The condo is beautiful, spacious, cosy, very sunny with ocean view, south exposure. Located On The Ocean in Surfside, Miami Beach, on Collins Avenue. Three blocks away from shops, restaurants, supermarket, galleries, cafes and Bal harbour Shopping mall. Walking distance to synagogue. South Beach excitement and nightlife are about 15 minutes away by car. Easy access to both Miami and Fort Lauderdale International airports. Jogging, walking and biking path on the beach.
1 Bedroom, 1 Bath Condo, Sleeps 4
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- 16 Jan 2019
Professor in mathematics
Gerard purchased this Condo in 2009
Why Gerard chose Surfside
Front of the beach in the best area of Miami Beach
Pool / Spa
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Carlisle condo unit;very nice,spacious;large rooms;sunny,terrace is not nice to sit on;good location
Stayed December 2-December 15, 2018
PROS: Unit rooms are bright, sunny, and clean
Large rooms nicely decorated
Unit well stocked with linens and towels
Kitchen pantry had basic essentials: dishes, glasses, can opener, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, oven
Quiet Unit; no noise from neighbors in building
Excellent location of condo, close to shopping and to Publix Market
Owners were responsive to our complaint upon our arrival that terrace to unit would not open and fell off its track and that lock was broken. Owners arranged for repair service to fix terrace door and replace broken lock within 2 days of arrival.
1. Unit on floor 5 has a terrace with side view of ocean. The terrace overlooks several smaller buildings with very unappealing looking roofs. Although one can see the ocean from a far distance, you will also be visually impacted by ugly view of the adjacent roofs to this unit. Owners misrepresented the photo of the terrace to the condo we occupied;the photo represented on VRBO is actually the photo of another condo unit owned by same owners.Owner represented to us that both units are exactly identical to each other. However, they failed to disclose that while the terrace to the unit photographed on VRBO is one unit away from back of building(closest to ocean view), the unit we rented was much further away from the ocean and closer to Collins Avenue, a heavy traffic street which is noisy from terrace.
If terrace is unimportant to you, this is a very nice apartment. If you think about enjoying breakfast & coffee on your terrace on a beautiful day, you will be disappointed, as we were.
2. Building is undergoing major exterior renovations to terraces and to building exterior for extended period of time. Pool was closed during our stay due to exterior renovations. Renters should be aware of loud noise from renovations which begin shortly after 8:00am. It is unfortunate that owners were unaware that pool was closed in Dec 2018 due to renovations.
3. If planning to rent in the Carlyle, you must determine whether exterior renovations will affect the unit you are renting.
4. We were informed that Four Season Hotel nearby has purchased all the buildings between it and the Carlyle and will be expanding the hotel shortly. You should inquire how this major hotel expansion will affect your stay at the Carlyle for the next several seasons. We anticipate that there will be extensive noise of new construction over the next several years.
We had a wonderful time
This was my seventh time staying at the Carlisle, it's always a great stay.The beach is fantastic the condo was clean and comfortable,and the neighborhood has all the conveinces you need
Thank you for your review.
You are welcome to come back at any time.
A quiet, roomy, clean condo on the beach at a reasonable price.
Enjoyed our stay at this condo. It was quiet and uncrowded at the beach. The condo was larger than we imagined and very clean.
The interior of the building was very clean as well. The building staff was very helpful when we arrived. The owner of the condo was very responsive with questions that we had.
We plan on returning there soon.
Thank you for your review.
It was a pleasure to have you over.
Chantal & Gerard
Nice condo at Carlisle on the Ocean
We want to thank for the very good information we received before we booked the condo. The arrival information was clear and everything worked perfectly during check-in.
The condo was perfect for us and in good condition. Everything we needed was in the condo.
We are very pleased with our stay at Carlisle on the Ocean.
Anita & Bertil Lindqvist
Condo was everything I expected,nicely furnished ,great location,all the conveniences of home.
Thank you very much Mr Hayes.
You will be welcomed to come back anytime.
The condo is exactly like the pictures.
My wife and I visited in April 2017 The carlyle on the Ocean, great location. Description accurate on the Website.Magnificent ocean view. The condo is well decorated, clean, has everything you need. Located within walking distance to supermarket, pharmacy and good restaurants. Our family have been renting this condo for the last 5 years. The master bedroom has a brand new queen bed and 2 large TV screen. The owner is always available to answers any questions, good service. We would recommend this condo to friends and families. It was a great vacation. Will go back again for sure.
- Located ON THE OCEAN in Surfside, on Collins Avenue.
- Three blocks away from shops, restaurants, supermarket, galleries and cafes.
- Walking distance to synagogue.
- South Beach excitement and nightlife are about 15 minutes away by car.
- Easy access to both Miami and Fort Lauderdale International airports.
Other Activities: Galleries, Cafes, Fitness Room Facing the Ocean