The apartment is a small, charming cottage under old walnut trees with separate entrance and private parking in front of the door. The bedroom is equipped with a 1.80 m double bed, wardrobe and desk. In the living room is a modern sofa bed with 1.60 slatted frame and mattress for two more guests. The kitchen was newly installed in 2015 and offers all comfort. The entire property is newly renovated and newly equipped. A cot and baby high chair we provide you when needed. Short-term and long-term guests are welcome.
- House592 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs0
- Min. Stay2 nights
1 bright bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, a total of four sleeps
Rojda und Jakob
- english, french, german, spanish, turkish
- Calendar last updated:
- 23 Sep 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Home away from home
This fine little cottage had all we needed. Quiet neighborhood, close to transportation, shopping and easy to travel to other cities. Rojda was a good host. For us it was perfect!
Compact cottage in a pleasant area
We had a two night stay here and overall it was satisfactory but unfortunately the welcome was not as good as we have come to expect from several stays at other HomeAway properties. The allocated parking space was not made available for our arrival or stay so we parked on the street which was ok. The owners were not there when we arrived but eventually the father of the owner confirmed they were expecting us. The owners did arrive later that evening and provided things we needed for our stay such as washing powder. Both hosts were friendly with very good English though the lack of a proper welcome was a disappointing start.
The cottage was small though reasonably clean and tidy and was fine for a short stay. The bathroom was pleasant with a good sized shower. The main bedroom was also a good size and the sofa-bed in the living room was reasonably comfortable. It was extremely hot when we stayed - high 30s - and it would have been useful to have a fan to help cool the cottage down. A welcome file with tourist advice and info about local shops, transport links, arrangements for recycling etc. would have been useful. The hosts provided this info when asked and we found their advice helpful.
The area felt safe and there was a good supermarket about 20 minutes walk away. There were also good bus and tram links too into Heidelberg centre with a pleasant green walk along the back of the house to the shop and tram.
The cottage was clean and comfortable. Fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. Comfortable beds but low height off the floor. Very good heating system. In quiet and pretty neighborhood with good sidewalks. Supermarket and gas station about a mile away.
Access to downtown Heidelberg was convenient via city bus, available a block and a half away.
Owners very helpful with advice (in English) on transportation and activities.
Heidelberg has good shopping on lengthy pedestrian zone, with convenient access to castle above town. English is widely spoken.
Recommend scenic boat excursion upriver.
Cottage Home with Wonderful Owners, Layout, Gardens, and Location
Cottage Home is located below a mature Walnut tree with rose bush trimmed Gate. Rental of 3 Weeks -
1. Excellent owners that were very helpful. Their English was so much better than our German.
2. Location outside of traffic filled Heidelberg - 5 minutes to town or A5 Autobahn.
3. Located in small suburban area with access to large market Kaufland.
4. Bedroom is spacious with large window view. Includes writing desk and plenty of local brochures.
5. Key Home items included Dishwasher, Washer, Induction Range with Oven, Med Euro Refrigerator, New iron with Board, and plenty of kitchen glasses and cookware. No microwave; however, meals are better prepared with oven.
6. Updated bathroom with zero entry Shower. Clothes drying stand fits perfectly in shower stall - drying time is quick since the Bosch washer spins most the water out of clothes.
7. Very good Living Room with “L” shaped couch - perfect for TV or DVD viewing. 9 English channels available (Channels 271 BBC and 572-579 Bloomberg, CNN, NHK, RT, France 24, CCTV/CGTN Documentary ) and assortment of DVDs and books.
8. Reserved parking place - Priceless is Germany.
9. Quick travel time to Schwetzingen Palace or Heidelberg Castle and forest. Speyer Cathedral and Mannheim Palace are close. The A5 and other roads provides access to Black Forest, Michelstadt, Maulbronn Monastery, or Sinsheim Badewelt large scale palm forest swimming pools under glass dome for cold or snow filled days.
10. Nice paved trail behind home for long walks or walking to Kaufland.
11. Amazon.de deliveries with no challenge.
12. WiFi worked great and stable (Repeater from owner’s main home)
13. Overall - Just comfortable, well located, and always felt like coming home. Our favorite after 25 years of Germany travel.
Absolutely delightful stay. Walking distance to restaurants, beer gardens, bakery. Great outdoor space, not only the yard but beyond that a beautiful park for walking or jogging. The host family , Jacob and Rojda and parents are warm, helpful and so welcoming. The charming house was very clean and organized and also had BBC! Thank you again Jacob and Rodja and family!
This is a sweet little house nestled in a quiet neighborhood only a short drive from Old Town
We enjoyed this clean two bedroom house with the very accommodating owner right next door. We were super comfortable and had everything we needed. It was perfect for a family of four. You do have to bike or drive to Old Town but we did not find that to be an issue.
The apartment walnut tree lies in the green district of Heidelberg directly to a Grünalage and directly on the bike path on the way to the Palatinate historical Heidelberg. In the immediate vicinity there is a spacious green area with children's playground, tennis courts and a restaurant with beer garden.
The property is conveniently located: direct access to the A5 and B 535 and a direct connection with the tram line 22 to Heidelberg and the S Bahn to Mannheim. The center of Heidelberg can be reached in 15 minutes by VNO. 8 min walk to the bus stop, 7 minutes driving time to the main station. By bike you can reach the city center in Heidelberg in 15 minutes. The house also has its own parking lot, additional public parking is available.
Additional pricing information
Kinder bis 2 Jahre kostenfrei Check-In ab 15 Uhr und Check-Out bis 11 Uhr