"Domaine Les Forges" is located in the attractive tourist area of Poitou-Charentes, just above the Dordogne. The region is bounded on the west by the Atlantic Ocean. The capital is Poitiers. This area fits the ideal of France: very sunny, pleasant temperatures, picturesque villages, terraces, relaxed atmosphere and of course, an excellent regional cuisine. It is still undiscovered by mass tourism and it therefore provides an excellent impression of authenticity.
Holiday park "Domaine Les Forges" has extensive facilities for young and old.
- The holiday resort is car free, so children can play safely and freely.
- They can play in the playground or on the football field.
- Every Saturday (during the summer season) free golf lessons are offered for children at 14:00.
The opportunities for leisure activities are almost unlimited:
- There is a Jeu de Boules alley and a table tennis.
- The extensive and fully fenced heated outdoor pool (15m x 5m) is centrally located in the park, and is open from May 1st to September 30th. There is a separate toddler pool. In the high season there is an international animation team, which provides a professional and varied program for children. Beside the pool there are spacious terraces with sun loungers and parasols.
- Golf enthusiasts will find just 2.5 km away, one of the most beautiful golf courses in France (27 holes), located on 100 hectares of woodland and pastures. The courses are open to both beginners and experienced golfers. In the clubhouse there is a professional and modern golf shop with a wide variety of golf equipment and accessories, and an internationally oriented restaurant.
- Right outside the resort, there are many other possibilities for sports such as hiking, biking, horseback riding and fishing. The wooded area is particularly suitable for that. The reception staff can inform you about the extensive possibilities.
Good food and drink is inseparable connected with a vacation in France.
- During high season the pool bar is open for a drink, snack, small snacks and ice cream.
- In mid and high season, fresh bread is brought to the park every morning by the local baker.
- For a good lunch or dinner a charming restaurant with terrace is just 2 km away. They offer a varied menu with both local and international cuisine.
- On the golf course there is an excellent restaurant with a varied lunch and dinner menu.
- In the typical French villages in the area you can enjoy the local culinary possibilities or a drink or ice cream in the sun on a terrace at one of the many restaurants or brasseries.
- For your daily shopping you don't have to drive far. In Vasles (within 5 minutes) there is a small supermarket. Within 10 minutes’ drive you'll find excellent supermarkets in the surrounding villages, you can buy fresh rolls at a bakery, and barbecue meat at a butcher.
- The reception staff can inform you about the addresses! At the park reception it is also possible to order daily fresh bread and croissants to start your day from your porch with a good French breakfast.
This spacious, detached villa with 80 m2 living space is suitable for four adults and two children up to 2 years. It is truly a luxury and high-quality villa, and moreover, the whole accommodation is ground level and threshold-free, so the house can be regarded as wheelchair friendly.
The spacious living room has a dining area for four people and a flat screen TV with international channels. Furthermore there are a stereo and a DVD player available. The fireplace adds to the atmosphere.
The luxurious kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, (combi) microwave, fridge-freezer and coffee machine. In addition, there is a washing machine.
There are two bedrooms each with two comfortable single box spring beds and ample storage options. The price includes bed linen and the beds are already made on arrival! You have two toilets and even two luxurious bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a bath.
Large patio doors give access to a spacious, furnished veranda with a parasol, and a spacious private garden (up to 800 m2), with a barbecue and lots of privacy. There is outdoor lighting.
From 2018 you can use the Wi-Fi internet free of charge.