This Edwardian house in San Francisco’s desirable Richmond district is surrounded by Golden Gate Park, the Pacific Ocean, Lincoln Park, and the Presidio. It’s only half a block to Golden Gate Park – a 3 minute walk to most event sites (Outside Lands, Bluegrass festival, and others), and has easy access to the Academy of Sciences, Botanical Garden, Japanese Tea Garden, De Young Museum, Stow Lake (with boat rides), the buffalo pen, fly fishing ponds, and an archery range. It's 1.5 miles to Ocean Beach (Cliff House), Sutro baths, Land's End hiking trails, the Legion of Honor, Lincoln Park (with a public golf course), Baker Beach, and Haight St. The house is within walking distance of many restaurants, grocery stores, and local produce and fish markets. The house is also very close to USF and is a short drive to UCSF and SF State University.
With easy transportation (buses 5, 31, 38, 2, 1, 29), or a short ride of Uber/Lyft, you can get to every corner of the city and beyond: the Presidio, the San Francisco Zoo, Downtown, Coit Tower, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Lombard St., Chinatown, Japan-town, and more!
The Neighborhood: The Richmond District is one of San Francisco's most desirable and safe neighborhoods. It is filled with a mix of Edwardian and Victorian houses. It is a wonderful, lively place. We recommend hanging out at the Sunday morning farmer's market on Clement Street; walking through “New China Towns”: Clement St. (and Irving St.); eating out at wonderful restaurants at Geary Blvd, Clement St., Balboa St., and Irving St.; walking to (and through) Golden Gate Park, the Presidio (Baker beach), Land’s End, Ocean Beach (including the Cliff House with its amazing views), and many nearby attractions. (Don’t miss the Japanese Tea Garden in the park!) Locals are friendly, approachable, and laid back.
We have a detailed folder listing lots of local secrets - the best restaurants, the best places to go that only locals will know, etc.
The rental space contains the main floor and the 2nd floor. It has 3+ bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1 playroom, 1 formal dinning room, 1 huge living room, fully equipped kitchen, a shared sunny back yard, and a shared laundry area in the garage. Total 2240 sq. ft. We have a HD home theater projection system, a fire place, big stove with built in grill for BBQ, a huge collection of books. Driveway parking is available for a compact car, street parking is easy and is recommended.
The house is also very kid friendly. (We have stair blockers, high chairs, baby utensils, hundreds of children books, toys, a large black board, a home theater for entertainment, and a fenced-in sunny and safe backyard for exploration and play.) A Pack-n-Play and a stroller are available upon request.
A few points:
* Master bedroom: King-sized bed with a high-end memory form mattress. Private full bathroom. Office area with printer. Home theater with big movie screen, Blue Ray player, HD data projector with surround sound.
* 2nd bedroom: Queen-sized bed with the best possible mattress. Reading corner.
* 3rd bedroom: A new queen-sized bed with the high quality mattress. This room has 4 windows with a beautiful view of the redwood tree outside. (The guests who stay in this room will need to pass through the 4th bedroom.)
* 4th bedroom: A new and fun loft bed (fully enclosed on 3 sides to keep those kids who like to roll nice and safe) and a single-sized mattress on the floor underneath. This room is for kids or two single adults.
* The playroom on the main floor has a pullout sofa bed. Comfortable bedding is provided.
* Master full bathroom: Large bathtub, separate walk in shower, TOTO Washlet (once you try it you’ll never go back!), operable skylight.
* 2nd full bathroom – kid’s bathroom: Shower over bathtub. TOTO Washlet.
* 3rd half bathroom: Conveniently located on the main floor. A toilet and a sink.
Shampoo, conditioner, soap, toilet paper, hair dryer, towels (two sizes), are all provided.
* Keyless lock – No worries about getting or losing the keys, and no worries about checking-in late.
* Free Hi-speed Wi-Fi is included. (Sonic 1GB fiber)
* The house is a strictly no smoking, no pet property. No worries about pet or smoke allergies.
All of the details have been carefully considered to make this your home away from home in San Francisco.
For your information, we live in part of the house. We promise to stay completely out of your way. In fact, with your private entrance and separate spaces, chances are that you won’t even see us. That said, if you’d like to chat about San Francisco, just let us know!
Wine Tasting: Tastings/tour to some of the best voted wineries in Sonoma available to our renters for this year.
No smoking, no pets, no party please.