|Space||2,800 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Luxury home with spectacular mountain views , large pool with deck, wonderful terraces, and is surrounded by acres of forest and farmland.
Twenty minutes from Tanglewood, Great Barrington, Stockbridge, Lenox, Chatham, and 10 minutes froim Catamount ski resort, this outstanding 2800 square foot site has spectacular views, wood burning fireplace, large family room with Living Room, kitchen and dining room open to all. Private family room on lower level and large, comfy bedrooms. Pool is great for laps, 40 feet long.
Perfect for professional couples who love to entertain or families with children over 8 years old. Lots of museums, golf, cinema, restaurants, skiing. In the heart of Berkshires resort area.
My wife and I have owned this property for 10years. It is our vacation home. We live in New York City. I am in real estate and my wife runs a program called KIds n Comedy, where we teach youngsters how to write and perform stand up comedy.
Stu Morden purchased this house in 2006
The surroundings are beautiful,, it is peaceful and quiet and the house is well attended.
There's room to cook, we have a grill, and the pool and deck are wonderful. We have wifi and enhanced cell service. If you are looking for beauty, privacy, in a vacation spot with plenty to do in the surrounding area, this is a terrific spot and an enjoyable vacation. Lots of restaurants in Chatham, great Barrington, Lenox, etc.
the views are spectacular. We face southeast towards the Taconic Mountains that are blued by midday sun. Behind us is a hill, green with oaks and maples and wild flowers. there's a garden at the hills base, cared for by JoAnn, my wife. You will just love the pool and deck.
This house is a wonderful vacation rental. Lots of great rooms to hang out in, especially the sun room. The kitchen is very well equipped and the pool is great - for laps, floating or just lounging around. It's very private and the owners are very nice to deal with. It's close enough to all the Berkshire activities and cultural venues if that's what you like to do.
We had the opportunity to stay here for a fourth time in the summer of 2015 and our experience this year was as wonderful as it was the first time we came. The setting is pristine and quiet, which is something we really desire in a vacation, as we really look for the ability to relax and unwind. We absolutely find it here.
The house has plenty of room to accommodate our family of 5 (3 kids: 15, 13, & 11), which includes room for everyone to spread out when they need to and plenty of areas for us to all be together as a family. My favorite room is the patio/porch. I would get up early just to sit in that patio to enjoy the quiet (lots of quiet up there) and read. We would eat out there and sit/relax together and play games as a family. So important to us as our kids are growing up to have that family time.
And speaking of the kids: One of the reasons we enjoy the house so much is the large pool. We have done lots of traveling as a family and everywhere we have gone, one of the kids favorite things to do was the pool. Renting this house gives them an entire week (we did 10 days this past year) to enjoy the pool.
The house is clean and the amenities are all very nice. We do lots of cooking as a family so the new stove and new refrigerator are very nice, appreciated and well used (as well as the newer washer and dryer). We used the BBQ as well just about every day to cook.
As this is our fourth time staying here, we couldn't be happier and will continue to as long as we can. Thanks to Stu and Jo Ann for being so accommodating with their beautiful home and a great vacation once again.
1. Sunroom is wonderful and we enjoyed eating all our family meals there.
2. Owner allowed us to bring our dog at no additional charge. We appreciated that.
1. When we first arrived and opened the door we were hit by a strong musty basement odor. This smell was so strong that both my husband and I found it diifficult to sleep. We tried to open the windows, but the smell never went away. We did not mention this to the owner, as we didn't see how it could be fixed during our 5 night stay.
2. The pool was not heated before we arrived & was at 68 when we got there. The next day the owner phoned & I let him know the pool was not heated, but he said since it is so big, it takes awhile to heat. The owner also left us a note instructing us not to use the pool heater for more than 2 hours a day. The owner also wrote that he found the pool comfortable at 78 degrees and very comfortable at 80. Since we were only there 5 nights and were instructed to only use the heater for 2 hours at a time each day, it would have been impossible for us to ever get the pool to the owners comfortable level. Eventually it was agreed the pool heater was broken.
3. The internet connection was lost on our third day. We let the owner know & he gave us the pass codes, which we had already been given. That did not address the issue. My husband needs to be able to email clients & conduct business over the internet. It became very frustrating, for him especially, to have lost the ability to access the internet.
4. The second floor shower/tub did not drain properly. When one of my daughters used it, it began to fill up with water & globs of hair were floating around. She was very grossed out. when I let the owner know, he suggested we plunge the shower. Unfortunately, this issue was not addressed, other than the plunger suggestion.
5. The Teflon cookware was scratched and flaky. We did use it, but only because there were no other options. We did not bring this up to the owner.
6. We were so disappointed that we let the owner know we were leaving a day early. The owner returned our security deposit in full, along with a note blaming our early departure on "bad luck," & "bad weather." The owner gave us a, "chit," of $500 if we wanted to try the home again. The definition of chit is a note for money owed. We would have preferred the owner to return some of our rental money. We will not return & are truly disappointed.
After searching for many different places and types of vacations we were fortunate enough to see this listing on HomeAway. We spent a week with our 3 young kids (ages 7 to 11) and had an outstanding vacation. The house is very roomy and has very much a "home" feeling. You can tell that it's a home that the owners take pride in and is not just a vacation location for the owners.
The house was precisely as advertised and was perfect for our week. The bedrooms were very nice, the kitchen and living room were very accommodating and overall the house was very comfortable and contained everything needed - just bring your own food. Their is a screened in porch that is just beautiful for sitting in the evening, reading, eating, playing games, etc., and even more beautiful when watching a sunrise while in it. The property is stunning and is built into the side of hillside or small mountain. It is very quiet and out of the way, which is exactly what we wanted. You do not hear anything, except for the occasional car passing by and you cannot see any neighbors, so you truly feel as if you are way out in the woods - which is exactly what you are.
By far the favorite part for the family (particularly the kids) was the pool. A beautiful pool built into the hill with a large deck surrounding it. We spent most of our time in the pool or the deck just enjoying the quiet. Plenty of seating on the deck and includes 6 chaise lounges. My kids spent 10-12 hours a day in the pool and absolutely loved it. Their is a BBQ outside on the deck as well, which is in very good condition and we used it often.
Stu & Jo Ann, the owners, were a pleasure to deal with and finalizing everything was very straightforward. You could tell that they very much wanted us to enjoy using their house, and we did. We are planning to rent the house in 2013 for a week again.
I would highly recommend this house if you are looking for beautiful place to stay, quiet surrounds (which we very much do), enjoy taking advantage of a very large pool that overlooks the mountains.
Andy & Bonnie Jonak
We recently stayed in this lovely home in Austerlitz. We really enjoyed the tastefully decorated rooms and the indoor-outdoor flowing floorplan. Every room has a door leading to the wrap around porch and the beautiful views. The bedrooms were well appointed and homey.The pool area has gorgeous views of the mountains, with no other homes in the line of vision. It gives a real feeling of being "away" with just you and the pool and nature. The screen porch feels like a treehouse and was a beautiful place to sit. There was plenty for us to do in the area (in addition to hanging out by the pool). We specifically recommend Bash Bish Falls and the Taconic State Park which are not far away.
The owners were very welcoming and helpful and we appreciate their sharing their home with us.
This is definitely a place we would return to and recommend.
I've rented a few homes and visited lots of friends in the Berkshires and rarely have I come across a house as well-appointed and beautifully maintained as this one in Austerlitz. We've rented this sunlit country home a few times and each visit flew by. The hillside grounds, surrounded by forest, have an expansive feel with a pool perfect for laps, moonlight swims or gatherings. There's an insulated screened-in porch with windows all around, that's my favorite room. With a big glass table for dining on BBQ straight from the outdoor grill, it's a perfect place to catch the killer sunsets. The views from the decks along the house and around the pool are breathtaking--sky, mountains and farmland. As secluded as it feels, the house is wonderfully situated. It's a short drive to golf, tennis, and the incredible restaurants and shops of Great Barrington. Tanglewood is a mere 1/2 hour away. Let's just say the location makes it easy to satisfy cravings for high culture or low, or none at all. Golf and tennis are nearby and there's great biking just down the long driveway along the lightly travelled road. The owners are businesslike but easy and accommodating. With an impeccable, understated esthetic, they designed the spacious rooms for absolute comfort in a bucolic, protected spot. With ample room for kids and guests, it's a dream house I wish I'd found first.
In the Taconic Mountains on the border of Massachusetts and New York State, this is a gorgeous setting year round. Located near Tanglewood, Great Barrington, Chatham, Spencertwon, Hillsdale, Lenox, and Stockbridge, this area provides fine dining, golf, tennis, boating, great museums, theater, film, hiking, biking, etc. in an absolutely beautiful setting. Our house is surrounded by forest and farmland and has a 40 foot long pool great for laps, and sunbathing
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
there is an additional weekly cleaning fee.