*** 2017 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Award ***
Yama Shizen West is a premium alpine apartment located in the heart of Hirafu village in Niseko, Japan. It has easy access to the slopes, shopping, traditional public baths (onsens), and the finest restaurants. Yama Shizen West offers outstanding value and comfort. Combining contemporary architecture and designer interiors with the quality and detail of Japanese construction, Yama Shizen provides the very best in alpine accommodation, at one of the most exciting ski holiday destinations in the world.
* On the very doorstep to some of the best powder in the world
* Fully furnished, designer interiors providing luxurious retreats
* Exclusive village location
* High level of detail and Japanese craftsmanship
* Spectacular views through large picture windows to the ski fields; maximum natural light
* FREE concierge service to book restaurants, tours, transfers, anything you need!
* FREE ski valet at Gondola,
* Drying areas, Secure ski storage and under cover parking in the building
* FREE Wi-Fi and Satellite TV in English
* Iron and ironing Board, Hairdryer and all modern appliances
Niseko is located on the North island of Hokkaido, Japan - near the international airport of Sapporo. It was originally a thermal spring spa resort known only to the local Japanese, but was eventually discovered by outsiders looking for the perfect snow experience. Niseko is now famous around the world for its exceptional powder snow. From December to April each year the resort is covered in a blanket of up to 15 metres of pristine powder snow. There are over 50 kms (30 miles) of groomed slopes across four linked resorts: Hirafu, Hanazono, An'nupuri and Higashiyama.
Niseko is now one of the fastest growing ski resorts in the world, and at the heart of Niseko is Hirafu, the best appointed village in the area. With its unique Japanese character and mix of international influences, Hirafu offers an experience not found anywhere else in the world. English is widely spoken unlike many other Japanese ski resorts where communication can be difficult.
Fabulous food, fascinating culture and fantastic snow. Go ahead and do something fabulous this year – SKI NISEKO!
During the rest of the year (May-November), Niseko is well known for outdoor pursuits like golf, white water rafting, fly fishing, road cycling, mountain biking, and hiking. With its mild temperatures, Niseko provides the perfect escape from the humid summer experienced by many Asian cities. With its wealth of activities, delectable seasonal produce, renowned hot springs and breathtaking scenic beauty, Niseko offers an exceptional destination year round. Niseko has it all.