Medieval restoration with modern comforts for up to 20, Villa Perpoli is luxurious, spacious, private, and memorable. Truly 'once in a lifetime' housing with both high-speed internet and an opportunity for complete escape, Villa Perpoli serves as the perfect Italian villa for honeymoons, retreats, meetings, family reunions and vacations. Perpoli is the most famous and strategically located of Italy's hill towns and the views from Villa Perpoli are spectacular.
Reviewers from previous listings of this property have said that they intended to use it as a base to visit Tuscany's cities and charms, but instead found the perfect vacation on the veranda looking out at the marble mountains and pool and eating in the huge medieval kitchen with modern appliances.
Located in the charming hilltop village of Perpoli, this villa enjoys the feel of the Italian countryside, yet is only 5 minutes from the bustling town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, the entrance to Italy's most famous region, offering endless entertainment, shopping, dining, and annual international music festival. Experience the oldest street market in Italy, hosted every Thursday, and pick up a bottle of hand-pressed olive oil or locally grown chestnut beer. Close to Lucca, but without the terrible heat and crowds of tourists. Live in the cooler hills with the fabulous views and ancient villages, go to Lucca in a half hour, Pisa in an hour, and Florence in 90 minutes. With breathtaking landscapes from the privacy of home, to international fun and fare minutes away, Villa Perpoli is the ideal location to relax and enrich, for 2-25 people.
This large villa is perfect for large families, weddings, reunions, or can serve as an event venue or a corporate retreat. The residence boasts 8 private bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, four separate living areas and a dorm/salon, and multiple outdoor dining areas. The spacious veranda off the grand living room provides an ideal dining space for entertaining and enjoying the dramatic sunsets against the Carrara mountains. Two large rooms have held 100 guests seated for concerts. Villa Perpoli’s landscaped acres feature terraced orchards, gardens with fresh fruit and vegetables, a greenhouse, flat lawn with restored ruin columns, and a solar-heated pool.
Substantial 21st century renovations have introduced the highest standards of modern living and luxury while preserving the villa’s irreplaceable cotto tiles, huge medieval fireplaces, and stunning arches. Several tons of steel were added within the floors and walls of this ancient restoration, along with new wiring, plumbing, solar and other modern technologies, to last another thousand years. You’ll find beauty indoors and out, with hand-painted frescoes and original pre-medieval stone carvings, and different world-class views from every one of the 70 windows.
The mountains nearby provide a cooler environment in the summer than the rest of Tuscany. In addition to the villa’s five grand wood fireplaces, a modern zoned system of oil fired radiators in every room keeps out the winter chill. Every season is beautiful. Spring planting, wine and olive harvests during the legendary fall, and nearby winter skiing provide for an amazingly comfortable palazzo year-round.
Live your dream and follow your heart to Villa Perpoli!
ADDITIONAL PROPERTY INFORMATION:
* Large open-plan living and dining area with grand entrance door and central stair, huge medieval open fireplace and doors leading to original veranda which has sun canopies for shade.
* Spacious, country-style, hand-laid kitchen with open fire, 2 large marble counters and marble sinks, US style fridge/freezer, 5 ring hob, double oven, and dishwasher
* Double bedroom, original décor
* Bathroom with tub and shower over
* Shower with a utility room (washer and dryer)
* Study with hidden double-bed, full office equipment i.e., phone, hi-speed wireless internet, and satellite
* Huge second living room with original arches, huge fireplace, drawing room seating
* Master bedroom with four poster bed
* Grandchild bedroom
* Children’s room with 3 L-shaped beds
* Double bedroom
* 1 shower room
* 1 bathroom with 3 person jacuzzi
CANTINA, with stairs to gardens and pools
* Available to rent with main villa or as a separate apartment. To see separate listing go here: VRBO Listing #319766
* Marble kitchen with oven, hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer
* Living room with double sofa bed, enormous arched windows overlooking private side gardens and ruins of ancient castle outbuilding
* Double bedroom and dorm to sleep 6-10 persons
* Shower room, modern Italian style amid ancient stone walls and multiple interior arches
* Many terraced orchards, fresh fruit and vegetable gardens, and lawns
* Spectacular panoramic views from every terrace
* Private solar-heated 5M x 12M graduated pool
* Level for children’s play area and lawns
Property is taken care of by a British manager and a local cleaning person, as well as a groundskeeper/handyman and cleaning person.