ED Refnr. 338961
GERO-FOTIS TRADITIONAL GUEST HOUSE
Escape to the vineyard hills, enjoying an old time luxury, living in a first class traditional guest house
In LAKKA SIMPOLITIAS OF EGIO
LAKKA - GROPA was founded in 1870 from families coming from Achaia and Roumeli ( province of Sterea Hellas) mountains.
GROPA owes its first name to the area proprietor of that time. The village got its new name "LAKKA" in 1928.
It is important to mention that the village was flourishing in the period of 1880-1890 due the currant trade. The reason was the crop destruction of currant in France, resulting to exports booming from all north Peloponese area.
The high income out of this trade, incited people and
especially the big farmers to build nice and sound houses for them and their families. At this very time, skilled technicians in stone chiseling came from Ipiros province to help rebuilding of the village.
In GERO-FOTIS traditional guest-house you will find yourself in the mid of an unique environment, surrounded by green vineyards and olive-trees enjoying a nice view of Corinthian bay, living at the same time an old time luxury.
The house is a two-floored stone building, built in 1892 and restored in 2003 to a FIRST CLASS traditional GUEST-HOUSE, offering:
- Comfortable RECEPTION-ROOM with fire-place.
- 5 big rooms of 2-4 persons each, all furnished with T.V., HiFi, separate bathrooms, heating and with selected pieces of antiquity furniture.
- Combines mountain and sea activities, as it is situated in a village (650 mtr. altitude) close to the nice beaches of EGIO, Selianitika and Akoli 8- 10 km. Also a unique environment for promenades and mountain wandering.
- Breakfast including home-made bread delicious pies, yogurt and honey and meals (upon request), prepared with local food products, vegetables, olive oil and vine.
- You can also find a tavern and a traditional café.
- Castle of ORGIA (14th century ). Geometric temple(ca. 4000 b.C
AREA OF EGIO.
- Archeological and folklore Museums PSILA-ALONIA: Square and tower.
- PANAGIA TRIPITI (Virgin Mary's church sculptured in the rock)
- Old MARKET PLACE, Churches of FANEROMENI, ISODION AND AGIOS ANDREAS (Bbuilt under Ernest Tsiller s supervisory).
- ALIKI : 180 Acres of aquatic area with selected flora and fauna species.
- PLANE-TREE of PAFSANIAS (2000 years old)- 12 FOUNTAIN SPRINGS .
- Archeological site and ancient theatre of EGIRA
- Monasteries : Pepelenitsa, Makelaria, Mega Spileo, Agia Lavra
- Helmos ski center, lake Caves, Planiteros charming forest.
- Lakka- Ioan.Theologos Monastery (2 hours walking)
- Gorges of Selinountas and Finikas riners.
- Rack and pinion train - Vouraikos gorge (6 hours walking) E4
- Rack and pinion train - Vouraikos Gorge (6 houres walking)
For 3 beds room : 70-95 Euro, breakfast included (H.S.) 50-70 Euro (L.S.)
DISTANCES (FROM GERO-FOTIS TO) :
- ATHENS 180 km (2,5 HOURS) - EGIO 9 km (20 minutes)
- KALAVRITA SKI CENTER 60 km . CAVE LAKES 70 KM, RLANITEROS 80 KM
- PATRA (HARBOR): 43 km. SELIANITIKA AND LOGOS BEACHES : 10 km