|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
This comfortable bungalow is located in a peaceful village in Tannheimer Valley. The home is surrounded by forests and meadows and offers a magnificent view of the mountains. It has a large garden with fireplace and terrace with a barbecue. Tannheimer provides attractive leisure activities. The beautiful valley with wonderful natural surroundings makes your holiday memorable. The Tannheimer Valley has the best cross country trails in winter. There are six small ski areas in the valley, ideal for families. The ski areas have various slopes for skiing: from gentle slopes for beginners to several difficult slopes for advanced skiers. At NOVASOL we offer over 40,000 hand-picked holiday homes, across 29 European countries. Our huge selection of self-catering accommodation includes beautiful holiday homes near the sea, cottages in stunning country surroundings, villas with private pools and apartments in some of Europe's most interesting and beautiful cities. We aim to simply provide: Quality self-catering holiday properties all handpicked and inspected by our employees, with complete reliability meaning you can trust that we will provide you with the best accommodation for you holiday.
My husband and I stayed here for a week during Christmas. We had a great time in the house and enjoyed exploring the mountains in the area. I would definitely stay here again – here is my opinion, good and bad, about the home:
- The kitchen is very well stocked. There are plenty of dishes, cups, cooking utensils, and even a beer and wine opener.
- The view from the living room is incredible.
- It’s a relatively short walk to the lake (45 min) as well as the town center (20 min).
- The fire stove does a fantastic job of heating the living room and much of the house. We didn’t need to use a radiator.
- I believe this is the most private location that you can get in Tannheim. Unlike the hotels and apartments built on top of each other in the city center, this house is set apart on a private drive with the few neighbors being far away. There is even a hedge of trees that blocks the view of the house from the main road. It was exactly what we wanted.
- There are more towels and blankets that you could ever need.
- We were allowed to bring our pet.
- The house has a strong smell of stale cigarette smoke. This gave my husband a headache for the most of the week.
- The house rules state that you may not remove ashes from the fire stove. I understand that the owners want to avoid ash stains – but we could barely start a fire by the 4th day because of the buildup of ashes. It was frustrating.
- We had to kill between 40 and 50 flies during our stay. They entered somewhere near the living room windows, usually around mid-day. We brought this up at check-out and only received a chuckle and shrug.
- Much of the house was dated. The bathroom was mustard yellow; the roller blinds were a bit tough to maneuver, and so on.
At the end of the week you must pay taxes (per day per person in the home) and for the cost of electricity. I recommend having exact or nearly exact cash on hand because the people who checked us out did not have cash to make change.
I hope you can make a more informed decision about your booking as a result of this review.
*Plus compulsory or optional charges based on actual occupancy or consumption. The payment has to be made in the currency offered by the property manager, before use of conversion tool. Payments in other currencies have to be negotiated beforehand with the property manager. The currency conversion tool is provided for your convenience only and is non-binding.