ED Refnr. 642883
Il Caio is an old farm in the medieval tower house, preserving all the charm of the old structure and traditional furnishings. It stands on a typical Tuscan hill, shaded by cypress trees, facing the medieval village of Cetona. All around the green of olive trees, vineyards, fields of cereals and sunflowers and the Cetona Mount, covered with woods. The Caio is also easily accessible, while being so quiet and panoramic position. There are many opportunities for recreation and culture, prehistoric caves and the archaeological museum in Cetona, art towns of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio (Montepulciano, Val d'Orcia, Chiusi, Città della Pieve, Orvieto, Siena, Arezzo, Cortona,ecc.), swimming pools and spas, the lakes of Bolsena and Trasimeno, Monte Cetona and Amiata for hiking or mountain biking, skating, tennis, fishing lake of Chiusi. In summer celebrations and festivals, tournaments, chivalry, theater and outdoor concerts. The large garden surrounded by cypresses, is equipped with deck chairs and table. The apartment consists of 2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and large living room with fireplace and 3 large windows, furnished with sofa, dining table, antique furniture. The kitchen, in the ancient Tuscan style, is equipped with stove, sink, refrigeratore. At Caio you can eat: Eleanor and Stephen, who live on the ground floor of the house, are happy to let you taste the typical dishes of Tuscany and cook pasta, bread and cakes hand maked, roasted duck, goose, chicken and pork, vegetablesfrom the garden, barbecue and grilled Florentine. CETONA LANDSCAPE OF SERENITY The naturalness with which the stone architecture blends with the landscape of Tuscany, is the wonder of Cetona. Just go through the narrow cobbled streets called "coast" because along the mountain, or go in the "citadel," the old cluster of houses overlooking the Renaissance square, to capture the poetry of this place, between emotions and feelings medieval natural . The countryside around Cetona is so beautiful as to seem stereotyped representation of a Renaissance landscape. The walls and urban structure are affected by war events of the medieval period, when Cetona Siena and Orvieto the battled. In the mid-sixteenth century, the construction of the square, as the new access to the medieval village, is the realization of a dream. The dreamer and architect of the Renaissance renewal of Cetona was Gian Luigi Vitelli, who wanted this square, oval, strangely too big for such a tiny village. Surrounding it to six-eighteenth-century buildings, including the old Palazzo Vitelli, the former century church (now a municipal exhibition) of the SS. Annunziata, in a corner, hidden among the houses, the church of S. Michael the Archangel, built in 1155 but renovated in the second half of the seventeenth century. The portico of the square, once used as a covered market, was designed by Vitelli. Leaving the square and past the Rivellino, take the road uphill onto which noble buildings including Minutelli Palace, now the city hall and, on the ground floor of the Museum. Following the curve of the narrow street leads to the square of the Collegiate, the most beautiful village church, the Romanesque style. The simple interior has several frescoes from the late fifteenth century, including a Lady of the Assumption of the school of Pinturicchio (1454-1513). Walking up to the Fortress, the view, including an alley and a ladder, the countryside and mountains, where the dominant colors are silver olive trees and the dark green of cypress. At the top, overlooking the fortress with his male survivors overwhelmed by the green pines and cypresses, the oldest of Cetona. Just outside the village, it is worth visiting the Monastery of St. Francis, started in 1212 and now houses the Community of the World X, and the hermitage of S. Mary Belvedere, nestled in a grove of oaks and cypress trees, under a cliff of travertine. Probably founded around the year one thousand, the core dates from 1367 and presents a unique internal structure consisting of three speakers on two floors. Inside there are frescoes of the fourteenth-century Orvieto school.