1 Bedroom, 1 Bath Condo, Sleeps 4
- English, French, Spanish
Professor in mathematics
Gerard purchased this Condo in 2009
Why Gerard chose Surfside
Front of the beach in the best area of Miami Beach
Pool / Spa
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 4
Property was pretty much as listed. The building is somewhat old, although the apartment was modern, bright and clean. It did look just like the photos. There is extensive exterior renovations going on with significant construction noise during the day. Since we were out most of the day this was not an issue. Building was a very short walk to beach. Apartment had balcony/lanai with view of ocean. It was not a direct view (facing south), but nice view nonetheless. Parking in building was very convenient. Security was good. Grocery store was nearby.
Overall, a good experience
DO NOT STAY HERE!
I had a horrible experience! If I can give them no stars I would! At first we didn’t get the apartment that I paid for. We thought we are supposed to get the apartment that we saw in the pictures. The balcony was closed off when we read that we were going to have a balcony looking to the ocean. We didn’t know they are under construction. They lied! When we complained and finally we got the apartment we saw in the pictures. Also the cleaning lady came too late to clean the apartment. I ended up getting the apartment at 11 pm when I have been there waiting since like 3 pm. The cleaning lady didn’t even clean the apartment. I had to go out and get supplies to clean the apartment. The vacuum was broke so we know she didn’t even vacuum the carpet. It was so dirty! The mirrors and glass tables were dirty. Up and under the tables. Also the tv had no cable! Never again!
This review is not acceptable. The tenants were extremely picky and were happy with nothing. We tried everything to please them and they didn't show any appreciation. The condo was very clean. According to all reviews we got in the past, tenants have always been thrilled with their stay and loved the condo. You can see all the other reviews. People have always been extremely satisfied. We reduced the rate by 20% because the balcony was under construction. Now, all is back to normal. The balcony is open and is right facing the ocean. The condo is bright, sunny. We can see the ocean from everywhere in the condo.
Having the rate they paid at this time of the year (Chrismas vacation) in the area where the building is located and not being satisfied show how difficult this couple has been. They will not be satisfied with any place.
Spacious Condo on the Beach
Pictures don’t lie. What we saw in the VRBO pics was what we experienced. A clean well kept condo with a large kitchen, walk-in closet and spacious living room. The owners were very responsive to our needs. The balcony and pool area was closed due to painting; the owners allowed us to come a day early, at no charge, and arrange for us to use the beautiful community pools, only a block away. Parking was easy and the laundry on our floor was helpful. The Carlisle is located a short walk to the Publix grocery store and restaurants of Surfside. Easy access to the beach and the Miami Beach boardwalk. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to a return.
We loved the condo! We had everything we needed
Carlisle condo unit;very nice,spacious;large rooms;sunny,terrace is not nice to sit on;good location
Stayed December 2-December 15, 2018
PROS: Unit rooms are bright, sunny, and clean
Large rooms nicely decorated
Unit well stocked with linens and towels
Kitchen pantry had basic essentials: dishes, glasses, can opener, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, oven
Quiet Unit; no noise from neighbors in building
Excellent location of condo, close to shopping and to Publix Market
Owners were responsive to our complaint upon our arrival that terrace to unit would not open and fell off its track and that lock was broken. Owners arranged for repair service to fix terrace door and replace broken lock within 2 days of arrival.
1. Unit on floor 5 has a terrace with side view of ocean. The terrace overlooks several smaller buildings with very unappealing looking roofs. Although one can see the ocean from a far distance, you will also be visually impacted by ugly view of the adjacent roofs to this unit. Owners misrepresented the photo of the terrace to the condo we occupied;the photo represented on VRBO is actually the photo of another condo unit owned by same owners.Owner represented to us that both units are exactly identical to each other. However, they failed to disclose that while the terrace to the unit photographed on VRBO is one unit away from back of building(closest to ocean view), the unit we rented was much further away from the ocean and closer to Collins Avenue, a heavy traffic street which is noisy from terrace.
If terrace is unimportant to you, this is a very nice apartment. If you think about enjoying breakfast & coffee on your terrace on a beautiful day, you will be disappointed, as we were.
2. Building is undergoing major exterior renovations to terraces and to building exterior for extended period of time. Pool was closed during our stay due to exterior renovations. Renters should be aware of loud noise from renovations which begin shortly after 8:00am. It is unfortunate that owners were unaware that pool was closed in Dec 2018 due to renovations.
3. If planning to rent in the Carlyle, you must determine whether exterior renovations will affect the unit you are renting.
4. We were informed that Four Season Hotel nearby has purchased all the buildings between it and the Carlyle and will be expanding the hotel shortly. You should inquire how this major hotel expansion will affect your stay at the Carlyle for the next several seasons. We anticipate that there will be extensive noise of new construction over the next several years.
The tenants didn't stay in that condo. They stayed in an another one that we have in the same building. So the comments on this condo are inappropriate.
Also, about the constructions that will be done by the hotel next to the building, they are not going to be done before many years from now according to the town of Surfside.
- Located ON THE OCEAN in Surfside, on Collins Avenue.
- Three blocks away from shops, restaurants, supermarket, galleries and cafes.
- Walking distance to synagogue.
- South Beach excitement and nightlife are about 15 minutes away by car.
- Easy access to both Miami and Fort Lauderdale International airports.
Other Activities: Galleries, Cafes, Fitness Room Facing the Ocean