|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
Perfectly nestled in the heart of old Rome, between Campo de' Fiori, Navona, the Pantheon and the Roman Forum, this finest and elegant apartment, with classical and modern at the same time, is situated in the famous historical Palazzo Costaguti, which faces the Turtle Fountain, one of Rome's most beautiful (there are several copies in the world).
The finest apartment comprises three double bedrooms (one matrimonial, two with twin beds which can be joined in one room), an ample and elegant sitting room, a separate dining room, three bathrooms (of which two en-suite), an ample and efficient kitchen, a spacious and perfectly equipped laundry room.
The apartment is also endowed with an expansive terrace, of the same size of the apartment, endowed with a large gazebo, covering a comfortable sitting area in "poly rattan", two tables with chairs to dine out that can sit up to 8-10 persons, and finally deck beds. The terrace is endowed in turn with views of several Rome domes and historical palaces (Sant'Andrea della Valle, San Carlo ai Catinari, S. Ivo alla Sapienza, Palazzo Mattei etc.), of old Rome roofs, plants and even two lemon trees,
The apartment is situated at the third European floor (fourth floor in the US), with elevator. It is 180 square meters large (app. 1,900 sq. Ft.). It is silent and bright.
The property is also very well equipped:
- high quality AC in every room, each with remote control;
- free 24/7 internet Wi-Fi ADSL connection;
- HD color large screen color TV with satellite dish to watch English channels (CNN, FoxNews, BBC, Bloomberg etc.), and of many other languages (French, Spanish, Russian, German, Dutch, Arabic etc.);
- land line telephone;
- washing machine, clothes dryer, iron, iron board, microwave;
- full-fledged kitchen, completely equipped (dishwasher, fridge-freezer, cutlery, dishes, glasses, orange squeezer, American coffee percolator, Italian coffee pots);
The property was entirely renovated with utmost attention to detail and taste both regarding the property, the furniture ("modern classic"), the furniture, the fittings and the equipment.
[In the photo: OWNER DR. COSTAGUTI with his wife]
His family owns the palace since 1578. They are one of the most distinguished families in Rome, and they had a role in its history, especially of the Catholic Church. One of the cardinals of the family contributed to build St. Peter's.
The family always had a tradition of hospitality, and the owner will be your ideal host, exceeding to keep his commitments.
Morris purchased this apartment in 1578
(1) It couldn't be more central, in the truly smartest and most pleasant area of old Rome's centre, where you still find the original Romans since nearly 3000 years.
(2) Not only you will be surrounded by Rome's sights in the very area of the apartment, but you will be able to reach easily on foot most if not all the others. The remaining ones can be reached still on foot or with a short bus / taxi ride.
(3) Unique atmosphere of the location: romantic, delightful, yet with the witty and savvy Romans making it live, and with numberless cafes, restaurants, shops of all kinds, grocers, ice cream parlors, craftsmen, you name it!
(4) Unique atmosphere of the palace: one of Rome's most famous historical palaces, exuding history and character from its bare walls. Just search in Google "Palazzo Costaguti" you will find 100s of articles about it!
(5) Last but not least, a spacious, charming, inviting, bright, silent apartment, furnished and prepared with utmost taste and attention to detail;
(6) Finally, an expansive terrace where you will be able to dine "al fresco", sip your glass of Italian wine with friends while looking at Rome's domes and old roofs.
Could it get more Italian and Roman than this?
In addition to the above, you will also find:
- countless facilities (laundromat, Hammam & massage centre, hairdresser, pharmacies, supermarkets, etc.)
- A detailed property book is provided, with tourist and travel information, tips and suggestions of the area.
- Additional services: Car service, Rome Cook at your home providing excellent catering service also with cooking and food shopping tips and information;
- Massage at your home etc.
Wow, what a beautiful flat! Morris and his assistant Clara were very helpful throughout the process and made us feel welcome. We really appreciated having a driver meet us at the airport and take us back. It was such a treat to be able to stay in a historic home and experience some of Roman life. The flat was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the shops and restaurants in the neighborhood and getting fresh fruit and vegetables at the market. This is a great location! The taxi stand is a short walking distance which made getting to the outskirts of Rome quite easy. Our favorite thing to do in the evening was sit on the terrace. Our family had such a wonderful time and made great memories. I highly recommend staying here!
Three generations, seven of us in all, enjoyed the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. The apartment is perfectly located for walking to historic sites and to Trastevere. If you need public transportation or a cab, everything you need is at Largo Argentina, a very short walk.
We walked to St. Peter's on New Year's Day, to the Forum and the Colosseo metro stop, to the Pantheon and to Trastevere several times. The restaurants in the Jewish Ghetto are right around the corner. We especially enjoyed Ba Ghetto Milky for a big dinner and La Renella, in Trastevere, for pizza.
The property is spacious and comfortable. The owner installed a third single bed in one of the bedrooms in order to accommodate our three daughters. (And I mean he did this himself--who else has had a Marquis make up their bed?). Having three bathrooms was especially convenient and helped us get out the door in the mornings.
Dr. Mauro "Morris" Abate, the owner's agent, and his assistant Clara were helpful and thorough. Clara met us at the apartment, got us settled in, and was available throughout the week for questions. Morris responded promptly to every inquiry with exhaustive instructions and lots of information about the area. We had never rented an apartment before, and the good communication made us much more comfortable with the process.
The apartment is not inexpensive, but the price is truly inclusive-- you won't get hit for hidden charges here, and when you calculate the cost on a per person, per night basis, it really isn't more expensive than a comparable hotel in a comparable area would be.
We had a special week in Rome, and this apartment was an important part of our enjoyment. Highly recommended.
We were 5 adults staying 5 nights at this lovely apartment and building. 3 bedrooms and 3 bathroom, perfect. AND a beautiful spacious terrace overseeing rooftops and parts of Rome. We also had a private cook, Ms Clara (very nice and helpful lady) coming over and cooked a fantastic dinner on our last night. I Highly recommend doing this. The location couldn't be better with walking distance to a lot of the famous attractions, good shopping and excellent food.
I recently spent a week in Rome staying at the stately "Tortoise " apartment in the heart-of-the-heart of the city. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. For 5 women, the accommodations were perfect....3 bedrooms and 3 very nice bathrooms. However, our favorite space was the private terrace on the roof overlooking quaint streets and hearing the hussle and bustle of the neighborhood. Our hostess was fabulous.
I traveled with my 4 close girlfriends for a short trip to Rome. The property is perfectly located within walking distance to many of the great attractions in Rome. Also, close to ground transportation if needed. The home is exactly what you would expect for a great Roman experience. Tastefully appointed with the best rooftop patio in the neighborhood. The staff make you feel like one of the family and you definitely get what you pay for. I would recommend to this place to everyone. I am already looking forward to revisiting with my family...what wonderful memories we created on our visit!
Piazza Mattei and the Palazzo Costaguti are located more in the heart of Rome, between the Campo de' Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto, near Piazza Navona and the Pantheon, and also close to the Roman Forum. These famous central districts have a completely different personality: Piazza Navona is centred around the elegant square, its marvellous fountains and churches, and it is renowned for its chic, Dolce Vita atmosphere. Campo de' Fiori is Rome's liveliest area, with its morning market, its grocery shops, and as mentioned its bohemian character. The Jewish Ghetto is uniquely intriguing, for its bi-millenary inhabitants and old Roman traditions, its historical shops / restaurants / and also its Jewish sights (the main synagogue, Rome's Jewish Museum etc.).
In the end, the property is situated in a uniquely quintessential Rome location.
This large and remarkably equipped apartment is surrounded by myriads restaurants and cafes, shops and boutiques, suiting all tastes and wallets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £25 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£356|
Standard rates apply for the low season, in highest season there might be minimal increases, please enquire.
Typically a 35% booking deposit is required, the balance is due upon the beginning of the rent. This provision might change in especially important highest season periods.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.