What awaits our guests in the complex, lovingly restored, 200-year old mill department:
- 240 square meters furnished in country-style
- Tower Feeling with round walls with 5 floors
- 6 bedroom
- Sleeps 18 (14 people in the mill, 4 persons in the trailer)
- 4 bathrooms,
- A large living / - dining room, with a table for 14 people
- Kitchen with wood stove and dining table for 6
- Conservatory with wood stove and dining table for 6
- Outdoor sauna,
- 2.5 hectares of landscaped park (fenced) with numerous garden furniture for sitting, lying and reclining,
- 4000 sqm swimming pond with beach, beach chair, bridge and terrace,
- Pool with sun lounger
- Greenhouse with seasonal cultivation
- Fruit trees, self-harvest
- Vegetable garden for self harvest
- 5 covered carports, other spaces in the closed area
- Covered summer kitchen with sink, barbecue and pizza oven and gas hobs
- 1.20 m long vertical, electrically operated rotary wood grill made of stainless steel for whole suckling pig, always, Spießbraten etc.
- Weber BBQ Accessories
- Trailer with Holzöfchen and dry closets in addition to rent for up to 4 people
- A very good wireless -Netz
- TV Entertain
- Electrically controlled gate with access code
The mill as a family residence
In 1996, we discovered the mill for us as a family residence. The path from the renovation tower mill for stylishly renovated mill department took many years and so took some effort. Designing a mill livable - without losing too much of old material - was a challenge.
Looking back makes us proud despite all obstacles. Three children have been happy here great - not always without complaint. The secluded location for teens without a license is not really exciting. We made the best of it.
On the site of a 2550 square meters large swimming pond with a dock, a terrace, and state has been created. The house own wells operated the waterfall and provides fresh water in the pond. A fully equipped summer kitchen offers everything a barbecue need. A long wooden table offers a covered space for up to 16 guests. On the pond terrace 18 guests can also sit comfortably at three tables together.
In addition to the pond there is also a small pool. The swimming pond was some family members but became too threatening ;-) With fish to swim is too great a challenge. Well, what do you do not keep everything to family together.
A life on the land without cultivation of vegetables, herbs, salads and fruit is not round. For self-sufficiency a greenhouse was built. For many years we harvest over many months tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, chard, various salads and lots of herbs. Our guests have free access and can harvest what the season just will bear. Anett the garden - and Hausfee stands with advice and happy to help.
The mill is fully heated with private wood. In the transitional seasons a solar system for hot water makes. Steffen, the caretaker makes every year on New's for the necessary supply of wood. Two stoves in the kitchen and conservatory rooms exude an especially homely Had. Here the important discussions took place. That was and is our special place.
The mill offers numerous places of retreat. One is located in the tower dome. Here one is all to yourself. Rarely disturbed - who goes voluntarily hundreds of steps ;-) The view from up there is simply terrific. Each year a different panorama as far as the eye can see. Times the stark yellow of sunflowers and rapeseed, or the incredible blue of the flax, golden fields of rye or delicate mustard flowers to autumn periods. In the early morning hours or at dusk in the evening the deer dare to the terrain of the mill departments.
I open the window to sleep always. The chirping of birds or frogs croaking accompanied me to sleep and wakes me up again.
20 years we have lived great here as a family. But now all the kids are grown up, have their own families and are pulled into the distance. So the mill is privately used now only for family reunions. Together we have taken a decision to open the gates and in the future to invite guests into our lives in the mill resort. We agree: A house without people listening to live on. That would be a shame. Our friends have very encouraged us to take this step.