4 bedroom accommodation in Valloire
- English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian
For your winter sports, Valloire offers you a vast skiing area, barhing in sunshine, dominated by the impressive Mont Thabor and the Aiguilles d'Arves. The ski resort of Jean-Baptiste Grange, world slalom skiing champion, combines all the elements necessary for a successful skiing holiday, offering 150km of skiing, for a “100% skiing” holiday.
Galibier Thabor ski area (Valloire/ Valmeinier)
70% of the ski area is above 2000 m - Minimum altitude 1430 m - Maximum altitude 2600 m
89 slopes on 150 km: • 20 green • 28 blue • 32 red • 9 black
30 very modern ski lifts: 2 telecabins, 11 ski tows, 17 chairlifts
The 400 snow guns on the resort guarantee excellent skiing conditions, from December to April. There are 3 slalom runs and 2 certified international competition slopes.
If you are new to skiing but wish to discover the sensations, tandemski are available to hire, for a fun discovery, with friends or family. Night-time skiing is possible on certain slopes.
For Nordic skiing, just go to Valloire, the other resort, which is linked to the skiing area via a shuttle. Several circuits of differing levels are available, giving you the opportunity to discover further the surrounding mountain passes.As well as the 10kmù of cross-country skiing circuits, there are also high-altitude foorpaths and snow-shoe tracks at the summit of the 2 telecabins.
One of the main attractions of the resort is its huge Snowpark, renowned one of the best in Europe. It is a paradise for freestylers, with a half pipe, a ski cross, an expert slopestyle and a medium park. An easy park, for beginners, is also available.
Outings for off-piste skiing are organised by the ski schools.
Take time to discover the activities available on or around the resort of Valmeinier:
- Skating rink; fitness centre
- Paragliding; microlighting
- Adventure park
- Dog sleigh; snow shoe outings
- Speed riding
- Cinema; library; multimedia room
- Llama outings
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Little train
- Ice sculpture; snow sculpture
- Discos; bowling
- Donkey farm: visit, sleigh rides and sale of donkey milk products
- Farm visits
- Guided tours of the Valloire heritage and of its 17 hamlets
- Notre Dame de l‘Assomption parish church (baroque church of the 17th century)
- The Télégraphe fortress
- Traditional houses with sundials
- Poingt Ravier hamlet
- Cheese manufactures
- Séa snow cave