OUR OTHER RENTAL!
Though we do not accept cancellations, in the event you need to cancel, just let us know as far enough in advance as possible, so that we may try to re-rent & then either credit your dates, or reimburse you.