|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
This beautiful lakefront log home is perfect for your next vacation, family reunion, wedding, or any other special event. The spacious 3000 square-foot home is situated on a bluff overlooking the main channel of Watts Bar lake and the views from the house, pool, dock, and numerous decks are spectacular! The three acre fenced, wooded lot provides a feeling of privacy and seclusion yet is only minutes from the city. Fabulous shopping and dining at Turkey Creek in west Knoxville are only 20 minutes away!!!
The master suite has a Tempurpedic queen bed and whirlpool bath and adjoins the screened-in porch. The guest suite has a fabulous 4-poster queen bed and expansive view of the lake. The third bedroom overlooks the pool and lake and has 1 deluxe queen futon bed, 2 day beds, and 2 standard queen futons. This room also has a Pool Table and a TV with Cable. The fourth bedroom has a queen memory foam bed.
The Great Room has a Large Stone Fireplace and a large flatscreen Smart TV with premium channels on cable/DVR with a DVD player. WiFi available on all floors and from every room and very good cell phone coverage throughout.
The deep water dock with year around water on 39,000 acre Watts Bar lake is the perfect access for all types of water sports and some of the best fishing in Eastern Tennessee. And with over 300 feet of waterfront, you will have plenty of quiet time down at the dock.
From the decks, you will get 180-degree views of Watts Bar Lake comprising a portion of the Tennessee River. You will see barges float by on their way to Knoxville or a fleet of boats heading to football games at Neyland Stadium in the Fall.
Watts Bar Lake consists of over 770 miles of shoreline to explore along with 14 islands and several places to cliff dive from over 80 feet high. The lake extends over 72 miles from the Watts Bar Dam up to Ft. Loudon Dam with the maximum depth of 70 feet near the dam.
Several marinas rent pontoon boats with the closest being Caney Creek Marina only 10 minutes away. There is a boat ramp nearby as well if you bring your own boat. Plenty of parking spaces on the property to park your trailer and to park several cars.
Minimum age limit for renters is 25 years old.
All I can say is "WOW". We think "The Lodge" may become our yearly family vacation. First of all, owner was outstanding to work with. Great communication and very friendly. I am still amazed that I found this hidden treasure by doing a simple Google search.
The Lodge is exactly how it is described. Pictures don't do it justice. You really need to see it, to see how beautiful it really is. The decor is amazing and I fell in love with it at first sight.
We liked the fact that we were able to bring our 2 dogs. The entire yard is fenced in, which was awesome. We never had to worry where the dogs were.
We never needed to leave The Lodge. We enjoyed the pool daily and fished from the deck/dock daily, There was so much room inside and outside. My parents stopped by for a few days because they went gambling at Harrah's in North Carolina. (A simple 3 hour drive). My sister and nephews stopped by for a few days for a simple getaway. At no time was there too many people.
Since we didn't plan on leaving, there was a convenient Kroger located right down the hill, which we visited possibly daily. Even though we didn't plan on leaving, we did go to Caney Creek Marina and rent a Pontoon for 4 hours. The rate was incredible and it was about 4 or 5 miles from the The Lodge.
This vacation was Grade A....and I have since sent the link to many friends and family. Hopefully, they will book it.....as I can't wait to plan for next year.
Still basking in where we just spent the last week.....
1) Cabin was located fairly close to town while still feeling very private.
2) All of the essentials were available upon arrival (dishes, toliet paper, wifi, etc.)
3) The best feature, the yard truly is gigantic and fully fenced. We were able to let our 1 year old bernese mountain dog roam That said, we still supervised him as we also just didn't quite trust out 1 year old with so much freedom (even though we weren't worried about escape.)
4) The Jacuzzi in the master bath was awesome. Spacious and good jet strength.
5) Views of the lake are beautiful from many rooms in the house, as well as from the large decks.
6) Living room/sitting areas were all very comfortable and well laid out.
7) Lots of unique and local art and do-dads throughout the home, gave it a ton of character and were fun and interesting to check out.
Now, I don't even want to call this a list of cons, as everything was completely satisfactory, but there are a few upgrades that could have made our stay even better:
1) Having Roku's ($30?) on the TV's, and ideally also a TV in the master would be good. They don't want guests using the HDMI ports on the TV's, which is okay, but we wanted to watch HBO Go, as I am sure other guests would like to use their Netflix or Hulu accounts.
2) An outdoor hot tub would be a fantastic upgrade. Lake view hot tub on a cold night, I am sure would be enjoyed by all guests.
3) Adding a gate to the other side of the pool area. One side of the pool area is gated off, so is the dock to the lake, the other side of the pool area is not. Those wishing to keep their dog (in our case), or small children, out of the pool area still need to supervise as the one side of the pool is not gated.
4) Upgrading the master bed to a king would be nice.
5) Keeping condiments in the fridge would be convenient. Just some basics like ketchup, mustard, mayo, A1, siracha, and ranch have always been provided with all other cabins we have stayed in (just with a general rule that if you finish something off you replace it for the next guest).
All in all a great stay! If we are ever doing the FL-MI drive with out pup again this will definitely be our midpoint.
Ownwer was so accommodating. The house was clean and maintained. Highly recommend, we will be going back next year.
12 of us convened from 4 households, including two little dogs. There was so much to do that we hardly left -- except to buy food at the nearby Krogers and worms for fishing. We had kids of all ages who thoroughly enjoyed the lovely pool (right outside our door) and fishing from the pier and kayaking daily. The house was great, too, loved the artwork! Would love to come here again!
This was a wonderful vacation home. The outdoor property is very beautiful and private. The pool was wonderful which we used daily. We ate outside or on the screened in porch nightly. If you have dogs, this place is heaven with the fenced in yard! There are a lot of stairs to the lake which can be tricky if you have a toddler or an elderly person. Gail was wonderful to work with and I highly recommend this property. We also rented a boat from the nearby marina which was really fun and only a few miles away!
We just spent 4 days at The Lodge. It was very accommodating for what we needed. Enjoyed one beautiful sunrise on the water but the other two were cloudy. Pool was very nice but a little too cool for this time of year. The property manager was easy to get hold of with a small problem we had but she got it handled quickly. The screened porch was great to sit on in the early am and afternoons. The glassed in area was great when it was too cool. Hated to leave but maybe we can come back in the fall. This house was only 30 minutes from Windrock atv park and we put over 60 miles on our buggies in 2 days. We had plenty of parking for the 2 vehicles pulling trailers with atv's. Working with Gail and Dan was great. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us. Wayne & Sandra
Kingston & Harriman, TN. Locals love this lake for fishing. Peaceful part of the Tennessee River.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
25 Sep 2016 - 7 May 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
20 May 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£243|
$1500/week off season, $2200/week peak season
Please contact us for additional information and pictures
Major Credit Cards accepted
Monthly rate available