Our apartment is located in the middle of the picturesque old town of Porto Maurizio, the so-called Parasio.
- central but quiet location in the most beautiful part of Porto Maurizio
- bright apartment on two levels with terrace and balcony
- everything is within walking distance: the beaches, restaurants & cafes and shopping
- Hourly free shuttle to the beach
- wonderful views of old palazzos on one side and the whole valley and mountains on the other side
The Parasio with its narrow streets and old palaces is a popular photo opportunity and is located at the highest point of the city. Thus, it is very central, but you need quite a bit of condition:
- to the east and south you come in about 200 steps, so in about 5-10 min. to the sea and to some restaurants or pizzerias
- to the west you reach the hill or go up in about 5 minutes the central shopping street of Porto Maurizio with small shops and a market hall.
At the Parasio itself there are a handful of pizzerias / restaurants.
Another plus: the old town may be driven only by local residents. As a result, especially in the evening a wonderful peace prevails. The downside is that you too need to park the car a little bit away (about 3 minutes on foot). For unloading but you can drive to the front of the house. In addition, every hour a free bus to the beach, the stop is right on the doorstep!
Our apartment is on the third floor of a 150 years old house without elevator.
For the "ascent" in the apartment you will be rewarded great views:
On one side you can see the highest square of Porto Maurizio, Piazza Parasio and other palaces of the old town.
On the other side you look at the entire hinterland of Imperia, which means you can see the city, the surrounding villages and hills as well as the foothills of the Maritime Alps
From the terraces you can look out over the cathedral of the city and from a place overlooking the sea and the coast.
Due to the free-standing location on three sides, the apartment is very bright and it always blows a light breeze, so that it is not too hot in the summer "under the roof".
The apartment is spread over two floors:
On the lower floor is the central room a 35 sqm living room with dining area, sofa / TV area and open kitchen with bar.
Upstairs, which was partly designed as an open gallery, is located:
- another living room with a sofa bed, where another adult or a child can sleep (1.20 x 2.00)
- a mansard room with a bed suitable for a child (0,90 x 1,80),
from there you can reach the terrace with seating for up to four people