Beautiful new 2600 square foot log home located right on the shores of majestic Lake Superior. The lake home has all the amenities including: WIFI, Amazon Alexa, cable TV, three stone fireplaces, glass block shower, SAT HD TV with four TVs including a 65" HDTV in basement, 37' HDTV master, three DVD players (including a blue ray), 100 DVD library, Netflix and Apple TV on all TVs, CD collection, and 100 year old barn-wood siding in the basement. We also have Bose speaker systems on all three levels.
A designer kitchen including a copper sink imported from Mexico with all new stainless appliances, unforgettable vessel sinks in all bathrooms including a petrified wood and hammered copper sink, and a custom log wet bar are other highlights!
The home has two decks, with a large Weber grill and also a great fire pit lined with huge boulders to relax with a drink. A recent elaborate landscape job blends the beauty of the lake with the log property. The views from the decks and inside the lake home are spectacular looking at the open water and also a rugged cliff that lines the bay. This cliff is home to a falcon family. There is also an eagle's nest on the far side of Enchampment Island.
The home also has a sauna. It has a huge master bedroom and bath with jetted tub and is tastefully decorated with antiques/knickknacks from around the world. The basement has a queen sleeper and a 3/4 bathroom for a comfortable private area for two people. Play cards or bumper pool on the custom made log game table in the basement. Better yet pour yourself a drink from the unique log wet bar in the lower level family room.
There is a short walking path to the pebble beach. The beach is beautiful, about a mile long, 40 yards deep, and a great area to agate hunt.
This lake home is very unique, rustic yet upscale, cozy, and one of a kind! You will not want to leave.
Additional items you need to know:
1) You need to be at least 25 years old to book my cabin. (Someone in your group has to be at least 25 years old.)
2) The maximum amount of people there at one time is 8, which includes the renters and any short-term daytime guests. For example, 6 paid overnight renters can only have a maximum of 2 short-term daytime guests. Therefore, we cannot host wedding receptions and large gatherings of any type. Note that daytime guests can stay only a short period of time. If they stay the whole afternoon, there will be an additional $25 charge for each.
3) There is a hot tub on the premises BUT it is only for the owner's personal use. The Department of Health does NOT allow guests to use it. Please do not ask to use it.
4) Lake County limits four cars on the premises at one time. You can park three cars down below and one on the turnout on top of the driveway. If your vehicle does not have 4-wheel drive, in the winter you may want to park in the upper parking space on top of the hill due to possible heavy snow. We do have a snow removal service but sometimes there can be a delay in a heavy snowstorm.
5) Please respect our neighbors' privacy and keep your noise level down when you’re outside.
6) Note that the Department of Health limits us to providing only salt and pepper for spices. If you need additional spices, please bring them.
7) Bring your own firewood if you’re going to build a fire in the fire pit.