|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
* Architect's delight. Immaculate. Spacious, open floor plan, new house, full of light.
* Large, heated pool surrounded by shading palm and fruit trees and vegetation wall. Outdoor dining, sitting and barbecue grill, two outdoor hot water showers
* Entry courtyard with water fountain greets you and your visitors.
* Palm-enclosed natural gazebo, raised near entrance
* Beautiful garden with many exotic flowers and fruit bearing trees
* Great room with wood fireplace, perfect for romantic evenings or relaxing with family and friends. 3 Lazy chairs, kitchen island with bar stools, all in one great room.
* Master suite includes sitting and office areas, with own access to pool deck and to beach path and 'hiding lounge'
* Master bath is beautifully decorated with hand painted porcelain vessel sinks, marble, granite, and separate 2 person Jacuzzi and shower with glass enclosure.
* The common bath has double sinks and a sunken tub
* Formal dining room for eight can be opened to provide fresh air from the courtyard. Beautiful art and collection pieces. Fine china.
*Gourmet kitchen, state of the art appliances, granite counter tops with full splashes
* Yearly turtle nesting sites right on our beach.
* A golfer's paradise, with 15 beautiful golf courses within a 5-30 minute drive !
* The secluded beach and vast lagoon provide opportunities for surfing, snorkeling, boogie boarding, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, surf-casting, shelling and fantastic fishing! Catch Pompano, Whiting, Snook, Spanish Mackerel, Bluefish and more right at our beach, with equipment provided! Boating excursions, deep sea fishing, nearby airboat rides, great cafe's, music and entertainment within a mile.
* Riverside Theater, Museum of Art, fine and family restaurants, shopping, tennis and golf, unique boutiques, nearby McGee Botanical Gardens, Mel Fisher Museum of the Treasure Coast, Navy Seal's Museum
* Private Beach - endless white sandy beaches- crystal blue waters
* Snorkeling for tropical and local fish within a mile
* Numerous golf courses in area - a golfer's paradise
* Beach and lagoon for observation of local and migrating birds, dolphin and manatees
* Famous Pelican Island
* Well known Jungle Trail for biking and nature hiking
* Watch Skydivers' events and Canaveral rocket launches
* Visit unique Bok Tower Gardens and so much more
Enjoy unparalleled privacy, tranquility and safety.
Bring only your clothes, as we provide just about anything else you may need: from spices in the kitchen to beach chairs and umbrellas, pool floats, body boards, ocean kayaks, games and kites, surf fishing equipment, stand up paddle board, ping pong table and bicycles. Watch sea turtles, fly a kite, stroll the beach at sunset, relax like never before.
Come, experience paradise!
Read our 43 reviews, every one of them 5 stars. No one has given us a review below 5 stars and we strive to keep it that way! It is our pride and joy to have this.
I fell in love with Vero Beach in the 1990’s, when I brought my two young boys here from Fort Lauderdale to learn surfing. I liked Vero’s barrier island so much that I sold my medical practice and moved here. Now that the boys are grown up and on their own I love sharing the magic of my Surf Lane home with those who appreciate this very unique part of Florida as much as I.
My early years were spent in an American-staffed International school, followed by medical school, in Colombia. Though my parents were of modest means they managed to make sure all six of us were at least bilingual by graduation. After Residency in the Panama Canal Zone U.S. Army Hospital I completed my Pediatrics training in Orlando, then practiced Pediatrics for the better part of two decades in south Florida.
I take personal pride in hosting guests at Surf Lane, and enjoy doing everything I can to make their vacations memorably wonderful.
Maria Arroyave purchased this house in 2004
Vero Beach’s barrier island, between the placid Indian River lagoon (inter coastal waterway) and miles of fine sandy beaches on the Atlantic ocean, is very unlike most other parts of Florida – little traffic most of the year, tasteful and carefully planned commercial development (two story limit except for two grandfathered 9 story buildings), tranquil neighborhoods, and almost no souvenir or t-shirt shops. The beach a hundred steps from my Surf Lane home is near a lifeguard station where more than two dozen bathers may only happen during Spring Break.
My Surf Lane vacation home is at the end of a cul-de-sac in a tranquil neighborhood, one home from the ocean. It is close enough to highway A1A to be convenient, but far enough to be quiet and peaceful. The location affords instant private beach access, yet is shielded from constant wind and sea spray, and rents at more economical rates than ocean front homes.
Our family spent two weeks at this home this past summer. It was the most fun and relaxing vacaton we have ever had. The house is located in Vero Beach literally steps away from the beach. There are many nearby grocery stores, malls, outlet stores etc. The pictures shown on this website DO NOT do the house justice. This home is even more BEAUTIFUL in person. This house is stunning from the inside and out with a great pool, landscaping and beautiful art pieces--many painted by Maria's mom. The house was very clean, comfortable and well maintained. It was extremely comforting to know that the house is Category 4 hurricane proof! The owners, Bob and Maria are two of the nicest people we have ever met. They were extremely knowledgable and hospitable. It was a pleasure meeting them and some of their family members. Although there was plenty to do at the house (i.e. bikes, kayaks, boat trips etc.) there are so many near by activities you can do as well. Bob took us on a boat trip one day and the kids were able to fish and swim, they had the best time. We were also able to do many day trips such as Sea Word, Universal, Andretti thrill park etc. I would absolutely recommend this home to anyone who wants to have a fun and relaxing vacation! We hope to one day be able to stay at this home again. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality and the great memories!
My family had the best time during our stay. Owner was very attentive in making sure every need was met.
We had a wonderful time spending the week in your beautiful home! There were 9'of us, my two adult daughters with their husbands, my son, my husband ,and also my two middle school aged daughters . There was plenty of room for all of us. We spent a lot of time around the pool and walked to the beach which was a few steps down the path .The beach towels, umbrella, chairs, accessories , everything we needed was there. Very quiet neighborhood. The beds were very comfortable. We prepared meals and found plenty of plates, utensils, and cookware. We also found several wonderful restaurants in the area. We drove to Disney and Universal a couple of days. We really had a perfect week! Any questions we had were promptly answered! Thanks for being so friendly and for making our YOLO trip so wonderful !
Sherri and Monte Hess
We recently spent a week at this lovely home in Vero Beach. Our family (3 early 20-somethings included) and for a bit 3 other adults all enjoyed the house immensely. The layout is perfect to allow those early risers or night owls to be in one part of the house while others slept. The pool area can't be beat. It is totally secluded and peaceful. The house is a very short walk down a private path to the ocean and lovely near-empty beach. Vero Beach has good restaurants and shops, but it not at all crazy or loud. One or two house issues were taken care of immediately by the homeowner (thanks, Maria!). I would gladly return!
Never having rented a vacation property, we were concerned about perception vs. reality. No need to worry here. Maria Arroyave is a gracious, and truthful owner. When you stay in her home, you can tell someone lives there--that it's not just an income producing property.
Among its charms are a wonderful layout, doors opening onto the pool from all parts of the house, and a paved 300' walk to the most beautiful beach you can imagine.
The house has most every creature comfort one could want, and the neighborhood is peaceful and private.
We were looking for a place to bring our children together for a week of relaxation and this lovely house did not disappoint! It's a beautiful home on a secluded street and only a short drive or beach walk to town. The kitchen is well appointed and very functional. The layout of the house was perfect with a stunning courtyard and sitting area separating the living space from the bedrooms to keep the night owls and early birds from disturbing anyone who was sleeping. We spent most of our time by the pool - you couldn't ask for a more relaxing place! Surrounded by meticulously maintained gardens, the pool area was beautiful and private with plenty of chairs, lounges, tables, and a new grill. A short path leads to the beach where we enjoyed flying kites, body boarding, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, searching for shells and building sandcastles. We frequent Vero Beach and have rented many houses/condos over the years and this was our favorite - we will return! Thank you to Maria for being so easy to work with and accommodating :)
* South of 'John's Island' in prestigious Indian River Shores Community. Pristine private beach where you are often the only people on the beach.
* Central to Spring training camps of Cardinals, Mets, Astros, Nationals and others at our Sports Village
* Turtle nesting sites right on our beach
Central and convenient to all the best Vero Beach has to offer.
* Several world class birding preserves a short drive's distance
* Private dolphin and manatee sighting boat trip or fishing boat trips available nearby.
* Within 1 and 1/2 miles of Vero Beach's downtown, unique shopping, fine restaurants, farmer's market, marina, world class fishing, museums, theatre, golf and tennis, antiquing, biking trails and wildlife national park, airboat rides and more.
* 3 blocks to CVS drugstore and 5 blocks to the Village Beach Market.
* 5 miles from Vero Beach Sports Village, national Little League training center.
*horseback riding on the beach only 15 minutes away
* Eighty miles from Orlando with all its attractions, including Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Aquatica, Animal Kingdom , Epcot Center, Kennedy Space Center.
* Sixty miles from West Palm Beach and West Palm Beach International airport.
Six miles south of the Disney Vero Beach Resort, on same beach.
Other Activities: Gourmet and family dining, unique shops and boutiques, golf and tennis, unusual museums (Mel Fisher's Treasure Museum, The Navy Seal's Museum), The Museum of Art, airboat rides, surf casting (fishing), sky diving, boating, shelling, sea glass collecting, outlet mall shopping, antiquing, bowling, polo, water sports (skiing, kite surfing and wind surfing), surfing, hot air ballooning. Within minutes, explore famous Pelican Island, bike The Jungle Trail, love McGee Botanical Gardens or share the excitement of a submarine ride at Harbour Branch Oceanographic Institute.
Nearby Disney parks, Swim with Dolphins, Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center,
Dog Park with swimming available nearby
Golf: Over 15 spectacular private and public golf courses in the county - a golfer's paradise!
local street festivals every 2 weeks, music and art festivals, Fellsmere's famous Frog festival and more
Other activities guests enjoy:
Walt Disney World
Kennedy Space Center
Boating and River/Captained Ocean Fishing/ boat rentals
Surfing and Surf Schools, kite surfing lessons
Kayak the Scenic Waterways of Florida
Sebastian Inlet State Park
McKee Botanical Garden
Vero Beach Museum of Art
Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution
Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge
McLarty Treasure Museum
Mel Fisher Treasure Museum
Laura Riding Jackson Home
Manatee Observation and Education Center
45 minutes to romantic and historic Bok Tower Gardens
Easy rental of anything you may need
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
19 Nov 2016 - 29 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add £32 per night, per additional guest|
Summer of 2017
1 May 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Property Damage Protection||£47|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£238|
|Utilities (per week)||£119|
Holiday weeks (Christmas, New Years, Easter, 4th of July, Memorial Day and Thanksgiving) add $500.
An additional damage security deposit of $1,000 is required which is separate from the vacation rental security deposit.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.